The Air Jordan XV OG Black/Red returns Spring 2017

Repped !

I never understood why this model receives soo much hate; I've always thought they were simply ahead of their time. To see them garner a few more fans in the present is phenomenal, yet they're still a vastly underrated model !
Because they feel like bricks when you walk, thin zoom air pods, and the shoe doesn't lock down your foot which causes toe issues due to that front ridge in the toebox. Looks are subjective, but performance wise its the worst off all jordans. And this includes 1-9 with all that old technology. There's a reason why you never see dudes hooping in retro XV. You will see an OG 1 before these.

and for the record I had the navy/white OGs and the white/red lows. And I bought these for $133 at villa for my collection. Won't get worn too much due to comfort but I copped at that price

Last edited:
I completely disagree. I think the 15's were one of the most solid hooping shoes during its time.
Professional reviewers and my own feet says otherwise. And lets take a look at its era. the 15s vs the 14s or even 16s are night and day. it's not even close. 

Yeah, I would definitely consider myself a professional reviewer and I think the 15's were a hoopers dream at the time of release. The 15 had indentical cushioning set up as the 12 and 13, with even more cushion with a booty included. So, I'm not sure which professional reviewer has told you otherwise - but the 15 was iconic in terms of cushioning and fitting.

Last edited:
^^^youre wrong about the cushioning. 12s were full Zoom, 14s were articulated. 13s were similar but the midfoot had a lot more carbon and less Phylon. OG XVs were decent on-court when the laces were tied extremely tight. Even with that the foot moves around too much and the midfoot was poorly done. This 2017 model is a joke. Suitable for casual, that's about it. No Zoom in these; just a soft insole and a contoured outsole creates a slight response when you walk, but let's not kid ourselves about what Zoom feels like.

Last edited:
First off, I'm speaking in terms of the OG and 2007-08 15's. Not the current ones. I don't hoop in newer retro's so I can't speak on them.

Second, I stated the 12's and 13's Have identical cushion set-up as the 15 - NOT the 14.

And I've hooped in the 12, 13, 14 and 15 originally in the early 2000's - and it's safe to say the 15's were comfortable to me, and looking back - was the sole reason why I actually enjoyed the shoe.

First off, I'm speaking in terms of the OG and 2007-08 15's. Not the current ones. I don't hoop in newer retro's so I can't speak on them.

Second, I stated the 12's and 13's Have identical cushion set-up as the 15 - NOT the 14.

And I've hooped in the 12, 13, 14 and 15 originally in the early 2000's - and it's safe to say the 15's were comfortable to me, and looking back - was the sole reason why I actually enjoyed the shoe.
Well what about the biggest issue with the shoe? The non lockdown fit no matter how tight the laces were. Heck the laces are tight as  is and my foot still moves backward and forwards. And I have wide foot too. Also those hard rubbers soles didn't absorb shock very well either. Almost feel like boots

Last edited:
You're still wrong dude. First half of my answer was about the OGs, the tail end was about the 2017s, as I wrote. And the cushioning was NOT identical. XII - XV: Each had different setups. Look it up. Don't understand how that's even a disagreement :lol:

You're still wrong dude. First half of my answer was about the OGs, the tail end was about the 2017s, as I wrote. And the cushioning was NOT identical. XII - XV: Each had different setups. Look it up. Don't understand how that's even a disagreement :lol:

Wrong about what? My preferences for what I like to hoop in?

The above states models all had zoom air cushioning, with the exception of the 14 have selective zoom air cushioning - whether the shoe had full length zoom air or just heel and forefoot - my foot is not going to be able to detect the small bits of zoom air missing from the shoe.

I've never hooped in the original 12. But the early retro 12, 13, 14 (articulated) and 15 all had zoom air In the heel and forefront of the shoe.

So again, what am I missing here?

Last edited:
Just for the record, no feelings being caught, just fun clarity. 2003 XIIs were definitely FL Zoom. Not sure what you mean by "early retro XIIs have heel/forefoot"); can't speak on the other Retro models since there's been a few molds since 2003. The OG XIII had a thinner midsole, larger carbon and used larger Zoom units than the OG XV. XIII midsole made sense, the XVs didn't.

Not to break up this discussion but I see Nightwing posted a picture of the current retro chopped up and there is only a ZOOM unit in the heel and NOT the forefoot like described on Nike.com's website. I was going to purchase at the $100 level for nostalgia purposes but now I am reconsidering that. Might as well try and find an OG version.

Last edited:
Not to break up this discussion but I see Nightwing posted a picture of the current retro chopped up and there is only a ZOOM unit in the heel and NOT the forefoot like described on Nike.com's website. I was going to purchase at the $100 level for nostalgia purposes but now I am reconsidering that. Might as well try and find an OG version.

Maybe these were samples with no forefoot zoom? Who knows if this is the final product or someone stuck rubber instead.

View media item 2310471

Dang...what a confirmation. I knew these weren't right as soon as I put them on. MSRP $190...advertises Zoom in heel and forefoot. I should throw this to 'heir Jordan' and see what excuse he makes. Fakes are made better than this retail garbage.

welp time to put my pair up on ebay for 150 shipped lol

if your going to put one zoom unit in the shoe atleast make it forefoot zoom sheesh

Dang...what a confirmation. I knew these weren't right as soon as I put them on. MSRP $190...advertises Zoom in heel and forefoot. I should throw this to 'heir Jordan' and see what excuse he makes. Fakes are made better than this retail garbage.

The lines are really blurred these days with who exactly manufactures the authentics, 'grey markets' and fakes. There's the obvious low quality fakes and the not so obvious 'grey market'. The latter is 100% being produced by the same factory doing the authentics.

Wouldn't be surprised if they they are billing Nike for authentic level product but sneaking in the stripped down 'grey market' product. Most cats are buying because of hype/trends in any case.

I am a bit surprised that Nike updated their tech specs though. If they asked for forefoot/heel Zoom and got heel only shouldn't they be concerned?

Or is Nike in cahoots with the manufacturer and buying stripped down 'ish but marketing it with the original technical specifications?

Just returned my pair back to Nike the other day. Keeping and actually finally going to wear my 07's.

I noticed the zoom air missing in the forefoot the first day I wore recent 17's. The 07's comfort is 100% better.

Just shameful that Nike would lie and advertise it. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom