The Boondocks Season 4 Adult Swim Bump

The episode had traces of old, but I still felt empty after I watched it. Now thinking about it, I'm mad they have that Stinkmeaner episode dangling like a carrot to get people to cheer. I think his storyline got milked after his first appearance. 

Anyone else get the feeling that the voice actors are mailing it in this season. The delivery of lines seemed so weird in last nights episode, very monotonous. Same tone and delivery every line as they are just going through the motions.

this show was killed when they went on that long hiatus. too many expectations that just haven't been met.

Anyone else get the feeling that the voice actors are mailing it in this season. The delivery of lines seemed so weird in last nights episode, very monotonous. Same tone and delivery every line as they are just going through the motions.
you mean mailed it in. Voice acting was done months ago, but it's definitely different. 
this show was killed when they went on that long hiatus. too many expectations that just haven't been met.
They all had hiatuses tho. Season one started in 05. We're in only the 4th season damn near 10 years later 
laugh.gif

I'm mad they have that Stinkmeaner episode dangling like a carrot to get people to cheer. I think his storyline got milked after his first appearance. 

To hell and back :smh: There's seriously no reason he should still be playing any part in the series.

Last edited:
so empty. It was like we are waiting for Huey but he isnt going to come. The episodes are so awkward. I dont know if its me forcing my self to not like it but this stuff just isnt that funny. I was expecting some great story telling with a slavery theme park but it was just so flat. They could have done a lot especially with todays society and the wealth gap occurring. Its like they got the right themes but just arent delivering with the writing.

So far my favorite episode this season was the freedom riders one that one had me laughing more than any other episode so far

Man .... I don't get it; you have endless source material in the comics to at least get the right writting "tone" for the characters yet this season just sucks so damn much |I :smh:

Last edited:
got my Huey fix. Plot was kind of ridiculous but I liked how Huey finally got back on his grind, kicking butt, tossing in philosophy, even if a little shallow.

they have that Stinkmeaner episode dangling like a carrot to get people to cheer. I think his storyline got milked after his first appearance. 

so true. :smh:

that ep was such a classic.
huey's dream with the blind n_ samurai :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

Last edited:
This episode wasn't funny.

There was great potential and it failed.

Last edited:
This season :x :smh: :lol:

I thought the "McGruder is gone, this sucks" crowd would've at least been sort of happy with this one. This was definitely a throwback to McGruder's stash, even the animation looked older and didnt have that look the newer had.

got my Huey fix. Plot was kind of ridiculous but I liked how Huey finally got back on his grind, kicking butt, tossing in philosophy, even if a little shallow.

Right. The writing/pacing/subtleties and message were more noticeable in this one, but not as funny as other episodes.

I thought the "McGruder is gone, this sucks" crowd would've at least been sort of happy with this one. This was definitely a throwback to McGruder's stash, even the animation looked older and didnt have that look the newer had.
Right. The writing/pacing/subtleties and message were more noticeable in this one, but not as funny as other episodes.
I did. Agree 100%

This season :x :smh: :lol:

Because Rodney Barnes wrote this one. He co-wrote a lot in previous season. All the trash episodes this season have all been written by one black.

Barnes wrote this one and the Freedom Riders episode. The only two passable episode this season :smh:

This episode wasn't funny.

There was great potential and it failed.

Every episode isn't going to be funny and that's what some of you are forgetting. The Season 1 finale with Uncle Ruckus being a prophet and Huey's friend facing execution wasn't funny at all, but it was one of the best episodes this series has.

Just watched the freedomland episode, this one was actually good. Huey was killin ****.

All the episodes they made for this season should have atleast been on that level, bare minimum.

It just sucks that the only good episodes gotta be about slavery or segregation and not some funny random topic.

Episode was the best one so far this season, but after watching it I did feel some type of way. Between Grandad just losing his masculinity and the over usage of Ruckus throughout the show it really isn't enjoyable to watch anymore. Thank God for the scenes that huey actually spoke.

Episode was the best one so far this season, but after watching it I did feel some type of way. Between Grandad just losing his masculinity and the over usage of Ruckus throughout the show it really isn't enjoyable to watch anymore. Thank God for the scenes that huey actually spoke.
This is a problem. The show relying on outlandish characters is a gimmick and lets you know the show has jumped the shark. It was nice when Ruckus was given in dosages because of the type of character he is. It was a nice balance. You can't have the caricature all the time, it just makes the show look stupid. I'm hoping for less Ruckus, but I doubt that it's going to happen. I would tolerate it more if he was an original character. Shows how lazy the writing is.

This is a problem. The show relying on outlandish characters is a gimmick and lets you know the show has jumped the shark. It was nice when Ruckus was given in dosages because of the type of character he is. It was a nice balance. You can't have the caricature all the time, it just makes the show look stupid. I'm hoping for less Ruckus, but I doubt that it's going to happen. I would tolerate it more if he was an original character. Shows how lazy the writing is.
real talk man. im started to feel like the characters now. Ruckus is in my face too damn much and its really bothering me. plus is it me or are they making him more racist than he usually was?

They kinda confused me with ruckus

Last season he was cooln down the racist talk after that episode where his grandmom passed

Now this season this dude out here being a super sayin racist n ****

rewatched season 2 over the weekend

i'm so disappointed in how they're finishing off Boondocks.

Back
Top Bottom