The Boondocks Season 4 Adult Swim Bump

This is also the last season; so I hope Sony doesn't **** up. That would suck if the series went out wack.
its already a furlong conclusion that they will... and that the fans the og fans will be like meh what a suck way to go out... and then the episodes will appear sporadic, sony will save face and obviously not admit wrong... and will work some kinda deal basically they will just constantly show older episodes and try to milk all the can out of it until ppl just be like enough of it already and then it will end up like stroker and hoops or like athf...

The animation also changed for season 4

Season 3 comparison

Which one you guys like better?  I think they're both good.

Last edited:

The animation also changed for season 4

Season 3 comparison

Which one you guys like better? 
3476966-3582798154-tumbl.gif

I think the new animation looks dope
pimp.gif
yea they added more lighting and more detail and bolder colors to the cartoon... before it looked like reruns old footage even on the new episodes... kinda reminds me of the transition that family guy had when they first aired vs when they returned yrs later after the hiatus ie late 90's 2000's to like mid 2000's when they came back.....

This thread right now:

McGruder not being involved with season 4 sounds bad, but how about we actually let the season start before deeming it a failure?

On a side note, I wonder if Caesar will be introduced this season?

Boondocks, the comic and the show, is one of the most unique properties I've ever had the joy of reading/watching. I really hope this is good. 

This thread right now:

McGruder not being involved with season 4 sounds bad, but how about we actually let the season start before deeming it a failure?

On a side note, I wonder if Caesar will be introduced this season?
well considering the material etc... seeing as they had previews of episodes leak iuno 2 or 3 yrs ago it will be old irrelevant landmarks/moments in history.... then lacking that introspective view of situations life etc... through the eyes of a minority black to be exact being depicted through the eyes/viewpoint by a majority white conglomerate... (that is unless they placed in some story writers/producers that are black etc...)  cant really see it having that meaningful powerful yet witty/comical delivery etc... that McGruder brought to the show...

I mean it isn't in the realm of possibility... but realistically, it has corporate minstrel show and an attempt to cash in on the wait and hype... riddled with stereotypes and stereotypical so called "black humor" ala like a tyler perry comedy....

Can't take people serious when they're prejudging material that hasn't even been seen yet.

Wasnt he the reason why we werent getting constistant seasons??

Honestly if McGruder not being there means more seasons on the regular with the new guys essentially keeping the dynamic of the characters and the integretity of the show than im all for it...

But lets see [emoji]128514[/emoji]

no the show only will have/is 4 seasons.... so if anything all would happen is the show would've been done with and over 3 yrs ago... so iuno how you view that good/bad/happy sad....

well considering the material etc... seeing as they had previews of episodes leak iuno 2 or 3 yrs ago it will be old irrelevant landmarks/moments in history.... then lacking that introspective view of situations life etc... through the eyes of a minority black to be exact being depicted through the eyes/viewpoint by a majority white conglomerate... (that is unless they placed in some story writers/producers that are black etc...)  cant really see it having that meaningful powerful yet witty/comical delivery etc... that McGruder brought to the show...

I mean it isn't in the realm of possibility... but realistically, it has corporate minstrel show and an attempt to cash in on the wait and hype... riddled with stereotypes and stereotypical so called "black humor" ala like a tyler perry comedy....
What? 
laugh.gif

Adult Swim and cash grab don't belong in the same sentence. You seem to have no grasp at all at the situation at all. Boondocks is a niche show, like 90% of Adult Swim shows. 

There's enough comics and seasons for them to look back on and reference while making new episodes. It might not be exactly what Mcgruder would do but I don't see why we should believe it's going to bad.

I'm not looking at this season in a negative way. I just don't know what to expect. I just hope sony does a good job and doesn't kill the series. Atleast the animation improved and Regina King and John Witherspoon returned.

What? 
laugh.gif

Adult Swim and cash grab don't belong in the same sentence. You seem to have no grasp at all at the situation at all. Boondocks is a niche show, like 90% of Adult Swim shows. 

There's enough comics and seasons for them to look back on and reference while making new episodes. It might not be exactly what Mcgruder would do but I don't see why we should believe it's going to bad.
they aren't making any new episodes... and all the ones for the new and last season are done... john witherspoon confirmed and said this last year... seeing its the last/final season and all I seriously doubt they would cancel and create make new episodes etc... just to make relatable material to recent current events....

It was suppose to begin air with the fall season...even had ads for it... but with the whole "dispute" etc... adult swim just went on ahead and set a date for the following year etc... instead of just putting out the final season in the middle of a season...

So all things considering id imagine especially seeing as one of the episodes includes a pimp name slick back returning... the introduction and hype surrounding the new changes to iPhone 5 and grand dad obsession with it and siri.... grand dad falling for a long lost kardasian sister who wants to marry and be like kim... (which wasn't she married to kris like 3 yrs ago or so) spoofing the show breaking bad(a show again that isn't present) its all 2010-2011 little of 12 events material...

So it may not be bad but it will be dated.. couple that with not having the input and writing genius that is McGruder... will it be terrible that's hard to say... based on timeline of production it will be dated material... and him saying they were taking a less controversial approach... it may not be terrible but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more episodes like a pimp named slick back over the mlk types or the bet type of episodes to which were a lot of fans favorite types of episodes...

Iuno it seems like it would be like the cosby show midway through its height bill leaves he stops writing being apart of the show... and they say oh well we gonna replace bill and heading in another direction... it hasn't worked in recent yrs ie... two and a half men... so forth and so on... but it could be decent or even good... I believe ppl will be upset some that is going expecting the magic/wit etc... that McGruder brought and when it doesn't have it... like oh well... it was good while it lasted...

The new animation is going to have grow on me but I'm still lookin forward to it...I'm sure one of the episodes if not the first will touch on trayvon Martin

There were changes to the animation from S1 to S2. I didn't even notice until I watched the DVDs months later. Everyone will get use to it.

I prefer the new animation style, lots more detail. It's similar to what happened to one piece compared to when it 1st started and now.

Back
Top Bottom