The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Love front, I don't know SA's cap situation this summer but if they can offer him the max that 3 would definitely be a better fit than CLE.

Yall tank game aint strong enough to land Okafor

Psssh we only 2 games "ahead" of Philly right now, and history shows you don't want to have the #1 odds anyway. I think we finish top 3 worst record by year's end unless Melo mails it in after the All-Star break.

I think Minnesota has enough in their tank (no pun intended) at the moment to drop out of a top three pick.

Last edited:
Love was averaging 15 points on 38% shooting during the win streak, but you didn't hear about it.

They take one L on the 2nd night of a b2b and we get articles like the one just posted :lol:

The Love slander will be out of control if Cleveland gets bounced in the playoffs.

Psssh we only 2 games "ahead" of Philly right now, and history shows you don't want to have the #1 odds anyway. I think we finish top 3 worst record by year's end unless Melo mails it in after the All-Star break.
We'll see. Magic, 6ers, Knicks, Kings, Jazz and Wolves are all candidates to tank it just as bad as the Lakers

If they lose Love, and Drew becomes a top 10 player, then it'll seriously go down as the worst trade of all time.

Really have to respect CB for all he sacrificed on that run.

It shows how hard it is to be the worst team in the league when a starting lineup that includes rob sacre, Ronnie price and Ryan kelly is not considered a bottom 3 team

Tanking is harder than winning

We also have the worst coach in the league

Byron Scott is so bad that he wouldnt even get fired if he was coaching the Kings

If they lose Love, and Drew becomes a top 10 player, then it'll seriously go down as the worst trade of all time.

Really have to respect CB for all he sacrificed on that run.

I said the trade was terrible when it happened but I also believe Wiggins is a once in a generation talent and Love is just an elite player.

I said the trade was terrible when it happened but I also believe Wiggins is a once in a generation talent and Love is just an elite player.
It definitely hurt in the sense that Love could have just signed with Cleveland next year. I know a lot of folks were against the trade, it seemed split on what they should do

Once in a generation talent is a bit much though 

I love this antidope if u can be this way all the time I'd yell free dbd
laugh.gif
 Get on the wave man

I love this antidope if u can be this way all the time I'd yell free dbd
Another year added.
indifferent.gif

He's on the first thing smoking outta Cleveland next year

He has no better destination and Cavs are willing to give him the max.

He'd be stupid to leave IMO.

He'll get the max anywhere he lands, depending on where he'd land it might not be stupid

Where are the other destinations that have close to what the Cavs offer from a team talent standpoint?

You think he's going to go back to a team that didn't make the playoffs but has picks?
San Antonio

On the Love front, I don't know SA's cap situation this summer but if they can offer him the max that 3 would definitely be a better fit than CLE.
We're freeing up around 30 million next year. Duncan, Ginobili, Green, Bellinelli, Bonner, and Austin Daye are all coming off. Even if Duncan and Ginobili dont retire ( I think Duncan Retires) they are going to take less money and we can make the room for Love.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/san-antonio-spurs-team-salary/

I thought it was bad at the time too. As a small market club, Cavs needed to be thinking about the future and the present. Drew was a great transitional piece as LeBron is aging. 

I thought it was bad at the time too. As a small market club, Cavs needed to be thinking about the future and the present. Drew was a great transitional piece as LeBron is aging. 

Exactly, you play 1 year where you're not a contender trade Waiters/Bennett and add Love while keeping Wiggins.

Speaking of the Lakers' draft pick, I just noticed the Suns get it if it's outside the top 5. Is this correct?

Last edited:
It definitely hurt in the sense that Love could have just signed with Cleveland next year. I know a lot of folks were against the trade, it seemed split on what they should do

Once in a generation talent is a bit much though 

That's just how I personally feel, you don't see teenagers doing what he's doing in the NBA without becoming those type of players.

You also don't see 6'8 world class athlete who can play both ways while shooting league average from 3pt range at while being a 19 year old rookie.

Putting him next to the Lebron would have been an absolute force, they would punish opposing wings in transition and on defense.

Also Wiggins is shooting 37% from 3 while being contested on a good number of attempts.

Love is shooting 32% from 3 while getting a lot of great looks on a far better offensive team.

They are scoring around the same, is his 10 rebounds really worth it?

Love also lets opposing PF's roast him which is why they had to give up picks to get Mozgov.

Last edited:
Going back to the spurs and not having home court im pretty sure and correct me if im wrong in every championship run they have had either the one or two playoff seed so yes homecourt does matter for them

Since 1999, they've been lower than a 3-seed only once (7th seed in 2010). I'm just saying, with all that experience, and having gone to the last two Finals and winning one, they just don't seem like the type of team to be affected by having to go on the road. Zach Lowe even talked about this recently that home court advantage is dying. It matters to some teams (OKC thrives on it, for example), but others just aren't fazed.

I wouldn't have did the Wiggins n extras for love trade but that's me. Lebron gets what he wants

Hoping the Nets will continue to be awful since the Hawks will get that first round pick.
The Hawks potentially getting a great pick 
pimp.gif

The Bulls could also potentially end up with a good pick if the Kings fall outside the top 10

The Rockets could also potentially end up with a good pick if the Pelicans fall out of the playoff race

Wow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom