THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesnt.

Being good enough means you belong to the 1% of people who aspire to play professionally and actually do.

To put it in simple terms, its difficult to become "good enough".

Put it this way. NT has a lot of smart dudes. I'm sure yall remember doing something like getting straight a's, making the honor roll or graduating high school and your family acting all excited and you're just like....what's the big deal? Same thing when you're dunking in 6th grade. 90% of these dudes are just born to play in the league, athletically and physically gifted. They've been bigger taller faster stronger more coordinated etc than all their peers their whole lives including up to the collegiate level. Going pro is just a natural transition. Most of these dudes don't see any true competition on a regular basis until they hit the majors.

Now being elite amongst the elite, THAT'S an accomplishment

Last edited:
I'd rather have Rubio over Dame. I just believe this team with length and athletic works better with Rubio's passing.

This *****

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell  47s47 seconds ago
Was told Timberwolves explored trade options. It's dead.

"We will trade you Pek, Kevin Martin and Shabazz for Dame"

If I'm twolves, everyone is available outside of wiggins and towns.. And Lavine is next on that list

If whatever else gets them dame, they should do it in a heartbeat

Put it this way. NT has a lot of smart dudes. I'm sure yall remember doing something like getting straight a's, making the honor roll or graduating high school and your family acting all excited and you're just like....what's the big deal? Same thing when you're dunking in 6th grade. 90% of these dudes are just born to play in the league, athletically and physically gifted. They've been bigger taller faster stronger more coordinated etc than all their peers their whole lives including up to the collegiate level. Going pro is just a natural transition.

Now being elite amongst the elite, THAT'S an accomplishment

You are severely undervaluing how difficult it is to play in the NBA. You're also not understanding the amount of people who are trying to get to that level.

The grade analogy was awful. There isn't a cap on how many people can make straight a's. Obviously, there are a limited amount of opportunities to make an NBA roster.

The majority of those "no names" that flood summer league were at one point "taller, faster, and stronger" than their peers. Making the NBA is a long shot. Nobody is just born with professional ability. Professional athletes have put in a tremendous amount of work in their development to get to that level. That goes for any sport.

You need to go watch hoop dreams or something

I've always been of the mind that if you're good enough it's really not that difficult. I know it sounds silly but when you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Not even g.

There's only 480 spots in the NBA or so. I can guarantee you that there are more than that (far more) who are good enough to play in the NBA. Off of pure probability it's silly to assume that if you are good enough to go league that it "really is not that difficult."

Last edited:
I think yall are overestimating how many athletes are truly elite. Just because you are chasing the dream and putting in work doesn't mean you are really that good

Last edited:
these kids are raw. kids are in middle school hooping like this bruh. MIDDLE SCHOOL. the future.

EJ looks old af in the thumbnail, he's like 13 lmao

Last edited:
these kids are raw. kids are in middle school hooping like this bruh. MIDDLE SCHOOL. the future.

EJ looks old af in the thumbnail, he's like 13 lmao

What the helllll. I'm gonna need some proof that Balsa Koprivicha dude is really like 13 :lol: there's no way

I've always been of the mind that if you're good enough it's really not that difficult. I know it sounds silly but when you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Not even g.

There's only 480 spots in the NBA or so. I can guarantee you that there are more than that (far more) who are good enough to play in the NBA. Off of pure probability it's silly to assume that if you are good enough to go league that it "really is not that difficult."
i dont think anyone is saying NBA players are not good at basketball, its that they are not good at basketball compared to other nba players which is true

you are judged with your fellow professional basketball players, not random NTer #252

there are very good basketball players that struggle to find a roster spot, but compared to average nba players, they are bad.

if you have natural talent and natural work ethic like lebron or kobe making the league is really not that difficult which is why they are playing for championships and MVPs

its all about perspective when someone is called a scrub 

i dont think anyone is saying NBA players are not good at basketball, its that they are not good at basketball compared to other nba players which is true

you are judged with your fellow professional basketball players, not random NTer #252

there are very good basketball players that struggle to find a roster spot, but compared to average nba players, they are bad.

if you have natural talent and natural work ethic like lebron or kobe making the league is really not that difficult which is why they are playing for championships and MVPs

its all about perspective when someone is called a scrub 

Well yeah if you if you have natural work ethic and talent like Lebron making the league isn't difficult :rofl:

When we talk about making the NBA at least when I mention that, I'm not speaking about the elite of the NBA. They are literally the elite of the world in their profession. Most of the NBA is made up of players who are not that. They are made up of players who are good enough to be NBA Players, but also found some good fortune along the way.

I saw matthew dellevadova at Saint Mary's. My ex went to saint mary's when he was there. Trust me when I tell you that there are guys in the pac 12 this year who went undrafted that are better than matthew.. That's not a knock on him but rather how fortuitous making the NBA can get when you don't have clear cut elite talent and athleticism

When you get to the fringe of that 480 number, then it becomes a numbers game and opportunity plays as much of a factor as your actual ability. When I say there are far more than 480 NBA players I don't mean all stars or even rotation players I'm referring to fringe guys. Guys who are good enough to be NBA players but not good enough to get there on there talent alone because it isn't overwhelming enough and in that respect, there are plenty of hoopers like that.

Last edited:
dude was acting like just getting drafted is an achievement, thats just bragging rights, what have you proved?

its like getting a record deal but the label never giving you an album date

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom