THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grizz pissing me off.

They know damn well we need a perimeter upgrade, yet it seems like the team will be content with the current roster going into the season. The roster as is will always be good enough to be top 4-5 in the West, but teams will smarten up in the playoffs and expose our shooting AGAIN.
eyes.gif
Adding Barnes and Wright is cool, but the window is smaller and smaller each year. We've been looking for shooting since 2011
laugh.gif
...I was afraid you guys would s/t Koufos for JJ Redick...

can't believe I'm sitting here getting excited/anxious for a Jeremy Lin to the Mavs transaction....

life coming at me fast

Last edited:
...I was afraid you guys would s/t Koufos for JJ Redick...

I think they were trying to do that, but LAC was probably throwing Crawford at us and we did not want :lol: . Hopefully, Gallinari is still in the mix and we can acquire him.

Grizz should've blown it up already. Same damn team for how long already. They definitely have reached they ceiling. I understand not every team is trying to win a championship tho

If you've been a top 4-5 team in the West consistently over the last 3-4 years, there is truly no need to "blow it up" :lol: . Its not the roster fault the front office is incompetent and not trying to add more perimeter scoring after all these years. Its still crazy to me how we can win 50+ games every year without adequate shooting. But, I fail to believe the front office is THAT stupid to not realize the need for it after the last 4-5 years. Considering one of the better teams in the West got worse (LAC) this offseason, it makes things even better. There will always be favorites to win it, but like we've saw in previous years, injuries happen. You never know what the season/playoffs hold. The last 2 years, the Vegas favorites prior to the season haven't even won the title. :lol:

The only logical thing I can think of is they believe VC will be healthy next season (led the league in 3PM off the bench his last year in DAL) and they truly believe in Jordan Adams being a scorer / shooter off the bench.

I'm not tipping for bad service, what the hell :lol:. Defeats the purpose

I tip in most situations, but one thing that does irk me is when a hotel bellman pretty much grabs my bag out of a car/cab without asking and then expects a tip for bringing it into the lobby. I tip, but not happily.

I need VC to get back to his 2013-14 ways.

146 3PM
39% 3PT
12ppg in 24mpg

Coaching staff need to trust Adams as well. He can light it up and get to the line with ease. I hope Joerger doesn't plan on playing the all-time oldest wing rotation in the NBA (Barnes, TA, VC).

I think they were trying to do that, but LAC was probably throwing Crawford at us and we did not want
laugh.gif
. Hopefully, Gallinari is still in the mix and we can acquire him.
If you've been a top 4-5 team in the West consistently over the last 3-4 years, there is truly no need to "blow it up"
laugh.gif
. Its not the roster fault the front office is incompetent and not trying to add more perimeter scoring after all these years. Its still crazy to me how we can win 50+ games every year without adequate shooting. But, I fail to believe the front office is THAT stupid to not realize the need for it after the last 4-5 years. Considering one of the better teams in the West got worse (LAC) this offseason, it makes things even better. There will always be favorites to win it, but like we've saw in previous years, injuries happen. You never know what the season/playoffs hold. The last 2 years, the Vegas favorites prior to the season haven't even won the title.
laugh.gif

The only logical thing I can think of is they believe VC will be healthy next season (led the league in 3PM off the bench his last year in DAL) and they truly believe in Jordan Adams being a scorer / shooter off the bench.
i disagree with this , just isnt a championship quality team and i dont think they will get any better with this core but okay. as i stated i understand its not every teams goal to win a championship

Last edited:
Grizzlies just need some small tweaks, like bhz noted they've been lacking shooters forever.

They even hired Hollinger & still haven't addressed that.

Grizzlies goal is obviously to win a title. It's not exactly easy to win in the west. They are a couple of pieces away from contending

You can't microwave yourself into a title run in the west

Grizzlies goal is obviously to win a title. It's not exactly easy to win in the west. They are a couple of pieces away from contending

You can't microwave yourself into a title run in the west

Yea but they've had years to upgrade that position, this is pretty much the same team they've had the last 3-4 years.

mo-gotti posts...pure comedy :lol:

thundercats story was too funny, never read that before :rofl:

can't believe i read jamario moon's name today

The Grizz core pieces are good enough. Its the other pieces that either need to improve or the FO needs to acquire to take them over the top. You have an elite level PG, an elite center, 1st team All NBA defender and Zbo (while old) still very effective and causes double teams. Adding more athleticism in Wright was a good sign, but when you start looking at the makeup of the rest of the squad...

Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Beno Udrih
Vince Carter
Matt Barnes

That's not going to fly come playoff time unless Green plays his *** off in his contract year. When you're a team that relies on multiple guys to contribute, you need better depth. Like I said, they will win 50+ games easily next season barring injury, but the elite teams always end up smartening up and taking away the paint in the playoffs to mess up any shot of us contending. FIX. IT.

Lost last year because GSW basically played 5 on 4 because we lacked shooting + TA/Conley were about 60%.
Lost against OKC because we lacked depth/shooting + Zbo suspended in Game 7
Lost in the WCF because we lacked depth and shooting. Spurs used the same strategy GSW did when defending the paint

Its getting old bruh :lol: . Fix the damn perimeter before the core guys get a little too old and they will definitely not be contending once teams like the Pelicans, Jazz, TWolves develop.

Last edited:
Yea but they've had years to upgrade that position, this is pretty much the same team they've had the last 3-4 years.
exactly . you are not trying to win a title when you do nearly nothing to improve. i agree to disagree with people who think otherwise. 

Last edited:
They need someone who can help Conley out. He basically does too much and can never take a break. Most elite teams have at least 2 playmakers and we only have 1. Not to mention, he doesn't have enough adequate shooting on the perimeter to make his playmaking abilities more lethal.

Getting Jeff Green midseason was a nice try and at least attempting to improve the perimeter. It actually worked out during the season when he was first acquired. The team started to fall off after TA and Conley got injured later in the season. But, I just don't think Green can get it done. He was dealing with back spasms in the playoffs, but he was so poor that it made me miss Tayshaun Prince.

Last edited:
Somebody took a picture of Shawn Marion in Texas and posted it on his FaceBook few days ago.

skzsxg.jpg

He wasn't sure if it's Shawn Marion or not. The guy was driving over 100 mph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom