THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't really into ball at an early age but damn I got mad respect for muggsy bogues. Was he a good player? What did he excel at? I'm truly amazed dude was 5'3 playing in the pros

Isn't TT still technically under contract?
He is not under contract. He has until Thursday to either agree to a new contract extension or agree to the one year qualifying offer at 6 million

Both sides can also agree to extend the time frame period to come up with a new contract

So technically he will not be fined for missing practices or media day

Last edited:
Hope he can make a career for himsef in his hometown, would be a great story.

Agree.
I see. He was built. What was atypical game for him like? Did he shoot often or strictly drove to basket? How was his defense?

I know I could watch YT videos but that doesn't give you the whole story

From what I recall, Mugsy was good, not great. (or maybe he was as good as a 5'3" guy playing in the NBA could be). Was a very traditional point guard. Didn't shoot much. Just ran the offense, got the ball to the scorers and tried to not turn it over much. Shot only when he had to. He could get to the basket because of his quickness, but usually ended up dishing off. Not flashy at all. Just used his speed, quickness and strength.

He was solid on defense. A good steal guy from what I recall. Did not get bullied in the post too much because of his strength, even thought he was often giving up a foot or more to the people he was guarding.

All things considered, he was a pretty remarkable player. To have a decade long career in the NBA at his height is pretty amazing.

They cut to lebron soon as he took a foot in the door lol

President could have been assasinated and they would have cut to lebron :lol:

604548-muggsy-bogues.jpg

Squad back together 
embarassed.gif

CQAbEYBUsAAoYWW.jpg

Doug Christie looks like he could still play some ball.  Bobby Jackson is on the Chris Paul diet

Shane Young ‏@YoungNBA · 3h3 hours ago
Paul George: "I think we have a good shot at being in the Top 3 of the East."

Between that pic and the PG quote, I can only conclude that they're passing some good stuff around at Pacers training camp.
to be fair, anyone can be top 3 in the East.  There are 2 open spots in there.  Look at the Hawks coming out of nowhere to be top of the East last year

Bandwagon aldridge....

Something tells me one of the key spurs players gonna go down with a serious injury. Always happens on loaded teams

Bibby would 2 piece combo that big gut of his and have him flying around like a busted blimp in a tom and jerry cartoon

Jeff Green wants to start (basically means he's starting becasue I don't see him saying that if Joerger had him marked as a bench player). Barnes also wants to play some stretch 4 this year. Beno is not healthy enough to play in games, yet, so hopefully this opens things up for Russ Smith.

I see the rotation starting the season being..

Conley / Lee / Green / Randolph / Gasol
Smith / Allen / Carter / Barnes / Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom