The Air Jordan XV OG Black/Red returns Spring 2017

Yeah, it's weird buying retroes and also current kicks. I've been wearing the KD 9, Kyrie 2 and 3 lately, and then putting on these. It's like night and day. These fit like Timbs for me and aren't made for people with narrow feet.
That's what I heard. If they retro and I get them at a good price. I've never been a fan of that model.

That's my issue with buying and wearing retros. It's purely nostalgic at this point for me.

Today I tried on a Penny 1 retro at a Nordstrom Rack. Problem is, I had on KD 9. :smh:

Last edited:
tried on the pair i decided to keep and man the nostalgia with these. really. had the OGs and 07s, but i appreciate this shoe more now than ever before aesthetically/design-wise. they were really ahead of their time. i forgot how narrow they were cut tho. i really coulda gone with sz 11 like i did with the spacejams.

Last edited:
It's not just Jordans. They are skimping with the tech on many retros including the hyperdunk 08 retro

This. Only the USA colorway has the carbon fiber shank with zoom. The rest of colors (pink, yellow, blue, black) just have rubber soles. I had to get spenco insoles for my work pair (black) and they made a huge difference.

I didn't realize this

So they retroed a basketball sneaker, but you can't even play basketball in that sneaker? I know it wasn't a great performance sneaker, but don't they think people want it for basketball?

A 25 year old Jordan I can see, but a basketball sneaker? How many people are going to want it for just casual use?

I didn't realize this

So they retroed a basketball sneaker, but you can't even play basketball in that sneaker? I know it wasn't a great performance sneaker, but don't they think people want it for basketball?

A 25 year old Jordan I can see, but a basketball sneaker? How many people are going to want it for just casual use?

It's the only way to use it straight out the box. Even the Lux woven version was stripped down to its minimals, tech-wise. . Hence the "Nike" only branding in the insole and not "Nike air".

only jordans i have are the 2016 black/metallic 5s, size 10.5.  would the same size be good for these or should i size up?

tried on the pair i decided to keep and man the nostalgia with these. really. had the OGs and 07s, but i appreciate this shoe more now than ever before aesthetically/design-wise. they were really ahead of their time. i forgot how narrow they were cut tho. i really coulda gone with sz 11 like i did with the spacejams.
  Nostalgia for sure.  This shoe is underrated. 

this is why why they won't be a reviled as in da past..da XV's look alot better wit slim jeans/jogger sweats.

da baggy era made these damn near unwearable.

Jogger sweats definitely makes them way more appealing.

I like them less now than I did back in the day but I think I still want a pair. I always appreciated the design.

These and the charcoal IX are similar to me because I will always look at them as the WHAT IF shoes.  Could the Bulls have won more rings if they would've all stayed together and never "'left"' at all?  Fun arguments I have with friends all the time that are Kobe fans.

Ordered from CB Tuesday morning, got them yesterday morning. These are WAY better in person. Like I haven't been hype to really rock a shoe I bought in a long time tbh
I remember like 6-7 years ago before I was into to shoes I had seen these in nba 2k and was just disgusted, like I was damn near shocked they even made them how ugly I thought they were... turned me off from even looking at the other shoes.
And now it's one of my favorites

Oh and why didn't champs get these? Guess they weren't that big of a gr? Similar to the 07 release?

Last edited:
Ordered from CB Tuesday morning, got them yesterday morning. These are WAY better in person. Like I haven't been hype to really rock a shoe I bought in a long time tbh
I remember like 6-7 years ago before I was into to shoes I had seen these in nba 2k and was just disgusted, like I was damn near shocked they even made them how ugly I thought they were... turned me off from even looking at the other shoes.

Oh and why didn't champs get these? Guess they weren't that big of a gr? Similar to the 07 release?
  Yeah, This shoe was always a its "ok" type of shoe to me.  Even though I had them originally in 2000 they were kind of forgettable. The 07 release had me intrigued but not enough to pull the trigger.  Years pass and taste sometimes changes personally.  So now because of this release I want more colorways now.  Its weird how that happens.  I never hated on the XV like others, just thought they were ok at best.  But now I like them so much more than ever.

I was at tjmaxx and got a compliment from the girl greeting people at the line. I said people think these ugly. She said "no those look cool I like em a lot. My dad wears air Jordan's so I know all about their designs". God bless her [emoji]128591[/emoji]

Yeah, This shoe was always a its "ok" type of shoe to me.  Even though I had them originally in 2000 they were kind of forgettable. The 07 release had me intrigued but not enough to pull the trigger.  Years pass and taste sometimes changes personally.  So now because of this release I want more colorways now.  Its weird how that happens.  I never hated on the XV like others, just thought they were ok at best.  But now I like them so much more than ever.
the ones ray had in the pic actually release? I'd want those, actually I really want those bad

And yea I see my taste changing too with other things. Certain shoes I hyped over I've got rid of like Gamma 11s and some foams. Hell, think I'm done with foams altogether now

I was at tjmaxx and got a compliment from the girl greeting people at the line. I said people think these ugly. She said "no those look cool I like em a lot. My dad wears air Jordan's so I know all about their designs". God bless her [emoji]128591[/emoji]
so she called you old? :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom