The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Russ stays on those triple doubles or misses a few minutely to finish the season, the MVP will be his unquestionably.

How many 3D's has he missed by 1as or rebound? More than a few.

Let's not forget MVP has the variable of carrying a team in the equation. Kobe would have multiple if it was just about beasting, Russ has the injury plagued season on his side.

Unfortunately thats not how they award the mvp.

A teams record is a major part of that award

It sucks because it shouldnt be that way

These Wesbtrook highlights 
sick.gif

Seeing Westbrook ball like this makes me really wish I was old enough to watch Jordan play in the late 80s

My dad always told me stories about how dude was putting up insane numbers

Russell Westbrook is like Darth Revan. A pure force that crushes the enemy team. People either love or hate him.

Steph Curry's no looking move reminds me of Gilbert Arenas few years ago. Ironically, both moves are against the same team Bucks. :lol:

This year, the MVP race is so wide.

Damn just now seeing the line russ put up last night :x

But...there's literally little to no chance that Russ actually wins the MVP this year. At best he'll finish 3rd.

Russell Westbrook is like Darth Revan. A pure force that crushes the enemy team. People either love or hate him.

Steph Curry's no looking move reminds me of Gilbert Arenas few years ago. Ironically, both moves are against the same team Bucks. :lol:

This year, the MVP race is so wide.

Is it really that wide open though? I mean I can't imagine it going to anybody but James Harden or Steph. Lebron could do it, but 1) those guys have been just as good if not better than him this year and 2) their teams are doing better than the cavs

I personally see it as a two man race and cant imagine that the mvp is awarded to someone that isnt james harden or steph at this moment

Why would Russ have no chance? Now is the perfect time for him to be doing this. It's all a popularity contest when it's all said and done

They're not giving the MVP to a guy thats on the 5th 8th seed. If the award was truly about the "Most Valuable Player" then maybe, but the MVP goes to the best player on the best team typically. Russell Westbrook is finishing 3rd/4th for MVP

Why would Russ have no chance? Now is the perfect time for him to be doing this. It's all a popularity contest when it's all said and done

The MVP? Nah, it isn't really a popularity contest when you think about it. For the most part, the criteria has been set for winning it whether we agree with it or not.

He won't win enough games to get serious consideration for the mvp award which is why I say he has no chance. Put it like this: look at what steph has done individually, look at what james has done individually, then look at their w/l. There's no way you could give it to anyone outside of those two.

Javale McGee signing with the Celtics through next season.

Not bad. They have been starving for rim protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom