The Absolute BEST Opening Track In The History Of Hip Hop (Vol. No Need To Debate)

Originally Posted by I CANT PASS

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

dudes in here are just cycling through intros in their itunes now.. none of this is seeing ambitionz. when that beat drops, it's over.. i feel like i wanna strangle an innocent lady and punt a baby into traffic,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

but i agree with OP

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

����

"Ambitionz Az A Ridah" Produced by Dat #$#%! Daz

Kurupt: First day he came home, "Ambitionz Az A Ridah"-that was the first record that he did. Suge brought him in. The word went through the office that 'Pac was home. Everybody [who was] at the studio at that time was up there. I came a little bit later, and when i came, Daz already had the beat started. 'Pac wasn't in the studio for any more than 45 minutes before he had his first verse done and laid. that fast. He didn't even wanna chill; all he wanted to do was get on the mic. Whatever day he landed in Los Angeles, two hours after he landed, he had his first verse laid.

Dave Aron: That's the first song I ever did with 2pac. The day he got out of jail, he didn't go to the clubs. He didn't go try to meet women. He went straight to the studio like he was on a mission, and he recorded "Ambitionz Az A Ridah" and "I ain't Mad At Cha." 2pac came in, and he was fresh out of jail. I seen them give him his Death Row Medallion that same night. And then he came right in. He was ready to go. He was very hyped, very focused, a lot of energy-mad energy. And you could tell he was really one a mission. He really had a real vision of what was going on, and he wanted to get a lot done in that short amount of time.

Daz: The idea came from the me sampling Pee Wee Herman. So if you listen to Pee Wee Herman [the Champs' "Tequila"], I just put the gangsta twist on it. I gave it to 'Pac. Came back to the studio, and it was done
From XXL's The Making Of All Eyez On Me

Now onto WHY this is the BEST opening track... This track marks both the beggining of an era and the end of an era, this is Pac putting all he said in the VIBE interview in the rest... This was Pac's more or less first things he had to say after comin home as mentioned in the article, THIS is the FIRST joint he recorded after coming home... The seeds for a coastal beef were already planted and the public was becoming aware of the fued between 2Pac/Death Row�& BIG/Bad Boy Records...

Back to why this is the BEST... The beat is just�AMAZING,�& Pac absolutely BODIED the track.. He recliamed his spot amungst raps elite, and this is one of the albums of the mid 90s that took hip hop to the next level, this paved the way for rappers moving MAJOR units, and is part of the reason hip hop overtook Country as the best selling genre...�

Appreciated though

Are you guys serious with some of these ?????? Don't know if I could pick just 1 but here are a few that come to mind

DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot Intro- When this album came out I considered Nas, Jay, Pac and Big as raps elite...........Immediately after hearing this X was added to that status. X went HAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRD on this. DOG THATS MY MANS AND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay -Z Dynasty Intro- Pretty sure most will agree this is one of the best intros ever

Eightball - Lost Intro-   Not many know about this one but it deserves mentioning, give it a listen

Lox - #%#! You -  Beat is bananas and they go off on this one

Nas - Doo Rags - The first track on what may be considered Nas' best album by some. A real chill, laid back, reminisce type of song

All I can think of for now...................

Back
Top Bottom