The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Russell and Lebron will finish 2nd and 3rd in the voting to James Harden.

Harden has been the most consistent out of every candidate. He did it from day one and only missed one game because of suspension. Despite Russell and Lebron entering God Mode...Harden hasn't done anything to drop from that top spot.
Word? Whats causing the Steph slide down to fourth for you?
Steph is winning MVP as long as GSW is number 1 in the west, especially if the Rockets finished under 4th or worse in the west

Last edited:
What was DeAndre thinking :lol:

Same week we see Otto Porter in lala land on defense

Last edited:

Word? Whats causing the Steph slide down to fourth for you?
The media votes...and there's been a HUGE media push for Westbrook lately. ESPN brings it up everyday. Lebron is very quietly entering Lebron mode and the Cavs are very likely getting ready to push themselves right into that #1 seed. It's not that Curry hasn't played himself out of it...Russ and Bron just have a stronger momentum that's putting them in a bigger spotlight right now.

The media votes...and there's been a HUGE media push for Westbrook lately. ESPN brings it up everyday. Lebron is very quietly entering Lebron mode and the Cavs are very likely getting ready to push themselves right into that #1 seed. It's not that Curry hasn't played himself out of it...Russ and Bron just have a stronger momentum that's putting them in a bigger spotlight right now.
I think Curry will finish it with the MVP award since he is really media friendly and tons of people love him. Harden will 2nd since a lot of people don't like how he gets a lot of calls and the flopping

edit: forgot to add in that Russ in a lot of peoples eye's thinks he chucks too many shots and that OKC is a low seed

Last edited:
:lol: at what Zbo said about Harden not getting that call last night.

Harden, then Westbrook has my vote for MVP.

Last edited:

I think Curry will finish it with the MVP award since he is really media friendly and tons of people love him. Harden will 2nd since a lot of people don't like how he gets a lot of calls and the flopping

edit: forgot to add in that Russ in a lot of peoples eye's thinks he chucks too many shots and that OKC is a low seed
Regular people don't vote. The media does...and I don't think the media cares about "flopping" and all that other ****.

Also lost in the Westbrook talk is that they aren't quite out of the woods yet. Alot of people are anticipating OKC to push into the playoffs with a huge momentum past that 8th seed but they're barely holding on to it right now. These next couple weeks are going to be crazy.

Lebron will never be better than Michael Jordan. If anything, his case has worsened.

i feel disrespectful typing their name in the same sentence. I hope people stop including the goat in these petty comparisons with these other dudes

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/3/...o-call-whistle-rockets-grizzlies-nba-playoffs

Well said. If Harden gets the MVP, refs gotta get co-MVP awards as well.

This is exactly what I was thinking when it happened. That's the type of call harden does not get so often in the playoffs. Between that and teams forcing him to play in the midrange he hasn't seen as much success in the postseason.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE said it best, Russ out here playing like he about to go in for life sentence bid right now. :lol: :pimp:

:pimp:

The fact that Harden has this team competing for 2nd in the West with Dwight only playing in 32 of those 60 games is unbelievable. No one can say they expected Houston to be #3 in the West with the opportunity to take the 2nd seed WITHOUT Dwight. Hell, I'm sure most people did not think Houston would be a top 3 seed with both players healthy considering how tough the West is.

I think it says a lot about how Harden has improved his game overall and I think he definitely deserves a little more consideration than Curry. Considering the numbers are pretty damn close between the 2, neither of them are clear cut favorites. Westbrook's case is still pending, but I just love what he's doing right now on the court. Will it last til the end of the season? Maybe, maybe not. You can make the same argument for Russ in regards to Durant missing so many games. If Russ keeps putting together these types of performances and can move OKC up a little more in the standings, he definitely needs to be in heavy consideration.

BTW, why is this Harden "no-call" situation is being brought up so much by the media, but when the Grizz get these no-calls at the end of games (or when it happens to other small market teams) , the media doesn't blow it up? I guess that's the benefit of having a superstar on your team.

Curry doesn't really show up in the big games.

That's my favorite player to watch too.
You don't know what you're talking about.

The fact that Harden has this team competing for 2nd in the West with Dwight only playing in 32 of those 60 games is unbelievable. No one can say they expected Houston to be #3 in the West with the opportunity to take the 2nd seed WITHOUT Dwight. Hell, I'm sure most people did not think Houston would be a top 3 seed with both players healthy considering how tough the West is.

I think it says a lot about how Harden has improved his game overall and I think he definitely deserves a little more consideration than Curry. Considering the numbers are pretty damn close between the 2, neither of them are clear cut favorites. Westbrook's case is still pending, but I just love what he's doing right now on the court. Will it last til the end of the season? Maybe, maybe not. You can make the same argument for Russ in regards to Durant missing so many games. If Russ keeps putting together these types of performances and can move OKC up a little more in the standings, he definitely needs to be in heavy consderation.
Harden has stepped his game up significantly by not only scoring, but making his teammates better at the same time while he is on the floor playing. Hus assist numbers have increased.

Last edited:
If Lebron wins the MVP this year is he better than Jordan,Magic, Bird and Kobe?

Sans Jordan, Yes IMO. Would still place him behind Alcindor however.

harden should get the MVP, unless Houston falls off a bit this last quarter of the season, which could happen.

On an unrelated note, I saw that chick in the lobby last night with the *** :lol: had everybody's jaw on the floor :lol: you could tell its obviously fake but no one even cared lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom