The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

Knicks should've sent Emmy Rossum
mean.gif

i still can't believe JP Tokoto declared for the draft
looking like trash out there?

Jerry Zgoda @JerryZgoda 1m
Wolves are interviewing prospects by asking "How many pennies in are in one million dollars" like they've done in the past. UNLV's Wood: "I know it's 100 million, but it took me awhile"

Anxiety overcoming mathematical skills for many I'd assume :lol:

I'd play KAT at the 4 and Dieng at the 5.

Trade Rubio/Pekovic/2nd rounder for another shooter and let LaVine continue to learn on the job.

Not on board with trading Rubio, who is miles ahead of Zach LaVine at taking care of possessions, on-ball defense and team defense/rotating over. Only 24 years old too. Don't think the best approach for curating the mammoth potential of both Wiggins and Towns would be to have 19-year-old LaVine in charge of the offense.

For sure I'm getting rid of Martin too.

Try to sign Middleton if I can and keep monstrous room for 2016 FA's.

With a few good moves, the Wolves could set up something similar to what OKC had in the early years, lots of young talent on rookie deals.

I would definitely be interested in Khris Middleton. Don't think Kevin Martin should be on his way out at this point, considering the lack of scorers/shooters on the roster. He has glaring faults and his contract is bad, but the contract will pick up value as time passes and his defensive liabilities can complemented by Rubio/Wiggins alongside of him as he can focus on defense. There has to be balance, meaning Martin will have to do for now.

Might as well give Martin away too. Dudes been taking up way too many shot attempts and don't you dare bring back Gary Neal

You like Neal or don't, can't tell by that. :lol:

I don't like Neal 
laugh.gif
 might as well let Wiggins or LaVine take contested jumpers early in the shot clock or off offensive rebounds

All Martin does is take shots away from Wiggins and mess up the flow and it's basically playing 4 on 5 on defense.

I really like Rubio but he has so many glaring faults, super injury prone and cannot shoot from anywhere.

He was a good defender but he never showed that at all this season and he's continuely banged up.

I'd trade him and somehow try to get Brandon Knight.

Last edited:
Rozier just threw one down from the dotted circle... :x

--------

@EthanJSkolnick: Frank Kaminsky was just asked if he views himself as "the great white hope."

:stoneface:

Last edited:
.... about Rubio and "super injury prone"

Played all 82 games in 2013-14, and would have undoubtedly came back for the end of this season if not for Flip Saunders' well-documented 'Please sit and take it easy until you're absolutely, unequivocally 100 percent."

... about Rubio's "so many glaring faults": he can't shoot period, no doubt about that. Injury-prone is a cop-out weakness, can be interpreted differently depending on who is using it to fit their argument.

Brandon Knight, though? :\ Leaving out what in all probability will be a bloated price tag...

Knight shot 31% from three after joining Phoenix, where he played 68% SG and 32% PG (he had played 89% or more from the point position every year while in Detroit and Milwaukee, but when taken off the ball when joining Phoenix he struggled mightily, shooting 31% from three.

So either he plays PG where he can get into a groove from three where Wiggins' shots that you want up are sacrificed, or he plays out on the wing where he can't shoot efficiently or defend bigger guards. In one scenario he contradicts giving Wiggins more shots, and in the other scenario it doesn't make sense at all.

Last edited:

how would he work as an NBA SG?

someone wanna help out with that info.. please.. I don't watch college ball, so playing catch up with this stuff
He can guard either the 2 or 3 but offensively he's just not there yet. However, pair him with someone like KD and who knows, it might work

Brandon Knight is on my list of players that secretly hurt your team, him and Kevin Martin, Jeff Green. He's a 6th man IMO.

Guys like Cameron Payne and Tyus Jones are wasting a really good opportunity to rise in the draft, they aren't workout guys, they don't have physical tools, but 5 ON 5 they would have dominated and reminded people why they are elite.

I think Tyus Jones should be well ahead of his current position, but he needs to be doing himself favors. Control what you can control. Agreed.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress ·
A lot of guys really helping themselves today. Amazing what a little 5 on 5 can do to remind you of what players do well. Novel concept!

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress · What's interesting about this draft is that the 20-30 part is absolutely wide open. I could see multiple guys from the "5 on 5" sneaking in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom