THE AMERICANS on FX -- Season 2 Finale: "Echo" ... Tonight at 10/9c

So do people not like paige? Besides her giving up all her money last episode, I can't remember me disliking her for any reason.

stan is a main character, doubt he gets murked so soon.

Without him, there is no one worth following on the fbi side
yeah good point. I have a feeling that lady he sees under the alias clark ( I can't remember her name ), is going to figure out hes someone else. something about the whole meeting in Virginia, and the KGB couple getting killed and her helping Stan with it.

yeah good point. I have a feeling that lady he sees under the alias clark ( I can't remember her name ), is going to figure out hes someone else. something about the whole meeting in Virginia, and the KGB couple getting killed and her helping Stan with it.
Fake wife's name that works for the feds is Martha...but that is Phil

Stan is the neighbor that works for the feds as well and is falling for his informant, Nina. (Can't blame him though 
laugh.gif
)

Tuned into Metal Gear Solid real quick. And now they're gonna have psycho Beecher after them? :smh:

And Matt Rhys channeling his inner Sean Penn. All Paige wanted to do was hang out with Jesus. :lol:

Mannnnnnn. **** anybody who doesn't watch this show. :lol: :smokin

So do people not like paige? Besides her giving up all her money last episode, I can't remember me disliking her for any reason.
She's extremely annoying and worthless. Epitome of a bratty kid and now she's going throuh her teens it's almost insufferable with her trying to find something to rebel against.

The show & it's writers do a solid job of building this kind of silent fury of emotions in the show. It's just now starting to bill over for Phil. Homey went off on Paige & the pastor. I thought that self righteous pastor was a goner though. What kind of a**hole takes $600 from a kid without making sure the parents were cool with it?

Loved Elizabeth waking that little brat up in the middle of the night to some work camp like chores to do.

I found it ironic that Phil is so mad about the US planting bogus plans being as though the lengths they went to steal the plans. :lol:

Anyone know that Oliver North helped write this episode? The producers used his experiences selling arms to Iran back during the trade embargo with Iran during the 80s & then fund, train, & arm the contras while helping to smuggle historic amounts of coke back into the US.

Interesting pieces from people that really took umbrage to North being used.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/a...north-now-in-the-service-of-tvs-kgb.html?_r=0

http://townhall.com/columnists/bren...bservers-of-history-hate-ollie-north-n1825992

Finally caught the episode.

This dude Philip was in rare form.
laugh.gif

The subtle heel turn on Henry, then the full heel turn on Paige.

That church scene where the family was listening to the sermon was comedy.

Paige -
happy.gif

Henry -
tired.gif

Elizabeth -
grin.gif

Philip -
indifferent.gif

Elizabeth and Philip were catching all kinds of bodies. Beecher did not look happy.

Really thought Philip was gonna murk the pastor. The tension was palpable in that scene (and most of the episode in general).

was the annalise or whatever her name was in the show before? For some reason i thought she was a kgb agent that phil knew from his past but after she got so pissed after the sex, then it's apparent she's not.

Is she just someone that phil's been seeing to get an angle?

^ Yeah, I think we saw her before once. She's one of Phil's assets like that college guy that got him to that meeting at the college. The same way the other spy had that bald dude in one of the US agencies as his asset.

This ep felt unfinished a bit. Not a trasnitional ep but like I could've still got 20 min out of how it began and how it ended. Overall it was business as usual since they were on a new op.

**** this ***** Paige. I'm tired of her. Were there any religious serial killers during the 80s? Hope she goes to that camp and doesn't come back.

I didn't expect this dude to get to the phone guy :lol: Thought he was screwed when the button got pressed but he had the equipment to get pass that.

Stan getting a bit too close. Thought that kid was gonna id Liz.

Who was the guy making phone calls after he killed the guy in the basement? Kind of forgot who he is.. I think US Army or something. Stan has those sketches of Phillip and Elizabeth's disguises..I have a feeling Stan will sooner or later run into them 
nthat.gif

Kind of feel bad for Phil
My dude has to listen to random dudes have their way with the females in his life

Elizabeth gonna drive her daughter into the comforting arms of Tyrone soon

Paige needs some ethnic parenting in her life.
Elizabeth might send her to be disciplined by Derek Luke and his ppl for the summer. So she grow up real hard.

:lol:
Who was the guy making phone calls after he killed the guy in the basement? Kind of forgot who he is.. I think US Army or something. Stan has those sketches of Phillip and Elizabeth's disguises..I have a feeling Stan will sooner or later run into them :nthat:
Yeah this ep as Phil and Liz were walking somewhere I just kept thinking one of these days they're going to run in to Stan and they're gonna have to kill him on the spot :lol:
Kind of feel bad for Phil
My dude has to listen to random dudes have their way with the females in his life
While he gets to relieve his stress in to different females.

Won't lie though, looking at Phil when he said he wanted to apologize to Paige, I really understood how in S1 he just wanted to ditch the program and go somewhere with the kids and live their life in America.

Elizabeth gonna drive her daughter into the comforting arms of Tyrone soon
She aint even gonna mind as long as it's righteous strong black brotha :smokin

Last edited:
Man I can't find it, but maybe you guys have. I was trying to find a gif or a video clip of when Phil last week went berserk and started tearing the Bible up and shouting at Paige 
laugh.gif

This week though...

Phil is definitely back on his Amnericanization thing. From not wanting Liz to sleep with guys that much anymore (Him commenting, "I know you can do your job, but I am saying that you don't have to this time") and him wanting his family (Paige) to not be mad at him and talk to him.

I don't think they would kill Stan since he is such a big piece of the story line for now. I do wonder if he would become a double agent himself in an attempt to win Nina over and get them yambz back, haha

Normally I always apologize for Paige, but she needed to learn today. :smh:

Paige needs some ethnic parenting in her life.
Yes.

Beecher out here like Omar. :lol:

And I hate every part of Oleg.

No. Hate that it had to happen to my bae. I wanted to see her onscreen more often.

What do you guys think the other family's son knows. That convo with Elizabeth and meeting with Kate in her regular appearance with no disguise....

You think he was not supposed to be in the room when they were done for?

What do you guys think the other family's son knows. That convo with Elizabeth and meeting with Kate in her regular appearance with no disguise....

You think he was not supposed to be in the room when they were done for?
that's an interesting possibility.. it could very well be possible. I thought he was innocent but now that you b Dring that up, I'm not sure what I think about that whole situation.

Matthew Rhy is putting on an acting clinic. Son right now with the help of the writers is just showing a wide range of what he can do. His whole approach, accent, and style with his latest disguise had me lke :wow: :lol: :pimp:

He needs to be in a movie playing a con man or a serious take on a master of disguise or something. He's just too good.

Damn **** Beecher. I was just thinking how fine Kate looked this ep.

Liz smart trying to curve Paige to being more of an activist. The pipe may be in her future for sure now. I feel that some point in the future she's gonna catch her mom or dad in one of their disguises and it'll be hilarious :lol:

Stan still steady getting played. I'm really looking forward to how this goes down. Seems the heat is really back on Nina.

Back
Top Bottom