the 7 day theory vs it was written vs reasonable doubt

7DT for me. The aggression and grittiness in Pac's voice and lyrics > dude was on a mission to lyrically murk anyone who had a problem.

RD is the GOAT rap album of all time.

But the other two are also great albums.
View media item 682512

artworks-000055380686-9o6afl-original.jpg

For those asking about why OP didn't include Ready to Die, I'm pretty sure this thread is only for '96 albums.

Anyways for the topic, I'd go 7 Day Theory = IWW > RD. All 3 are fantastic albums and really only come down to preference. Hell on Earth is probably my favorite albums from that year tho. It's a shame only the cassette version of IWW has Silent Murder and they didnt include the Street Dreams Remix with R. Kelly either, 2 of his better songs from that era.
exactly these albums are from 1996 and even if i were to include rtd it is still not fuucking with pac's best album imo.

Last edited:
7 Day Theory is better IMO because you can hear the anger and the energy in those songs. RD is good & so is It Was Written but i like music with raw emotion behind it.

7 Day Theory is better IMO because you can hear the anger and the energy in those songs. RD is good & so is It Was Written but i like music with raw emotion behind it.
i picked 7 day theory because besides the music being ridiculous the lyrics were ridiculous.

idk why, but RD and IWW sound more dated than 7 day to me. Like 7 day sonically just sounds like it came out later than '96 in comparison with the other albums.

7 Day Theory for me, 'To Live and Die in L.A.' is one of the greatest songs ever... and I'm not even from there. 

I didn't see reasonable doubt in the Conversation..

7 days >Reasonable Doubt > It Was Written

Last edited:
For that whole project to be completed in a week, with it being a cohesive project and not a bunch of random songs, I have to give the nod to 7 day theory. '96 was a classic year in Hip-Hop and to be honest, I felt like Jay didn't even have a top 5 project that year. No shade against Jay but for those of us who were around in 96, RD was not an acclaimed project that year. I feel like because of his emergence as a superstar it was deemed a "classic" retroactively because people needed a project to proclaim his greatness. RD is a solid album but I think there were better albums that released that year and I believe BP is actually a better body of work than RD.

I know a lot of people that didn't even hear all of Reasonable Doubt until Jay said "Reasonable Doubt, classic shoulda went triple" myself included. It still doesn't take away how great the album was though.

7 day and it was written are tied to me. And reasonable doubt is 3rd.

The fact that a classic like reasonable doubt finished 3rd speaks to how good the albums were in 96

A better comparison would have been Me against the world vs rd vs illmatic
But 7 day theory( Pac Stan)

Back
Top Bottom