The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are reports that if Amar'e is bought out, Dallas are front-runners to land him.

That, and they would still want to sign Jermaine O'Neal.

Would be incredibly pleased if landed BOTH of them, but would take either of the two. Preferably JO.

If we did land both, that would really shake things up in terms of our versatility, and keep guys like Charlie V on the bench. :lol:

I think you meant to post this in 2004.
my dude Charlie will still find a way to get buckets :pimp:

Can it be that the reason Ryanjumpman420 doesn't want to talk about the Hawks of past years.. Because he only started watching them this yr?
:lol: he's right tho.

Dude said the Hawks are notorious for 2nd round exits which is just bad justification because those teams are completely different from this current team.

Different coaching and, thus, different schemes, different players, and the leftovers from those teams were younger and not as good as they are now in this system.

Don't know about defensively, but Okafor gonna be instant goods his first year. His skill set is unreal 

Confirmed, only thing I'm disappointed with is his rim protection.

Hopefully he can develop defensively and at the line but offensively he's an anomaly, Boogie level of skill down low.

Kudos to the NBA fining Chris Paul the standard 25K for criticizing officials and not OD'ing because it was a woman.

I love this antidope if u can be this way all the time I'd yell free dbd

The Kevin Love story is simple: a star goes to play with other stars, finds fewer opportunities to score, his percentages go down, is constantly asked about his individual struggles. Love keeps trying to keep the focus on the team, which is winning more than any he's ever been on, but the questions keep coming. Here's the latest, which came on Friday after Love scored five points on 2-for-8 shooting in the Cleveland Cavaliers' 103-99 loss to the Indiana Pacersvia the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Chris Haynes:
"I felt last game I got in the post and got myself going and got to the free-throw line," Love said of his 24-point effort against Los Angeles. "Tonight I was more of a spacer so I wasn't necessarily being asked to score the ball tonight, but I felt LeBron [James] and Kyrie [Irving] and Timo [Mozgov] and those guys did a great job."

When is he actually asked to be a scorer?

"That's tough to answer," he responded. "I don't know. I just kind of go out there and play and affect the game. Right now, I'm trying to find my way."

Love's facial expression said it all. This up and down rollercoaster of a season is wearing on him.

"Oh yeah, definitely frustrating," he admitted. "Yeah, I think it's one of the toughest situations I've had to deal with, but at the end of the day we're winning basketball games. I know tonight was different. At the same time, there's no blueprint for what I should be doing, but I'll try my best to figure it out."
The best blueprint, as we all know, is what Chris Bosh  did alongside LeBron James and Dwyane Wade  with the Miami Heat. Before the season, Bosh said that it was never easy  to play in a reduced role, even in his fourth season of it. He recently shared some more insight as to what Love is going through, via the South Florida Sun Sentinel's Ira Winderman:
"I can empathize," he said, with emphasis on the word. "But I don't feel sorry for him. They've got more wins than us. That comes with the territory."

The first rule of LeBron's fight club is that LeBron sets the agenda, Bosh said. It was the case with the Heat; it now appears to be the same with the Cavaliers.

"Yeah, pretty much. That's how it goes," Bosh said. "That's the pecking order. And as long as you don't fight it, things will be better for you."

"It's hard, it's very hard," Bosh said of the adjustment. "And I know, for Kevin, it's different looks. It's a different kind of thing, and I'm sure he's probably dealing with the same thing as far not having as many play calls where he knows, 'OK, I'm going to get the ball in this spot.' It's more of just a fast, reactionary thing, and that's extremely tough to deal with."

Bosh was able to be extremely effective in that situation, while Love is not close to consistently comfortable yet. And "yet" is still the key word here. Love looked great in parts of the Cavs' 12-game winning streak that ended in Indiana, but he had some off nights, too. While it's fair to say that Love hasn't fit in as seamlessly as Cleveland hoped, it's not as if this just isn't working. Love is too good a player and a scorer to not find ways to contribute offensively, and it'll continue to be a collective effort for the Cavs to get him more involved. He should never score only five points.
Cleveland head coach David Blatt reiterated on Friday that "there's not a problem" with Love, and you have to imagine he's tired of talking about it. But with the forward saying he's frustrated, it's a real issue.

He's on the first thing smoking outta Cleveland next year

The boshification of love....like bosh said accept that he is the 3rd option and the criticism that comes with it and he will be okay...

Or leave after the season

Last edited:
 CAN YOU READ? Seriously you and others can't be THIS dumb. Read through the thread before quoting and posting. You look like a idiot. READ! Geez man.....
laugh.gif

Oh and don't forget G, when you start feeling down about the Wiz, crack a beer man.

Curious to see how well the Dubs #1 ranked defense travels. Considering they only play 1 game at home this month. Didn't travel well last night :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom