The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
why on earth would the clippers go for that crawford for TA deal? with as much as crawford does for them in the scoring department. he's single handedly won game for the when CP0 and Flake go cold. That'd be the worst possible choice for them. Grizz would lose some good perimeter d, but gain a great perimeter player. toss up.

The Clippers are stuck, they arent going to get that wing defender they need without losing Crawford who IMO they cant afford to lose, and they aren't going to get equal value for DeAndre when/if they trade him (IMO they should trade him, they sure as hell arent going to give him the Max deal hes going to get elsewhere)

why on earth would the clippers go for that crawford for TA deal? with as much as crawford does for them in the scoring department. he's single handedly won game for the when CP0 and Flake go cold. That'd be the worst possible choice for them. Grizz would lose some good perimeter d, but gain a great perimeter player. toss up.

The Clippers are stuck, they arent going to get that wing defender they need without losing Crawford who IMO they cant afford to lose, and they aren't going to get equal value for DeAndre when/if they trade him (IMO they should trade him, they sure as hell arent going to give him the Max deal hes going to get elsewhere)

what they have been doing wont get them out the 1st round... imo they need to do it if possible & see who else can/will step up & then they can defend if/when they advance

& i agree trading deandre will be tough because they kinda overvalue him & i doubt the rest of the L agree's w/ that

Last edited:
saw this on real GM, i lol'd

IHNYNlF.jpg

the spurs had ten guys play and score in the first qtr last night :x

smh different breed.

deandre is gonna be so garbage without someone to toss him consistent lobs. dude would disappear completely. all they ever talk about his how athletic he is, they never talk about any of his other traits or skills, because he doesnt have any. he's not even a good defender, he bites a ton and just has the hops to get blocks and boards.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]The Funniest Thing In Sports: Kobe Bryant Chucking At Historic Levels[/h1]
vkyxu4eql8175ugmyjgy.png

EXPAND

Kobe Bryant shot a combined 16-for-48 in the two ***-kickings the Lakers absorbed over the weekend. Even the bad guys from Rambo III  are all, "Jesus, man, that's a lotta  terrible shooting." The friggin' Ethyl Higby Charm School doesn't have that many misses.

xrkejuhvnwhgnrkrodui.png
EXPAND

Friday night against the Spurs, he missed his first 10 shots and finished 1-of-14 for nine points. His shot chart is over there on the left; I love how his one made shot is quite possibly the worst shot he took in the entire game.

Somehow that 1-for-14 isn't the funniest or most memorable number after the weekend. Neither is it the ghastly 19 misses on Sunday night, nor the fact that the Lakers' opponents, the Warriors, scored two more points in regulation (136) than the Rockets and Thunder combined  for earlier Sunday evening (134).

Nope: 38.9 is the funniest number in the NBA right now.

That's Kobe's usage rate through 10 games. Usage rate, for the unacquainted, estimates the percentage of team possessions that a player "uses" when he's on the court; basically, it tells you how frequently that player ends offensive possessions, with either a shot attempt, a free-throw attempt, or a turnover. Kobe's usage rate is 38.9, meaning that through 10 games, nearly 40 percent of the Lakers' possessions are ending via a Kobe shot, a Kobe free throw, or a Kobe turnover.

That number ... that's a big-*** number! Among guys who play enough minutes for their stats to matter, it's the highest in the NBA; in fact, the gap between Kobe's usage rate and the second-highest (DeMarcus Cousins, at 33.3) is bigger than the gap between the second-highest and the 18th-highest (Marreese Speights, 27.8). Hell, if the season ended today, that would be the highest single-season usage rate in the three-point era.

At 36, Kobe is chucking more than Michael Jordan ever did. More than Allen Iverson ever did. More, even, than 27-year-old, peak-of-his-athletic-gifts Kobe Bryant did, back in that bananas 2005-06 season we all remember as the year he didn't even pretend to care about anything other than scoring as many points as he could. If the NBA season ended right now, his current 25.2-shots-per-36-minutes pace would be the highest in over 30 years; his true shooting percentage, meanwhile, is 40 points lower than that of any other player who has attempted more than 23 shots per 36 minutes in the three-point era.

Kobe stans will rush in here to claim that Kobe is chucking with world-historic frequency because he has  to. "What other option do the Lakers have?" they will ask. "Do you want Wes Johnson  taking those shots instead?" Which almost  makes sense, except that the Lakers are 1-9 and have been blown out more often than not, which seems to suggest that, as options go, "have old-*** Kobe take all the shots" isn't much of one. They couldn't be more than one game worse if they took those shots away from Kobe and gave them to Ronnie Price. They couldn't be more than one game worse if they took those shots away from Kobe and gave them to Mark Price. Hell, dig up Vincent  Price, stick a jersey on him, and duct-tape him to a rolling furniture dolly, and the Lakers' winning percentage changes by a measly 11 percentage points.

The thing I love the most about these numbers is that, whether they're a function of necessity or proof of Kobe's unhinged selfishness, they're funny either way. If Kobe is using a world-historic number of possessions to chuck up bricks because his teammates (and Byron Scott's scripted offense) are just that  goddamn bad ... that's funny! It's funny when a team has to rely on a 36-year-old with bionic legs taking 25 shots a game just to produce barely enough offense not to lose by 40 every night.

On the other hand, if he's using a world-historic number of possessions to chuck up bricks because he just doesn't give a **** anymore and has determined that passing Michael Jordan on the career scoring list is the only thing that can be accomplished this season ... that's funny too! It's funny when a team builds itself around a 36-year-old with shredded legs and he responds by tuning out his teammates and gunning shamelessly for a personal milestone.

There could be no funnier athlete in this spot than Kobe Bryant, the most self-serious athlete in all of sports. The chucker-on-a-bad-team role makes boring sense when held by, say, Voshon Lenard, or Chuck Person, or whoever. But: this is Kobe Bryant! The Black Mamba!

Picture him sitting down to a power lunch with Arianna Huffington, discussing knowingly the habits and obligations and perquisites of greatness. Picture him filming some somber, gravid TV commercial about, like, the drive and determination to be unstoppable, or some ****. Picture him studying game tape, in the dark, alone, the solitude of the true craftsman, devoted to thecraft  of victory, eyes narrowed, seeing through  the recorded actions to the deeper basketball truth, the battlefield leverages and vulnerabilities. Picture him stalking through the bowels of the arena toward the locker room, focused, imperturbable, suit and shades, the warrior monk, the basketball James Bond, the Man with a Job to do. And then, oh God, oh God, picture him going out and chucking up two-dozen contested 19-footers and losing by 20 to the ******* Hawks.

It's too much. I can't even bear it. My heart swells to bursting. This is the best time to be alive.

Jordan Hill, Wes Johnson and the Rockets' draft pick for DeAndre Jordan.

Bwhahahaha.

Last edited:
the spurs had ten guys play and score in the first qtr last night :x

smh different breed.

deandre is gonna be so garbage without someone to toss him consistent lobs. dude would disappear completely. all they ever talk about his how athletic he is, they never talk about any of his other traits or skills, because he doesnt have any. he's not even a good defender, he bites a ton and just has the hops to get blocks and boards.

um si... thats correct

Bwhahahaha.

not bad actually :lol: as bad as that sounds

Bwhahahaha.

with as terrible as the organization is now, I wouldnt eem be surprised. and a max deal to soon follow. He'll be the 'next great laker big man' :smh:

Yeah, I don't see us making a major deal this season unless we actually fall below .500. Doc and the players seem to think at this point the problems they're having are correctable and they may still be. I think they'll try and add a better wing defender through other channels other than trading a major piece away. We'll see though. If this upcoming road trip is a disaster, who knows?

Clippers have a lot of talent and can't make it gel, I have no clue why. I guess its just the effort in the defensive end, but there's really no reason why they can't be a top team if healthy.

Meanwhile the Kings are on their way to being the 2nd best team in Cali. Who knew?

Jimmy Butler the type of guy to bump Jonas Brothers in pregame warmups then proceed to drop 30 on you. All while playing elite perimeter defense.

Teams like the Bulls and Grizz with that rugged defense are showing out right now teams dont wanna face them.
This has been true for many years under "Thibs" and Hollins (now Joerger). Chicago and Memphis grind, out-hustle opponents by making the game ugly and low-scoring. You work for everything against the Bulls and Grizz.

was @ChampCruThik
 the photographer? 
It's called artistic creativity. Thank you very much.

Snell is in my Aminu, Mirotic, Len (previous to the last 2 games), Henson category. Not enough minutes, talent being squandered.

DeAndre Jordan is overrated as a defender IMO.
Preach. Much prefer "RoLo" at a cheaper price. Overvalued defense because of the highlight reel, extremely limited offensively. Not liking his next contract for whatever team offers him Bynum's Bank of America.

i feel like the Clippers are missing a good shooting guard or small forward

The guy doesn't have to be an All-Star, he just needs to be able to shoot, defend and score 15 PPG

JJ Redick, Matt Barnes and Jamal Crawford probably won't get it done

i feel like the Clippers are missing a good shooting guard or small forward

The guy doesn't have to be an All-Star, he just needs to be able to shoot, defend and score 15 PPG

JJ Redick, Matt Barnes and Jamal Crawford probably won't get it done

i know jalen just made it up but crawford for tony allen hepls both teams out a lot even tho memphis would need someone to step up the d a lot during the playoffs to not get bounced rd 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom