The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

The OKC model will be damn near impossible to duplicate.

Look at Orlando as an example.. OKC had similar picks and ended up with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden, 3 all-stars/MVP candidates... then hit on Ibaka later on. By comparison, Orlando ended up with Aaron Gordon, Oladipo, traded for Payton, and might end up with WCS or someone like Mario. Potentially a great haul a few years down the line, but does anyone believe those guys will be an MVP? Or all three will be consistent all-stars/first team all-nba players?

The OKC model is "Be awful enough to get a franchise changing talent, but awful enough to STILL get a couple more top 5 picks, and then hit on all of those picks". It's not a model you want to follow. People see "young, talented" kids and assume they'll all develop into all-stars and they just won't. 

What OKC did isn't a model you can follow, it's a very rare combination of great evaluation, luck (Portland picking Oden over Durant), and player's reaching their full potential. 

You say it won't work but keeping Martin/Pek/Rubio will?

There's a lot of money tied up in between those guys who are not bringing you any wins anyway.

I'd rather take a chance and develop young talent while adding all the guys in FA over the next two years.

You say it won't work but keeping Martin/Pek/Rubio will?

There's a lot of money tied up in between those guys who are not bringing you any wins anyway.

I'd rather take a chance and develop young talent while adding all the guys in FA over the next two years.

not sure what Pk and Martin have to do with Rubio.

Rubio is young, he;'s good at basketball he's at his lowest point interms of value there is zero upside in trading him.

He's good at passing, he's one of the worst shooting players to ever play in the NBA though,

I'll take my chances on a point guard who can't pass as well but shoots better than 35% from the field.

He's 4 years in and hasn't improved any part of his game.

Once again, show me the successful teams with PG's who shoot that terribly.

Last edited:
He's good at passing, he's one of the worst shooting players to ever play in the NBA though,

I'll take my chances on a point guard who can't pass as well but shoots better than 35% from the field.

He's 4 years in and hasn't improved any part of his game.

Once again, show me the successful teams with PG's who shoot that terribly.

1. You are acting like the wolves are an upgrade at PG away from winning a ring.

2. Take your chances on who exactly?

The year he played 82 games the wolves had a top 10 offense and top 15 defense your acting like he's never been good in the NBA.

unless you draft Emanuel mudaiy (who can't shoot either) no reason to move him let alone for a guy like Brandon Knight, who can't play PG and wants max money,

Last edited:
I just said, I would take Knight over Rubio.

Way better shooter, same level defender, same age, same money and actually has improved every year.

He can't play PG? Played pretty well on the Bucks before being traded, he's worse as a SG.

Last edited:
were just going to have to agree to disagree. I think he low key isn't good

every team Brandon Knight has ever been on performed worse when he was on the court, also there isn't any evidence he's even a good defender let alone as good as Rubio who has tracked from good to excellent when he's healthy.

empty calorie box score stats

Last edited:
prob comes down to what you need from your team. if you have a guy like lebron, i may lean knight. if i need a true 1 and have good shooters, ill lean rubio.

I think a ton of people have and were saying from the beginning of last season exactly what the twolves should have done this season

With all those non very young guys, you are looking at what you could get in trades from contenders up to the deadline..

Hell if I remember correctly they outright bought out or cut jj barea, they didn't have to make that move that early.. You let things play out a bit with other teams, especially the mavs or Spurs.. And if you can't get a 2nd or something, then you make that move

But you're letting Lavine, wiggins and deing grow.. Anyone else can be had for the right price

prob comes down to what you need from your team. if you have a guy like lebron, i may lean knight. if i need a true 1 and have good shooters, ill lean rubio.

With LeBron being an elite passer, Kyrie's skillset would seem to mesh perfectly. But I wonder if LeBron goes his entire career without an upper-echelon pass-first PG who's in his prime when the two cross timelines. It's all about timing and elite PGs of that style are fleeting it seems, but it'd be interesting to see LBJ with that at least once before he's exited his prime completely.

Last edited:
I have no problems the way New Orleans did it.

Once a team gets a franchise changing player that team is on the clock from day 1 to put the best team around that player.

LOL. An overpay for Tyreke and then trading for a mid-tier PG losing two lotto picks was not smart. Demps is an idiot. Don't think that they succeeded in putting the best team around him.

Future Knick 
nthat.gif

"He could go two" 
roll.gif

"I'd take him ahead of Okafor"

-GM who is praying that Okafor or Towns somehow falls to him

roll.gif

Last edited:
I mean, top 10, sure

Buddy went all in by saying he could go #2

Might as well have flat out said "this isn't a smoke screen at all but he could go #2"

Trez goofed on not wearing Proper shoes for his measurements
I don't think it matters. He's obviously undersized for the 4 spot. His wingspan and standing reach are whats important. 

Last edited:
Best of luck to fours like him in the modern NBA.

He's most impacted by the evolution of the game.

Best of luck to fours like him in the modern NBA.

He's most impacted by the evolution of the game.

For sure, I feel like teams woulda been all over him a couple years ago when you had guys like Stromile Swift, Tyrus Thomas, Hakim Warrick.

were just going to have to agree to disagree. I think he low key isn't good

every team Brandon Knight has ever been on performed worse when he was on the court, also there isn't any evidence he's even a good defender let alone as good as Rubio who has tracked from good to excellent when he's healthy.

empty calorie box score stats

You really gonna say the Bucks didn't perform better with him on the floor when he was without a doubt their best player? :lol:

Alright man, Bucks were one of the best defenses with him out there.

Nobody could've made those Pistons teams he played on better, stop it.

Last edited:
Some of these internationals are pretty intriguing

George De Paula and Timothe Luwawu in particular. Might sneak into the first round perhaps? 

At this point I'd say F it and take Dakari Johnson if I'm in the late 20's. Came into the combine with a higher body fat % but I'd take a chance. Use him as a 3rd big man

Dakari Johnson gives me a Kendrick Perkins vibe, he definitely improved his game at UK though.

He was :x when he first got there.

Back
Top Bottom