The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, yes. If you want to think that, cool.

I just had a 2 long page convo with this guy telling me that Randle and Blake are similar athletically. I had just as long a convo about Larry Johnson vs. Anthony Bennett athletically 2 years ago. Dude swore up and down Bennett was some sort of freak athlete

straw man argument.

no one swore anything. Bennett is was excellent athlete. I don't even know what your arguing about. the symatics of "freak athlete"?

you can disagree fine, but to act as if unreasonable to compare Larry Johnson and AB at UNLV to each as if there games have nothing in common is silly.

you can find a whole bunch of articles of a number of nba scouts, people at UNLV, media people comparing him to Larry Johnson...he may not fufil it, but it is /was a valid comparison of body types, play styles, and athleticism.

Last edited:
[Video]Julius Randle Full SL Highlights 2014.07.16 vs 76…:

Can't dribble, can't go right, not athletic, can't pass, can't go over/thru defenders, can't block shots. What else? The jimmer is a work in progress but the mechanics are sound

Yes This is summer league for anyone with that retort but this is how he will play the pro game[/Video]

straw man argument.

no one swore anything. Bennett is was excellent athlete. I don't even know what your arguing about. the symatics of "freak athlete"?

you can disagree fine, but to act as if unreasonable to compare Larry Johnson and AB at UNLV to each as if there games have nothing in common is silly.

you can find a whole bunch of articles of a number of nba scouts, people at UNLV, media people comparing him to Larry Johnson...he may not fufil it, but it is /was a valid comparison of body types, play styles, and athleticism.
You're misremembering brother. Scouts and articles make plenty of silly claims about prospects, comparing LJ's athleticism to Bennett's was always silly.

It was definitely unreasonable to compare them athletically. A freak athlete is Blake/LJ/Westbrook. You know one when you see one. Bennett is not like that group.

Randle was a good passer in high school, that completely disappeared in college, I hope he rediscovered that part of his game.

Bro who is back pedaling? You said their athleticism is completely different. False. You said randle probably will never jump over/thru defenders. False. His first bucket last nite was exactly that. You trippin bruh. Said they are nothing alike because randle has short arms but they are longer than blake's. You're moonwalking all over this disco
C'mon now. Everyone knows the spurs roster is nothing but well coached bums. Let's stick to the topic at hand of you saying randle will never dunk on anybody the day after he scored his first bucket doing just that
Can't dribble, can't go right, not athletic, can't pass, can't go over/thru defenders, can't block shots. What else? The jimmer is a work in progress but the mechanics are sound

Yes This is summer league for anyone with that retort but this is how he will play the pro game
Nobody said he can't dribble, he's not athletic or that he can't pass. Folks just pointed out it was stupid to say the Blake Griffin comparison was clear as day and that they were comparable athletically.

Not a single highlight showed a flicker of Blake's athleticism

I didn't see this mythical poster dunk you've been talking about either
laugh.gif
didn't even make this highlight tape eh

Randle obviously a nice prospect though. Nobody said he wasn't

Last edited:
Bro that is from july. I'm talking about the first preseason game. You keep quoting me like you found some loophole

[Video]Julius Randle Dunks Over Jusuf Nurkic | Nuggets v…:

Now you're going to say it's not on blake's level of griffin force but originally you said he would "probably never" finish over/thru defenders all the while you probably haven't seen him play since college. But whatever, I'm willing to bury the hatchet and pass the peace pipe[/Video]

Last edited:
Is Byron Scott good at developing young players?

Man i'd literally be shocked if Randle is a bust. He's my favorite player in this draft so he cant be a bust :lol:

Last edited:
Don't back pedal, you're going to have to stick your nose in what you said all season now. NT doesn't forget

Randle plays below the rim and isn't anywhere the athlete Blake is. Especially during real games. Difference is, Blake jumps over and through defenders. Randle rarely does, and probably never will in the NBA.

*posts video of randle finishing over/thru defender for first fg of first preseason game in the nba.

This play can be made by more than half the big men in the league

:\

But honestly I'm glad you're trying to see my perspective. Just because we're nters doesn't mean we can't be civil

Last edited:

Man i'd literally be shocked if Randle is a bust. He's my favorite player in this draft so he cant be a bust :lol:
He has a good track record with guards in Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving (and to a much, lesser degree Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton), but they might have been good regardless of who was coaching them. Chicken and the egg argument, I suppose.

He hasn't really had a track record with young, raw big men like Randle. Kenyon Martin and David West developed in college as four year seniors. Otherwise, there's Tristan Thompson, Hilton Armstrong, Cedric Simmons. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know why this forum and basketball fans in general are hell-bent on having player comparisons.

I always felt like Blake would improve the jumper. I want to see him be a defensive beast, though.

I think very solid team defender is his ceiling on that side of the ball. He doesn't have the length to be a lock-down post defender or great shot blocker (plus, his shot blocking instincts just aren't that good). As long as he at least makes the people he's guarding work for what they get, continues to get a good amount of steals for his position and draws some charges, I'll be satisfied. And rebounding, of course. I'd like to see him improve on the defensive boards.

I don't know why this forum and basketball fans in general are hell-bent on having player comparisons.

I think its just a relatively easy way to try and predict how good a new player will be.

His efforts alone around the rim should help keep him from being a bust

Randle can't dribble, go right, elevate, defend, shoot, or pass.

Yet he's some clone of BG?

Randle is an above average athlete, w/ short arms who is very aggressive on the offensive end and on the boards.

Only way he will truly be effective is if he learns how to use his off hand, dribble when appropriate, not force shots and learn how to make a 15footer

Nobody said he can't dribble, he's not athletic or that he can't pass. Folks just pointed out it was stupid to say the Blake Griffin comparison was clear as day and that they were comparable athletically.

phoenix will be one of my favorite teams to watch...they are stacked with ball handlers and bucket getters. my kinda basketball.

little zeke
Drag
EB
PJ
TJ
Green
the twins

and i like watching my boy from duke control the paint.

Randle was a good passer in high school, that completely disappeared in college, I hope he rediscovered that part of his game.

Everybody looks good in hs :lol: that means nothing

Thats like saying Shabazz looked like harden in hs,that completely disappeared in college, I hope he rediscovered that part of his game

:lol: see how stupid that is

Does anyone think it's a reach to say the Pelicans have more talent then say...a Houston Rockets team? :nerd:

Everybody looks good in hs :lol: that means nothing

Thats like saying Shabazz looked like harden in hs,that completely disappeared in college, I hope he rediscovered that part of his game

:lol: see how stupid that is

Not really the same thing Julius Randle was a really good passer in HS you could see that when watching him play in AAU and HS Games

Shabazz Muhammad and his people are the ones who made the James Harden comparison :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom