The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
More on the Bird vs Wilkins rivalry ..

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/nique-bird-oral-history-full-version

Check Doc out with 16 points and 18 assist acting like he ain't know he was out there killin 'em :lol:

Randy Wittman with 22

Kevin McHale dropping 33

Current NBA coaches dropping buckets back in 88 :pimp:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

All these dudes coaching playoff squads now.

and larry got the nerve to tell lance to stop with the shenanigans :lol:

Bird is a top 5 player of all time and Lance comes off the bench on a team that is only making the playoffs because they're in the East.

and larry got the nerve to tell lance to stop with the shenanigans :lol:

Apples to oranges, man. Larry did all that stuff without ever losing focus or even drawing attention to himself. That's what made it so effective. Well, that and the fact he backed up what he said. Lance makes himself look like a joke.

From a Paul George interview -

... What should be a story is Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird shooting basketballs. Because nothing is better than watching Larry Bird shoot a basketball. From Nima Zarrabi at SLAM Online:

SLAM: I believe you had talked about seeing Larry shoot in the gym.

PG: He picked a ball up that had rolled over. He rolled up his sleeves and made about 15 in a row and just walked out like nothing just happened. It was the craziest thing I’ve seen.

SLAM: How did you and the rest of the team react?

PG: We were speechless. We didn’t know whether to keep shooting or just to end practice. It was sweet, man.

Bird when he shot the walk off 3 in the warmup jacket during ASW

:pimp:
View media item 1393383

tumblr_mtntlooAtF1qcmnsoo4_400.gif

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 3h3 hours ago
The Clippers, who have lost 4 straight, have the hardest schedule in the West over the next 15 games as they play 12 teams over .500.

:x

Blake sure picked a great time to come up with a Staph infection. :smh:

I would say the timberwolves have a harder schedule considering their team compared to the clippers

Wolves might not win til mid march

Not good for my lakers :frown:

So, do we think all the big trades that are going to happen this season are already done? Still a couple of weeks until the trade deadline and I'm not hearing anything in terms of trade rumors. Just about potential FA signings. Seems like the deadline is going to come and go pretty quietly. Then again, sometimes when you think that, something big happens.

Ya know watching these Bird highlights really reminds me of how good he really was. He is giving it to the Hawks in every way possible offensively. Posting up, mid range jumpers, off the dribble, driving to the lane, 20 ft fade aways, shooting 3s, fade away 3s, offensive rebounding putbacks, outstanding passing, acrobatic shots, cutting and moving without the ball, transition, lol I mean he really was the full package. Larry Joe Bird :smokin :smokin :nthat:

Last edited:
So, do we think all the big trades that are going to happen this season are already done? Still a couple of weeks until the trade deadline and I'm not hearing anything in terms of trade rumors. Just about potential FA signings. Seems like the deadline is going to come and go pretty quietly. Then again, sometimes when you think that, something big happens.
Yes.

The good to great teams are waiting for buy-out guys to hit the free agent market. Not sure there's a team out there willing to shake things up. Maybe the Blazers and Thunder have something up their sleeves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom