The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think CP3 will eventually ask for a trade if the Clippers continue to struggle?

no man. i dont think him nor blake would. doesnt seem like they'd have the balls to. plus they like the bright lights. where would they even go?

You guys think CP3 will eventually ask for a trade if the Clippers continue to struggle?

And go where? All the other contending teams already have PGs.

I guess you could argue that Cleveland might bet better with CP than Kyrie, but given their ages, I don't think that would be a smart trade for the Cavs to make (unless LeBron was really pushing for it).

Last edited:

Wasn't Durant going at Howard calling him a *****? 
roll.gif
kobe,kd,lamarcus...trust that this list will extend not end
laugh.gif
Don't forget this epicness.

dwight-howard-damian-lillard-embrace.jpg
vid?
nerd.gif
dont remember this
I don't think there is any video of it, but it was right after he hit the game winner that sent Houston home. 

Wasn't Durant going at Howard calling him a *****? :rofl:
kobe,kd,lamarcus...trust that this list will extend not end :lol:

Don't forget this epicness.

dwight-howard-damian-lillard-embrace.jpg

vid? :nerd: dont remember this

I don't think there is any video of it, but it was right after he hit the game winner that sent Houston home. 

word?????? so he killed them ******, then stood over there limp bodies like that?? looks like dwight tryna give humble props and dame like fuuuuuuuuuuuu

I hope the Grizz are brave enough to throw money at Jimmy this offseason. I think he's the perfect fit for this team and I just don't see the Bulls - Jimmy agreeing on a contract.

FA targets:
Draymond
Jimmy
Thad
LONG SHOT - Kawhi

About time this ungrateful city pays tribute to the greatest player to ever don the uniform. I'll be there in Grizzlies gear rooting him on :pimp:

http://probballreport.com/vince-carter-to-be-honored-by-raptors-on-wednesday/

Vince Carter To Be Honored By Raptors On Wednesday
Leave a reply

As part of the Toronto Raptors 20th Anniversary Season celebrations, the team will honor former All-Star and one-time franchise player Vince Carter after the first quarter of the game between the Raptors and Grizzlies on Wednesday.

The 37-year-old Carter played for Toronto between 1998 and 2004. He won the Rookie-of-the-Year with the Raptors and made four of his eight All-Star appearances with the team. Carter was instrumental in taking the expansion franchise Raptors to the postseason for the first time in 2000 and kept them there for three seasons in a row. The only time Toronto has appeared back-to-back-to-back in the playoffs.

Famous for his dramatic finishes in the NBA Slam Dunk competition and nightly highlight reel performances during the season, Carter put the Raptors in the NBA spotlight and forced US National TV coverage on a team they would rather have not acknowledged.

However, the team, Carter and the fans parted company on very bad terms that have only recently begun to be forgotten. Carter averaged 15.9 points and 41.1 percent shooting from the field in his final 20 games with the Raptors in 2004-2005 as the player that finished second in NBA scoring in 1999-2000 forced a trade that sent the Raptors back into the NBA wilderness.

Carter continued to have huge seasons with the Nets after leaving Toronto and made 4 more All-Star appearances that only served to deepen the wound felt by many Toronto fans at the time.

While tribute to the player that put Toronto on the NBA map during the team’s 20th Anniversary celebrations is appropriate, Carter’s career is by no means about to end. Carter signed a new $12 million three-year deal with the Grizzlies in July and is still a very productive player off the bench.

Carter is not as good as he once was, but given a chance, he can be good once as he ever was.

How the crowd in Toronto reacts to Wednesday night’s tribute will be interesting to witness. Fortunately, after a decade away, a lot of the hurt caused by Carter’s ugly departure has subsided.

Stephen_Brotherston_insideStephen Brotherston covers the Toronto Raptors and visiting NBA teams at the Air Canada Centre and is a member of the Professional Basketball Writers Association.

I hope the Grizz are brave enough to throw money at Jimmy this offseason. I think he's the perfect fit for this team and I just don't see the Bulls - Jimmy agreeing on a contract.

FA targets:
Draymond
Jimmy
Thad
LONG SHOT - Kawhi
If Bulls let Jimmy walk Thibbs will walk 
laugh.gif

But them dudes you listed are Memphis style players fo sho

FA targets:
Draymond
Jimmy
Thad
LONG SHOT - Kawhi
Jimmy on Memphis would be nasty.

FA targets:
Draymond
Jimmy
Thad
LONG SHOT - Kawhi

im not even gonna take this seriously Jimmy is gonna be a bull for life bro

FA targets:

Draymond

Jimmy

Thad

LONG SHOT - Kawhi
If Bulls let Jimmy walk Thibbs will walk :lol:

But them dudes you listed are Memphis style players fo sho

if the bulls let jimmy walk, its because they're going to to thibs go.

if it is in memphis's plan to go after jimmy, then they definitely should try and flip TA now for crawford. get that extra scoring for cheap and a great defender in jimmy. That teamw would be so legit it wouldnt even be funny.

About time this ungrateful city pays tribute to the greatest player to ever don the uniform. I'll be there in Grizzlies gear rooting him on :pimp:

http://probballreport.com/vince-carter-to-be-honored-by-raptors-on-wednesday/

Vince Carter To Be Honored By Raptors On Wednesday
Leave a reply

As part of the Toronto Raptors 20th Anniversary Season celebrations, the team will honor former All-Star and one-time franchise player Vince Carter after the first quarter of the game between the Raptors and Grizzlies on Wednesday.

The 37-year-old Carter played for Toronto between 1998 and 2004. He won the Rookie-of-the-Year with the Raptors and made four of his eight All-Star appearances with the team. Carter was instrumental in taking the expansion franchise Raptors to the postseason for the first time in 2000 and kept them there for three seasons in a row. The only time Toronto has appeared back-to-back-to-back in the playoffs.

Famous for his dramatic finishes in the NBA Slam Dunk competition and nightly highlight reel performances during the season, Carter put the Raptors in the NBA spotlight and forced US National TV coverage on a team they would rather have not acknowledged.

However, the team, Carter and the fans parted company on very bad terms that have only recently begun to be forgotten. Carter averaged 15.9 points and 41.1 percent shooting from the field in his final 20 games with the Raptors in 2004-2005 as the player that finished second in NBA scoring in 1999-2000 forced a trade that sent the Raptors back into the NBA wilderness.

Carter continued to have huge seasons with the Nets after leaving Toronto and made 4 more All-Star appearances that only served to deepen the wound felt by many Toronto fans at the time.

While tribute to the player that put Toronto on the NBA map during the team’s 20th Anniversary celebrations is appropriate, Carter’s career is by no means about to end. Carter signed a new $12 million three-year deal with the Grizzlies in July and is still a very productive player off the bench.

Carter is not as good as he once was, but given a chance, he can be good once as he ever was.

How the crowd in Toronto reacts to Wednesday night’s tribute will be interesting to witness. Fortunately, after a decade away, a lot of the hurt caused by Carter’s ugly departure has subsided.

Stephen_Brotherston_insideStephen Brotherston covers the Toronto Raptors and visiting NBA teams at the Air Canada Centre and is a member of the Professional Basketball Writers Association.

Look im for forgiving Vince Carter as much as the next guy but lets not confuse ourselves here, the disgraceful manner in which he left deserved every bit of scorn he received here locally.

^^kobes tough AF...
Tough as hell on my girls..plus i make them challenge each other at everything.

Howard .... Dudes a clown.no one respects a clown.... Would love to see Howard get knocked out Keith closs style.......

FA targets:
Draymond
Jimmy
Thad
LONG SHOT - Kawhi

I wonder if we could have a shot at Kawhi if we got rid of DJ, Crawford (and maybe Reddick's) contracts? He is a SoCal kid after all.

FA targets:
Draymond
Jimmy
Thad
LONG SHOT - Kawhi

I wonder if we could have a shot at Kawhi if we got rid of DJ, Crawford (and maybe Reddick's) contracts? He is a SoCal kid after all.

doc has no game plan though. he's really not that good of a coach. Outside of a coach like pop or carlisle, i dont really think kawhi would blossom like that.

FA targets:
Draymond
Jimmy
Thad
LONG SHOT - Kawhi

kwow under doc would be ugly bro ...not good ugly either

doc has no game plan though. he's really not that good of a coach. Outside of a coach like pop or carlisle, i dont really think kawhi would blossom like that.

I think he has the talent to, but I honestly don't see him going anywhere. I'm sure he realizes how special the Spurs system and organization is. Plus, in the Pop-Buford era, I can't remember the Spurs losing any players they wanted to keep.

FA targets:
Draymond
Jimmy
Thad
LONG SHOT - Kawhi

Man, y'all would get that Chip with him undoubtedly.

Probably be a historically dominant defense as well.

Butler/Allen on the perimeter. :x :smh:

Dudes could score 70 a game and win comfortably.

Gary Payton on Dwight Howard: ‘I think he’s disliked by a lot of players’

Kobe Bryant had some unpleasant words for Dwight Howard on the court when the Lakers faced the Rockets earlier this season, and the animosity we saw was completely understandable.

Howard left the Lakers in free agency after famously clashing with Bryant from a personality standpoint — Bryant is the game’s fiercest competitor, while Howard … well, not quite as much.

It was no surprise, then, to see Bryant engage in some not-safe-for-work name-calling. But when one of the league’s nice guys in Kevin Durant was spotted doing the exact same thing recently, it was worth wondering just how many of the league’s stars share this negative opinion.

According to Gary Payton, it’s a very long list.

From Fox Sports Live (via Triangle Offense):

“I think he’s disliked by a lot of players,” Payton said. “What Dwight does is, you know you see all the smiles and all the antics, that is getting on player’s nerves. To get this guy, Kevin Durant, to do what he did, you know it’s starting to become a problem with players, because Kevin Durant doesn’t really talk to anybody … [Durant] goes at people that are fake with stuff. Only fake guys. Fake guys to me are when they’re always woofing, woofing, woofing, and they don’t really do nothing.”

LaMarcus Aldridge is at least one other player who has been seen using a certain p-word where Howard was concerned.

This is part of the reason the Lakers made the right decision by essentially choosing Bryant over Howard in free agency, despite the fact that it left the franchise in such a dismal state of affairs. Howard isn’t a face-of-the-franchise type of player; while he’s undoubtedly an All-Star talent, he doesn’t have the mindset to be the one leading a team by himself. And it appears as though several of his peers around the league realize that.
Is this the reason everyone was running to play with the Lakers this past off season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom