The AND 1 Tai Chi Mid returns...

i actually came in here to post that. for $40 I have to scoop. did we ever come to a consensus on sizing? size up or go tts?

Question guys, are the Tai Chi's suitable to like hoop on the daily, want a pair to play outdoors in. Feedback would be appreciated.
I played with a retro pair all of last summer and for outdoor ball I found them to be pretty good. Traction, durability and comfort were a big plus. Cushioning could be better you can't have it all I guess. For me the Tai Chis were super comfy though.

I played with a retro pair all of last summer and for outdoor ball I found them to be pretty good. Traction, durability and comfort were a big plus. Cushioning could be better you can't have it all I guess. For me the Tai Chis were super comfy though.
Got Cha, thanks next time they come around I'll scoop a pair up for some outdoor hooping and throw in a light , thin insole.

Those were definitely his! The Marbury II is a classic to me, but I can understand why they're forgotten by most people since:

1)Well, they're And 1. Most people don't remember all the models due to them being a smaller company. Not to mention Starbury himself never really found himself in the greatest guards ever conversation here in the States. He's doing great over in China, but over here towards the end, he kind of tarnished himself. Anyone remember him eating vaseline on a the internet?

2)The shoe was actually really minimal compared to other hoops shoes at the time. No visible tech (air, zoom, hexalite, 2A et al.), just "duraspring" that I never really understood. No giant logo, just his on the tongue and heel if I remember correctly and the little metallic And 1 jewel/medallion on the side. Mostly mesh build, (except for the white ones) compared the leather tanks that were being built by the other companies (which, actually, I miss as well. I wish nicer materials could still be used at good price points)

3)It was more of a high top running silhouette. Everything else then was really more bulky.

The most memorable part of them was the pair of lace loops that came all the way down on either side (I didn't even use them). They came in a sneaker era when bigger was better and most all of the kicks we remember were chunky and bulky and packed with tech.

I loved these things. Another pair I wish would retro, but I know no one would be buying but me, and even I'd probably wait for a discount. :tongue:

Here's a couple pics of a few of the colors I found in a cursory search. Sorry they're not bigger.

Also, on another marbury note, here's a few pics I found while I was looking for pics of the Marbury 2 of the upcoming Marbury 1 retro which gives some better angles to see what they'll look like come release time. They look good to me. Didn't even know Lance rocked em already a few times in Feb., apparently.

Repped ....I love both shoes..many memories...good look. If anyone knows where to find a sz 11 or 11.5 please pm

When I go to that link it tells me that product doesn't exist.

Did they sell out?

No they didnt you just have to search on richards its 50 bucks now tho

Im out. Just spent 79 on some shox r4 lol

Last edited:

WOWWWW i never stopped to think about that... Yea they would have to resign marhury for the logo, and if in fact the pairs he wore did not have his logo then they are new.... and if they are new then And 1 lied to me... the worst thing a rep and a VP can do is lie..... I will mos def look more into this. 

-Fresh 
lol. I knew that couldn't be right cause they look nothing like them :/ not to be stereotypical or anything but they really look like some cheap Chinese knockoff. the angles are all wrong, almost makes me cringe

Hornets just came in, Fits true to size for me. Love the finish on the white panel, its a nice touch. Heading to the court very soon.

@S-Blaze Give us feedback on performance been procrastinating for months on whether to buy these on a discount to hoop outdoors.

Got off the court earlier today, these can go indoor or outdoor. I had acceptable grip, and I was able to cut and slash on a dime. They are heavy, I do think they can take an outdoor bruising. But be wary, the soles wi run out faster. Very comfortable, I haven't worn AND1 in a long time, this was refreshing! I encourage all to try em out, but not at retail of course.

Got off the court earlier today, these can go indoor or outdoor. I had acceptable grip, and I was able to cut and slash on a dime. They are heavy, I do think they can take an outdoor bruising. But be wary, the soles wi run out faster. Very comfortable, I haven't worn AND1 in a long time, this was refreshing! I encourage all to try em out, but not at retail of course.
I agree. They perform surprisingly well outdoors and indoors. I got the white/red pair a while ago mainly because of it's history but I'm actually wearing them a lot on court. Wouldn't call them heavy though... 

Apologies, I should specify, I meant heavier in terms of present models today. Also, I usually go to my Anatomix Spawn 2, so feet familiarity as well.

Last edited:
Yea I'm not payin $100, wish I could order from this Japan site I saw some crazy colorways

I feel you.

I've seen the hornet colors all around like Macys, ***** sporting goods for the low. This was a while ago, so you may have to check behind me.

^ had to do a bit of research, the and 1 quest mid. Loved those in white and blue- maybe and 1s nicest model.
Thanks for your help!  I just found a pair for desmond mason in white and green with 24 stitched. Do you have any idea who these may be for?

Back
Top Bottom