The beginning of the end for BlackBerry

[font=georgia, serif]
  • First Posted: Jun 21 2011 08:28 AM
  • Updated: about 2 hours ago
[h4]The markets have wreaked havoc on Research In Motion, which has started laying off workers to make up for its shrinking value.[/h4]
The first round of layoffs at Research In Motion has claimed 200 jobs in Waterloo, Ont., as the BlackBerry maker struggles to make up for tumbling profits and a weak financial outlook. RIM said Friday that it would be cutting jobs throughout this quarter as a cost-savings measure, but how many of the company's 17,500 employees stand to be axed is unknown. RIM shares fell more than 20 per cent on Friday after the company released its first-quarter earnings. In the past three years, the company has lost more than 80 per cent of its value as iPhones and Google Android-based smartphones have bit into the BlackBerry's market share
[/font]
http://www.themarknews.co...rim-lays-off-200-workers

[font=georgia, serif]
  • First Posted: Jun 21 2011 08:28 AM
  • Updated: about 2 hours ago
[h4]The markets have wreaked havoc on Research In Motion, which has started laying off workers to make up for its shrinking value.[/h4]
The first round of layoffs at Research In Motion has claimed 200 jobs in Waterloo, Ont., as the BlackBerry maker struggles to make up for tumbling profits and a weak financial outlook. RIM said Friday that it would be cutting jobs throughout this quarter as a cost-savings measure, but how many of the company's 17,500 employees stand to be axed is unknown. RIM shares fell more than 20 per cent on Friday after the company released its first-quarter earnings. In the past three years, the company has lost more than 80 per cent of its value as iPhones and Google Android-based smartphones have bit into the BlackBerry's market share
[/font]
http://www.themarknews.co...rim-lays-off-200-workers

Never good news to hear about people losing their jobs
frown.gif

BB is great hardware, just update it a bit and put an Android OS on there and I'll buy one

Never good news to hear about people losing their jobs
frown.gif

BB is great hardware, just update it a bit and put an Android OS on there and I'll buy one

The hardware is pretty outdated too IMO. 
Real sad, I owned a blackberry a few years back, and I loved it. It all happened so fast.
ohwell.gif

The hardware is pretty outdated too IMO. 
Real sad, I owned a blackberry a few years back, and I loved it. It all happened so fast.
ohwell.gif

Listen to "The Critical Path" podcast with Horace Dediu, episode 2. He goes through how "synchronized" failure occurs in previously vaunted mobile companies.

Listen to "The Critical Path" podcast with Horace Dediu, episode 2. He goes through how "synchronized" failure occurs in previously vaunted mobile companies.

It's a shame I love my blackberry, they took too long to move with the market and got lazy as they had all these corporate clients.

For me the BB9700 is the best form factor for a mobile phone. I hate using touch devices to type emails.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How hard is it for them to get some R&D going to compete with the iPhone and Android?[/color]
In the past three years, the company has lost more than 80 per cent of its value

sick.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How hard is it for them to get some R&D going to compete with the iPhone and Android?[/color]
In the past three years, the company has lost more than 80 per cent of its value

sick.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]

It's a shame I love my blackberry, they took too long to move with the market and got lazy as they had all these corporate clients.

For me the BB9700 is the best form factor for a mobile phone. I hate using touch devices to type emails.

Honestly, I've had blackberrys since 2001 for work and they are just terrible at this point. The Internet on them is pathetic. I really just use it for email and phone for work but good riddance. I could use something better.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

just downloaded, it seems as though they know what they are talking about, is it a good show to follow?

Honestly, I've had blackberrys since 2001 for work and they are just terrible at this point. The Internet on them is pathetic. I really just use it for email and phone for work but good riddance. I could use something better.

just downloaded, it seems as though they know what they are talking about, is it a good show to follow?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

2 brilliant episodes so far. Dediu is the man to follow in this subject. 
edit:  Look at their ratings! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom