The AND 1 Tai Chi Mid returns...

For those talking about how the marbury 1 looks off... thats all in your heads, every pic you can find of that shoe is the OG. I had a meeting with And 1 yesterday and i know 100% we will not see the Marbury 1 in 2015, MAYBE... in 2016. The problem is that the company has been bought and sold so many times they dont have the OG molds anymore for these older models... 

I asked about the pairs Lance has been seen in, and they said they had to actually pay collectors/resellers for those pairs to give to lance.... so those are not new pairs, i mean new to him, not new as in manufactured.

-Fresh 

For those talking about how the marbury 1 looks off... thats all in your heads, every pic you can find of that shoe is the OG. I had a meeting with And 1 yesterday and i know 100% we will not see the Marbury 1 in 2015, MAYBE... in 2016. The problem is that the company has been bought and sold so many times they dont have the OG molds anymore for these older models... 

I asked about the pairs Lance has been seen in, and they said they had to actually pay collectors/resellers for those pairs to give to lance.... so those are not new pairs, i mean new to him, not new as in manufactured.

-Fresh 

Not saying I don't believe you in any way, but man I'd love to know where they came up with a wearable size 14 of a near 20 year old shoe haha.

What you said about them being bought & sold echoes what Lance's dad told me about all the shakeups over there.

Peace,
J

-Fresh 
Not saying I don't believe you in any way, but man I'd love to know where they came up with a wearable size 14 of a near 20 year old shoe haha.

What you said about them being bought & sold echoes what Lance's dad told me about all the shakeups over there.

Peace,
J
If you know Lance dad, then you can have him ask where they got them from... I had a meeting with 2 reps and their VP yesterday over product for FW16, and like i said one of the main things i wanted to get cleared up was the Marbury 1. Take it or leave it.

I told them we did have a market for this shoe, whenever they do bring it back. 

-Fresh 

I'm definitely not doubting you, as I'm sure you know way more than I do, but if this is true, I'm wondering how they took the S logo off of the back of both all of the supposed samples that have been seen and all of the pairs Lance has been wearing. Every pic I've found with them on or off his feet in either colorway have not had the logo nor signs the logo was removed. If those are truly all OGs then And 1 went to a lot of trouble to not only find wearable pairs in Lance's size but to have a professional redo all the heels.

-Fresh 
I'm definitely not doubting you, as I'm sure you know way more than I do, but if this is true, I'm wondering how they took the S logo off of the back of both all of the supposed samples that have been seen and all of the pairs Lance has been wearing. Every pic I've found with them on or off his feet in either colorway have not had the logo nor signs the logo was removed. If those are truly all OGs then And 1 went to a lot of trouble to not only find wearable pairs in Lance's size but to have a professional redo all the heels.
WOWWWW i never stopped to think about that... Yea they would have to resign marhury for the logo, and if in fact the pairs he wore did not have his logo then they are new.... and if they are new then And 1 lied to me... the worst thing a rep and a VP can do is lie..... I will mos def look more into this. 

-Fresh 

They still run super small?
I wouldn't say super small. I ordered the white/red pair a couple of weeks ago and I went up half a size (compared to my Nike size) because some guys mentioned that they run small. However I think that I maybe even could have gone true to size (at least length-wise). I have rather wide feet and my pair feels just right in that regard, so I assume that my normal size would have felt a bit too snug. But I can't tell for sure since I haven't tried on my normal size. 

So if you like some room in your toe-area or if you want to play in these and wear two pairs of socks, then going up half a size might be the right choice just to make sure.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say super small. I ordered the white/red pair a couple of weeks ago and I went up half a size (compared to my Nike size) because some guys mentioned that they run small. However I think that I maybe even could have gone true to size (at least length-wise). I have rather wide feet and my pair feels just right in that regard, so I assume that my normal size would have felt a bit too snug. But I can't tell for sure since I haven't tried on my normal size. 

So if you like some room in your toe-area or if you want to play in these and wear two pairs of socks, then going up half a size might be the right choice just to make sure.

I can tell you this, I'm a 12 across the board. I don't ever size up/down for anything (outside of Chucks), not even Huarache Runs, and my toes were busting out the ends of a size 12 Tai Chi. I tried to walk around the house in them to make them work because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of a return, and absolutely could not do it. I exchanged them for a 13, which fit damn near perfect. Now, with no 12.5, I can't speak for .5 up, but TTS is absolutely not an option on these.

Peace,
J

Aw dang! Was just about to order even at $105 and I see the only size missing is the 13 I need since I should size up apparently. Of all the luck.. .

Thanks for the head's up, but you guys might wanna watch out there. Kickz will run you $53.50 for shipping. As much as I want those White/Red Vince Carters, I think I can wait til they hit the US web store.

PS, those white/blacks are the same as the 20th anniversary pack, plus you get a pair of TooChillins with them for less money.

Peace,
J

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Guess fate knew what it was doing keeping me from ordering. Lol. And funny you should mention the pack because I was looking at those wht/blks thinking how much cleaner they looked without the XX on the heel.

Last edited:
Finally got my shipping notice for the white All Stars. Funny enough they're coming from Beaverton. Seemed odd to me. I'll post a review when they show up.

Peace,
J

Alright, All Stars finally showed up. First impression is that they are a VERY different cut from the first round of Tai Chi retros we got last year. These have a much taller/more rounded off toebox, and do seem to run a bit bigger from what I can tell. Small thing, but this pair also came in a boring brown And1 box instead of the great retro box they had been using. I threw in some comparison pics with one of the all black 2014 pairs (also a 13) and a Lebron VII (size 12).

Question guys, are the Tai Chi's suitable to like hoop on the daily, want a pair to play outdoors in. Feedback would be appreciated.

Question guys, are the Tai Chi's suitable to like hoop on the daily, want a pair to play outdoors in. Feedback would be appreciated.

I honestly couldn't tell you. They're built well, and I know Lance wears them straight out of the box, no orthotics or special insoles or anything. But personally, I don't have any experience in these retros.

Peace,
J

I honestly couldn't tell you. They're built well, and I know Lance wears them straight out of the box, no orthotics or special insoles or anything. But personally, I don't have any experience in these retros.

Peace,
J
Dam that's crazy didn't know that, then again Lance does come from playing out in the streets too? aside from his dominant days at Lincoln and Cincy. I'll eventually end up copping the black/black pair and throw an insole for comfort and extra cushion. Thanks for the feedback and insight.

Back
Top Bottom