The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

Around this time 20 years ago, I copped my 2nd pair of cherrywoods from the outlets for like $80. My favorite shoe of all time.
C0E1B6D3-63C2-4BA6-84AC-2376A4EC14BD.jpeg

The shroud has always been a throwaway in my opinion, but Cherrywoods and Gingers were ahead of their time. I appreciate them now way more than I did during the original release. I could say that for all the 16 & 17s that dropped.

I'd put Wizard and Chicago 17's up with anything 14-23 as my favorites.

Honestly, those XVI renderings are underwhelming. It is actually hard to make weak colors for this silhouette IMO. All of the fakes from back in the day were fire.
They need to just release that white shroud/black upper with black-patent-toe sample from years ago. I don’t even know how that wasn’t a released OG colorway. I’d buy those immediately.

Around this time 20 years ago, I copped my 2nd pair of cherrywoods from the outlets for like $80. My favorite shoe of all time.
C0E1B6D3-63C2-4BA6-84AC-2376A4EC14BD.jpeg
Criminally underrated. I remember saving for these. Finally had enough for the discounted price and they only had a size 10/12/13 left. Mega bummed. These need a retro, but they gotta do em justice. Gorgeous!!!!

Back
Top Bottom