The 2014 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

I swear I still don't understand why the **** the Sixers would want Asik. Where the hell does he fit other than coming off the bench again? Noel ain't playing the 4.

Maybe the Sixers regret missing out on the Block Party with Noel and Davis?

what's going on with jimmer?

that's the guy i want if i'm houston.. let harden go to work and then he can have jimmer and parsons to kick it out to

Last edited:
I don't know why the Pistons are stalling on this Monroe thing.... That team as constructed can't keep him and they could get some pretty good assets for him. I think a trade involving him, Villinueva's expiring for Jeff Green & a pick would work out excellent for both teams.

Pistons lineup would be

Jennings
Stuckey
Green
Smith
Drummond

along with atleast two 1st picks in the upcoming draft.

How are they stalling, they want to keep him

Drummond and Monroe will go great together if they can get rid of Smith for a legit 3.

Theres a reason why we went after Iggy so we ened up signing Smith for the sake for signing someone.

I hope we dont get rid of Monroe and doubt we will. Hearing al kinds of things like we will match any offer for him next year.

pdate, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday
• Ken Berger, CBSSports.com: The Lakers and Mavericks are trying to assemble trade offers for prospective free agent Kevin Love, but thus far the Timberwolves have given no indication they’ll consider moving the All-Star forward by Thursday’s deadline, league sources told CBSSports.com.

• Michael Lee, Washington Post: The Washington Wizards have been mentioned in several trade rumors leading up to Thursday’s 3 p.m. deadline for deals, but there have been few hints to suggest that any moves will actually get made. … According to a league source with knowledge of the situation, the Wizards have expressed in interest in acquiring [Nuggets point guard Andre] Miller but have been unable to agree to a package that both sides are willing to accept. The main obstacle, the source said, is finding the salaries to match with the 37-year-old Miller, who earns $5.7 million this season.

• Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo Sports: The Sacramento Kings are engaged in discussions to send guard Marcus Thornton to the Brooklyn Nets for guard Jason Terry and forward Reggie Evans, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Talks on the deal have gathered momentum in recent days, sources told Yahoo Sports, and are expected to continue until Thursday’s trade deadline.

• Ken Berger, CBSSports.com: New Orleans has made Anthony Morrow available for a draft pick, league source says. Morrow has a $1.15M player option for next season.

• Sam Amick, USA Today Sports: With Minnesota in eternal pursuit of keeping Kevin Love, rival teams given impression that anybody but Love himself is up for discussion.

Is anybody gonna make a trade?
laugh.gif

the rockets been stacking chips, they got to make a move you would think?
everyone on sixers available except MCW, interesting to see what they can get for turner
i feel the w's are gonna make a minor move in bringing a backup pg or another big just in case. what is up with ezeli injury status has he been pushed back again?

Depending on how long Waiters is out (hyperextended knee tonight) I'm curious to see how the Cavs react and if they try to add someone.

Any truth to the Rondo to the Raps rumors?

I dont want reality to set in that Lowry is leaving over the summer...

we have nothing to trade for rondo.

not to mention that it would be dumb.

Agreed, Im not a fan of the rumors. Thats why I ask... Never been a big Rondo fan, always thought he was the product of having 3 stars around him, only natural he would look as good as he did.

And agreed. I like where things are going now, not to thrilled of breaking up a team thats going in the right direction. Straight up Rondo for Lowry wouldnt be a good idea for either team either, and wouldnt fly for the Celtics considering the state they are in right now.

I dont see it happening, but also quite curious as stranger things have happened...

:nerd:

Any truth to the Rondo to the Raps rumors?

I dont want reality to set in that Lowry is leaving over the summer...
Ive read a few sources say that he said he wouldnt sign a new contract with the Raptors or Kings if he was traded to them..

That pretty much leaves the Lakers and Rockets 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lebron to Portland? Heat are washed up after this year especially with D Wade's injuries. He could go for another 3 peat after this year with Dame and Lamarcus. Paul Allen could make the $ situation work 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Last edited:
• Marc Stein, ESPN.com: Most intriguing Sacramento-based deadline story is increasingly loud buzz out there that Isaiah Thomas is available in midst of career year. … Kings in tough spot [with Thomas] headed to restricted free agency. Of course … anyone trading for his big stat line/low salary faces same issues.

• Alex Kennedy Basketball Insiders: Rival executives believe the Lakers and Suns will resume trade talks, with Pau Gasol ultimately being traded to Phoenix. The executives believe Pau Gasol is the best player Phoenix can realistically get for Emeka Okafor’s insured, expiring contract.

• Scott Howard-Cooper, NBA.com: [F]or real intrigue before the trade deadline Thursday, for impact that could reverberate to the top half of conference standings, there is the West. More specifically, there is the Pacific Division. The Clippers continue to look for another piece, the Warriors are aggressive in good times and now come out of the All-Star break in a precarious position to just make the playoffs, and the Suns have the assets to make a move for now and the future. Meanwhile, one of the Pacific teams out of playoff contention, the Kings, are pursuing a third (or more) trade of the regular season, while another, the Lakers, are breaking up with Pau Gasol for about the 93rd time and will finally get a resolution one of these decades.

Back
Top Bottom