The 2014 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

@WojYahooNBA Lakers, Nets progressing on Jordan Hill deal, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Ownership showing willingness to take $17M hit.
@WojYahooNBA Lakers have been engaged in conversations elsewhere on Jordan Hill too, sources tell Yahoo Sports.
@ESPNSteinLine Hearing strong suggestions Nets now want to go ahead with proposed acquisition of Jordan Hill if Lakers still amenable despite huge BKN cost
@ESPNSteinLine Nets can take Jordan Hill into Disabled Player Exception for Brook Lopez. But Lakers, I'm told, talking to multiple teams about Hll trade

Anything. Late firsts, future firsts, extra seconds, whatever you guys would be willing to give up to make a title run this season. Clearly Pau wouldn't be in your long term plans, so we can't ask for the moon, I just want any sort of assets we can get.

I don't want him on our roster on Friday.

THIS. Thunder with Pau this year would definitely be the title favorites IMO. The upgrade over Perk would be tremendous.

@KBergCBS The Mavs, a possible free-agent destination for Luol Deng, have called the Cavs about a possible trade, league source says.
@KBergCBS Dallas, though, lacks the necessary assets to get Cleveland engaged in any serious talks.

Last edited:
Rondo and Harden would be fighting for the ball I would think?

And less shooting on the court may not work out too well.

But Rondo-Dwight P&R would be a *****.

@KBergCBS The Mavs, a possible free-agent destination for Luol Deng, have called the Cavs about a possible trade, league source says.
@KBergCBS Dallas, though, lacks the necessary assets to get Cleveland engaged in any serious talks.
What could the Cavs want for a guy that has 0 desire to be there? Just flip him to Dallas for a couple of draft picks and call it a day. You gave up nothing to get duke.

Rockets need a PG that can stretch the floor. Don't think a ball-dominant PG like Rondo can co-exist with Harden. Rondo-Howard combo would be sick though. I would imagine Ainge asking for a package like this:

Rondo, Green for Parsons, Lin, Asik, Jones, 2014 first.

Rondo would make life a lot easier for harden, getting him better cleaner looks without having to do as much work

Rockets need a PG that can stretch the floor. Don't think a ball-dominant PG like Rondo can co-exist with Harden. Rondo-Howard combo would be sick though. I would imagine Ainge asking for a package like this:

You're out of your mind :rofl:

Parsons... AND Jones... AND A FIRST?!?

Last edited:
I would definitely take Rondo and Green over Lin, Parsons, Jones and a 1st. I think Parsons and Jones are good players, but I think Houston gets the two better players in the deal.

You're out of your mind
roll.gif

Parsons... AND Jones... AND A FIRST?!?
I don't even think the Celtics would take that. Green and Parsons are on the same level. Rocket's first is basically a second rounder, y'all get a huge upgrade at PG, Asik doesn't even play, and Jones is nice, but he's not a centerpiece or anything. If anything, the Celtics get the short end of the stick here. 

Houston would not give this up for that package.

Green and Parsons are on the same level.
No they're not.

I would definitely take Rondo and Green over Lin, Parsons, Jones and a 1st. I think Parsons and Jones are good players, but I think Houston gets the two better players in the deal.
Being able to pay Parson on an insanely cheap deal for another year, no GM is turning that deal down for a PG that can't stretch the floor one bit. 

parsons makes under a mill this season and next..

jeff green over the next 3 seasons: $8,700,000.. $9,200,000.. $9,200,000 (player option)

I have to say this

if their is any sort of blanket statement you can take away from looking at basketball analytics as much as I have;

It is INCREDIBLY difficult to have an elite offence if your point guard can't shoot threes.

Like really really difficult.

So if you want Rondo, you have to hope he's an exception.

I don't think he is.

Last edited:
Is Rondo playing in back to back games yet?

Rockets would be crazy to give up Parsons, Jones, Lin, & 1st round pick for Rondo and Green

Back
Top Bottom