The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better. Staph is no joke and can lead to worse things if not addressed quickly.
Yea it's def no joke. In rare cases some are fatal. I've seen it plenty of times. But it's pretty common in athletic locker rooms and gyms etc. I don't think he should be out for 4-6 weeks because of it but that's what they're saying. Staph infections range alot in terms of severity and apparently his must be pretty bad. Staph is contagious too.

Lillard strikes me as the kind of lame that would decline the invitation. Probably fake an injury because he wasn't selected initially.
laugh.gif

after that EWD quote from Lillard I can't put nothing past him 
mean.gif

the biggest thing is hoping he didn't spread it to any teammates......they've been on the road for awhile I think but I'm sure they're still gonna clean the **** outta the locker room 

Lebrons gotta be kidding with that quote. He hijacks Blatts offense, ignores play calls, calls teammates out all year - then tells Love to fit in and be apart of something special? Blatt is probably rolling over in his grave

Clippers will be alright. They have a top 3 all time PG who is one of the all time leaders in win shares.

Just making sure the slander bus is still moving.

I hope so. I don't recall an NBA player ever developing staph in his elbow though let alone his shooting elbow
U can get it anywhere really. But unless it's like deep in his blood steam then he's got more problems but I doubt it. Once they lance that thing the majority of the pain will be gone. Guessing theyre saying 4-6 weeks to make sure it don't come back cause it tends to do that to.

Clippers end up as a 7th or 8th seed and they can kiss advancing past the first round goodbye 

Shoeking and Lawdog, bless you both

I fear this core's window is finito. I said it before, but if they bring back Crawford and Jordan, they're not going to have much money to upgrade anywhere else. While Warriors and Grizzlies look like they keep improving their roster and both have vaunted defenses... 

The thing is, Memphis and GSW have great cap situations.

Grizz going to have to bring out the Brinks for Gasol but that's it, Z-Bo only getting 20 million over the next two years while his value is really 15 a year and his game will age well.

Conley only getting 8 mill a year. :x

Not even going to get to into GSW but they obviously have contract of the decade with Curry but they also ****** up hard with Lee and Iggy.

Lee getting 30 million over this and next season to be a backup. :x

Iggy getting paid 22 million over the next 2 seasons and he's regressing every year.

I remember OKB arguing with me that was a quality pickup and he's worth his terrible contract. :lol:

They also going to have to give Draymond the max and probably let Barnes walk.

They're saying he probably picked up the Staph after getting his elbow drained in Brooklyn. Dirty *** New York :smh:

Not serious - **** just happens sometimes

The thing is, Memphis and GSW have great cap situations.

Grizz going to have to bring out the Brinks for Gasol but that's it, Z-Bo only getting 20 million over the next two years while his value is really 15 a year and his game will age well.

Conley only getting 8 mill a year.
sick.gif

Not even going to get to into GSW but they obviously have contract of the decade with Curry but they also ****** up hard with Lee and Iggy.

Lee getting 30 million over this and next season to be a backup.
sick.gif

Iggy getting paid 22 million over the next 2 seasons and he's regressing every year.

I remember OKB arguing with me that was a quality pickup and he's worth his terrible contract.
laugh.gif

They also going to have to give Draymond the max and probably let Barnes walk.
draymond max is a fable like the aaron afflao max rumor to stir the pot. 

Lillard strikes me as the kind of lame that would decline the invitation. Probably fake an injury because he wasn't selected initially.

"Damian you've been selected to replace Blake in the ASG"

"Nah, I'm nobody's second choice"

Lebrons gotta be kidding with that quote. He hijacks Blatts offense, ignores play calls, calls teammates out all year - then tells Love to fit in and be apart of something special? Blatt is probably rolling over in his grave

Bron is my favorite athlete ever but his behavior this season has been despicable honestly.

I hate how he's handled the Blatt situation and has totally undermined him, hate the fact that he wanted Wiggins gone and now this ****?

He's acting like Love doesn't have a reason to be unhappy, he's an elite player and they aren't treating him like one.

How they don't at least give him 7-10 post up opps or do creative things with he and Bron in P&R is beyond me.

You can let a player be the GM, coach and star.

He'll probably buy out Gilbert with Warren Buffett soon too. :lol:

Why Kevin Love is the Most Misused Player in the NBA

If Kevin Love leaves the Cleveland Cavaliers in the offseason, his role on offense will be the reason for his departure.

The 6’10” 243-pound power forward has struggled to consistently find his niche and excel for the Cavs this season.

Although Love is posting gaudy numbers, scoring 16.8 points per game and grabbing 10.5 rebounds per game, his involvement in head coach David Blatt’s system is bewildering and infuriating at times.

Relegated as a Jump Shooter

Part of what makes Love an intriguing player is his ability to step onto the perimeter and stretch the floor for his teammates.

He possesses solid range for a big man, shooting 35.7 percent from the three-point line for his career, but limiting the forward to spot up shooting and pick-and-pop duties is a gross negligence to the other talent brewing within him.

Love’s perimeter scoring is best utilized when mixed in with his ability to score on the block and high post.

Cleveland is asking Love to mimic Chris Bosh’s role with the LeBron James led Miami Heat and Ryan Anderson’s role with the Dwight Howard led Orlando Magic. Unfortunately, Love is capable of doing more for an offense than those two players, but his creativity and talent is stifled in the rigidness of Blatt’s offense.

Charles Barkley said the following about Love’s role with the Cavaliers, via Bob Finan of The News-Herald, “I don’t care how many 3s he hits to start the game. I don’t want him relying exclusively on the 3. And I think LeBron and Kyrie Irving got to do a better job of getting him involved in the halfcourt, and not just standing out there shooting 3s.”

On Feb. 5 against the Los Angeles Clippers, Love posted 24 points, nine boards and three assists. On Feb. 6, he put up five points, eight rebounds and two assists against the Indiana Pacers.

Love said the following after the Pacers game, via Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com, "I felt last game I got in the post and got myself going and got to the free-throw line. Tonight I was more of a spacer so I wasn't necessarily being asked to score the ball tonight, but I felt LeBron [James] and Kyrie [Irving] and Timo [Mozgov] and those guys did a great job."

In that Pacers game, Love shot the ball only eight times while Kyrie Irving hoisted, 26, LeBron took 21 and J.R. Smith chucked 14 shots—12 of which were from the three-point line.

The 61 shots between those three players to Love’s eight displays the problems centered on Love’s involvement in the offense. Using the forward as a decoy to space the floor is a waste of his talent.

What He’s Capable Of

Lost in the shuffle of Love’s misuse on offense is his talent as a passer.

Love is capable of having an offense ran through him at times on the high post, finding the open man cutting to the basket or in high-low situations with James and Mozgov.

Irving isn’t a pure passer and James can’t have the offense consistently running through him at this stage of his career, or else Cleveland runs the risk of burning the superstar out before the playoffs start.

Love’s talent as a distributor fills those voids and can create a fluid offense that runs as well as the San Antonio Spurs or Atlanta Hawks.

Last season, for the Minnesota Timberwolves, via NBA.com, Love had 8.4 assist opportunities per game. This season in Cleveland, Love only has 4.1 assist opportunities per game.

Via Basketball-Reference.com, Love’s value over replacement player is down from 7.0 in 2013-14 to 2.3 in 2014-15, and his win shares have decreased from 14.3 to 5.6.

His scoring isn’t the only issue in his “lackluster” performance this season—it’s his overall use on offense.

For Love to not be utilized as a passer and thrust into better scoring opportunities, his talent is wasted and his unbelievable skill set withers away as the Cavaliers play just well enough to be a top-5 team in the Eastern Conference.

Via SI.com, LeBron James said the following about Love, "I think for Kevin, I think his confidence maybe just shooting the ball is a little down. But for me as a player, I got him good looks.”

Confidence isn’t the issue for Love, it’s his lack of true involvement in the offense that has his attention wavering and passion teetering between excitement and indifference.

draymond max is a fable like the aaron afflao max rumor to stir the pot. 

You just compared a do it all forward who defense 3 positions at an elite level while having court vision, range, finishing ability, rebounding and can run an offense to a high volume shooter.

You sound silly as hell and should keep some thoughts to yourself.

"Damian you've been selected to replace Blake in the ASG"

"Nah, I'm nobody's second choice"

Dame gonna boycott and post a selfie on IG with the caption:

"If you can't love me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom