THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
kobe was a lockdown defender in the early 2000s. way better then lj and he didnt need the ref assistance to be a good defender. not a stan at all. it is what it is. kobe didnt deserve his last couple of all nba d awards. ive always admitted that.  kobe my fav player ever but a stan i am not. 

lj a very overrated defender. easy to play d when you are allowed to hammer people without getting called for fouls. dude once went two weeks without getting called for a foul. 
Yep Lebby seems to get every call and then when he finally gets a call on him he has the audacity to complain afterwards. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Kwahi Leonard

Jimmy Butler

Tony Allen

Those 3 are better than Lebron James on defense.. 1 on 1 defense. 

Lebron may be better than all 3 on HELP Defense. 

defend the best player on defense?

steph curry played more defense in the finals than lebron

and the minutes he played wasnt anything special either 
Nothing special? He played like 46 minutes a game.
lebron 2015 nba finals - 45.7 minutes per game

duncan 1999 nba finals - 45.8 minutes per game

payton 1996 nba finals - 45.7 minutes per game

hakeem 1995 nba finals - 44.8 minutes per game

jordan 1993 nba finals - 45.7 minutes per game

kobe 2004 nba finals - 46.2 minutes per game

kobe 2001 nba finals - 46.8 minutes per game

seems like its only brought up as an excuse when poor little baby bron has to deal with it 

lebron 2015 nba finals - 45.7 minutes per game

duncan 1999 nba finals - 45.8 minutes per game

payton 1996 nba finals - 45.7 minutes per game

hakeem 1995 nba finals - 44.8 minutes per game

jordan 1993 nba finals - 45.7 minutes per game

kobe 2004 nba finals - 46.2 minutes per game

kobe 2001 nba finals - 46.8 minutes per game

seems like its only brought up as an excuse when poor little baby bron has to deal with it 
like i said . excuses for lj. one of the best athletes in the world got tired
laugh.gif

excuses .sounds just like peyton manning fans. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I didn't get to watch Malone play, but just found out he averaged 25 and 10 over 19 seasons and the only times he DIDN'T average at least 20 PPG was his first and last seasons. Dude was still averaging double doubles in his late 30s.

Why isn't he talked about more in top 5 PF discussions? Is it really just about the rings?

Because overrating Duncan became the cool thing to do.

Those 3 are also better than Kobe (at anytime in his career) on D as well. What's your point?
Don't get me mistaken for those who are talking about Kobe, i'm not.. 

My point is, Lebron isn't an all time defender like how many of his fans point him out to be. 

lebron has never been a great 1 on 1 defender though. He's always been overrated. Always. And the fact he's able to get away with so much contact only fuels it. He's a much better help defender/ peg in a team defensive scheme.

people only think lebron is a good defender because of that he can guard all 5 positions bs

he couldnt even guard draymond green in the post and went out of his way to avoid having to guard steph 

dude is more scared of getting his ankles broken and his reputation destroyed than doing whats best for the team 

I remember prime Lebron playing pretty good defense on Rose, Parker and Gasol..Theres probably more

Whatever Lebron supposedly gives up in lockdown defense to Kobe he probably makes up in his versatility to guard more positions than Kobe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom