The Boondocks Season 4 Adult Swim Bump

God forbid you have to read stuff you don't like, on a discussion board
laugh.gif

I want to hear people's opinions about episodes, and enjoy it with others. What I don't want to hear is people complaining about McGruder not being involved every episode. I guarantee if people didn't know McGruder left, there would've been a bunch of different reactions.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I want to hear people's opinions about episodes, and enjoy it with others. What I don't want to hear is people complaining about McGruder not being involved every episode. I guarantee if people didn't know McGruder left, there would've been a bunch of different reactions.
and from what i remember reading he wasnt THAT involved anyway

laugh.gif

Brah I listed what I didn't like about the episode, specially. Other have too. If the opinions are negative, you gotta accept that.

laugh.gif

Wasn't he was the head writer and showrunner.

Last edited:
Brah I listed what I didn't like about the episode, specially. Other have too. If the opinions are negative, you gotta accept that.

You know that's not how NT works. Nobody actually reads. If there's negative opinions it's automatically "man y'all overthinking." "Y'all haters" "Y'all just saying that because ______."

Face it. Some people just can't handle something they really enjoy, being panned.

dudes saying expectations were too high and there was nothing wrong or off

with the episode probably don't watch tv/movies in the same way some of us

do. think about it. there are PLENTY of people who watch movies and can't

really tell if the acting is bad, script is bad, or whatever. they just don't analyze

them like that so if the basic template of a decent/interesting story is there then

they say "hey man idk what you're talking about, that was good." same thing here.

look flat out: no Boondocks episode was ever that obvious.....ever. That **** was

blatant as hell and not the usual style. also the dialogue between characters outside

of the usual cast was weird at times. the two white cops at the beginning, for example.

the underlying commentary of their convo was so overt that it was corny. i did enjoy it

for what it's worth, but there were noticeable differences.

I get what you're saying...but as someone who had to study film as part of their major and can't look at anything the same as before such, I stand by what I said. Expectations were high x this episode shouldn't have been the season premiere. Of course, stylistically its going to change but I don't think the show is absolutely compromised. Y'all be alright man :lol:

I fully understand that everybody isn't going to like it. I didn't even think it was great. I'm talking about all the McGruder nonsense that's gonna be brought up every week.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I thought just the creator
And very little in day to day stuff

A movie director can't see stuff in movies you can't?

A film student whose written movies scripts can't tell certain things the average person can't? Alright. Whatever you say sir.

I already stated that it has nothing to do w/ enjoyment by saying that those who don't see it analytically will easily say "idk what you talking about that was good"

I'm not saying you can't be entertained by it.

Hell the dude saying that talking about Uncle Ruckus being over the top = nitpicking prove my whole point.

Y'all got it though. :lol:

No, I can speak on specific technical aspects, as I touched on in my post. My point is, no one cares! Doesn't impress me as I have as much, if not more, knowledge on the subject. People learn these things and type it with an air of superiority, it's one thing to say 'the second act was dry' its another to say 'the second act was dry, how can you like that, you must not get it' as if you're opinion is somehow more educated than most people.

Alas, tis the curse of the interwebz, infinite knowledge comes with unbridled condescension. I really should get used to it, but I won't.

laugh.gif

Nope. He wrote and co-wrote almost every episode. And being showrunner means you're in charge of the day to day production

laugh.gif

Nope. He wrote and co-wrote almost every episode. And being showrunner means you're in charge of the day to day production
Show me proof that he wrote or co wrote every show

No, I can speak on specific technical aspects, as I touched on in my post. My point is, no one cares! Doesn't impress me as I have as much, if not more, knowledge on the subject. People learn these things and type it with an air of superiority, it's one thing to say 'the second act was dry' its another to say 'the second act was dry, how can you like that, you must not get it' as if you're opinion is somehow more educated than most people.

Alas, tis the curse of the interwebz, infinite knowledge comes with unbridled condescension. I really should get used to it, but I won't.

Bro what the **** are you talking about?

My point is that people look at things differently therefore that's why we all can view the same thing and come out seeing something different.

If I say it was over the top and forced and you don't agree that just means we see it differently. You dont see what I see and I don't see what you see.

Stop crying in every thread like somebody tryna belittle you. Don't nobody care about your social commentary. I just said that people look at and analyze things differently. That's a fact and not an insult in any way.

What we see is created equal in most cases, especially here. You liked the whole show, nothing was forced, you were entertained. The end.

I liked some of the show, felt the dialogue was forced at times, felt the commentary was too obvious, I didn't like it as much as you. The end.

That was my whole point. You lack thy much confidence to where you feel insulted and belittled in every thread bruh?

Last edited:
I'm sweet over here. Not a fan of the psuedointellectuals acting like they the ****, that attitude carries over to real life, speaks about your personality. I see it day in day out, people ******** on good people, calling them uneducated, generally disrespecting folks, especially old folks I hate that ish, especially from young cats; really does hurt me soul.

I respect good critiques, even ones I disagree with, especially if theyre illuminating to some aspects i hadnt thought about , but pot shots belittling others annoys me. I really do need to check myself though, that's just the way a lot of cats are designed.

Last edited:
I'm sweet over here. Not a fan of the psuedointellectuals acting like they the ****, that attitude carries over to real life, speaks about your personality. I see it day in day out, people ******** on good people, calling them uneducated, generally disrespecting folks, especially old folks I hate that ish, especially from young cats; really does hurt me soul.

I respect good critiques, even ones I disagree with, especially if theyre illuminating to some aspects i hadnt thought about , but pot shots belittling others annoys me. I really do need to check myself though, that's just the way a lot of cats are designed.
You have real self esteem issues if me saying some people can't tell when something is poorly written or poorly acted equals all tht you just said.

Alright I'm out see y'all next Monday. Can't wait :pimp:

Last edited:
I thought episode was hilarious I don't always catch the deeper meanings to some of their episode

But yesterday's was clear. Enjoyed it not having high expectations just dam glad it's back

Can't get into any of adult swims shows now.

Last edited:
First episode was ok. Satire was there but it definitely felt different. Not a fan of the new animation at all though. I'll keep watching.

The overly exaggerated facial expressions at times were annoying, but other than that the animation was cool with me I guess.

Back
Top Bottom