The College Basketball Post

Never saw cuse going all the way....their offense was too poor and they were getting hella lucky during their streak

After further review, I'm not sold on this draft class at all, Jabari included.

Nobody, IMO, made a compelling enough case to be grouped in the same talent class as the '03 draft. So many franchise changers then and none right now.

I would actually be pooping bricks if I have the #1 pick. I'd rather pick in the middle of the lottery and get someone like a Doug McDermott, Harrell, or PJ Hairston.

Last edited:
Is Dayton over Stanford even an upset?

I haven't soured on the class. Comparisons to 03 are just unfair considering how those guys panned out. Jabari is going to be most effective as the Melo stretch 4 though. Not hype about him defending 3s in the league. Think he has Paul Pierce's foot speed now, not the foot speed of a young Paul Pierce.

Jerry West a couple weeks back was saying that he wasn't sold on this upcoming draft class calling it a poor draft

This draft has gone from overrated to underrated now, everybody is jumping out the window, there's no way you could think this is a "poor" draft. Last year was an example of a bad draft and Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Smart would have all went top 5 in it.

Last edited:
Jerry West a couple weeks back was saying that he wasn't sold on this upcoming draft class calling it a poor draft

This draft has gone from overrated to underrated now, everybody is jumping out the window, there's no way you could think this is a "poor" draft. Last year was an example of a bad draft and Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Smart would have all went top 5 in it.

People go through such extremes, if it isn't great then its automatically poor :smh:

People go through such extremes, if it isn't great then its automatically poor
mean.gif
It's definitely not poor, but I think he looks at it from the perspective that there is no hands downs surefire #1. I'm coming to terms that we live in the age of "upside" and "potential". That's what teams are hoping for nowadays. We probably won't know definitively about this draft class for a minimum of 3 years. 

Honestly, I'd have to see them all play in the league to even begin to see that. If they all played one year, it's hard to tell. 
I agree I wish I could see some of these one and done guys stay in school another year or two because just imagine how stack some of these programs would be If they stayed. But I respect it when they leave and try to get that money

In this draft class who do you guys feel has the biggest bust potential? 

Randle.

I don't think the brand of basketball he's played this year is going to translate to the pros. Can't see him bulldozing dudes night in and night out.

:frown:

I think he'll be fine once he starts to expand his game outside of the paint. I think Embiid has bust potential if he ends up in the wrong situation.

Problem is that people start rating potential NBA draft classes why too soon these days. Like when guys are high school juniors. High school prospects get so much hype now, they get labeled as disappointing when it's not clear they're going to be can't miss NBA stars.

Problem is that people start rating potential NBA draft classes why too soon these days. Like when guys are high school juniors. High school prospects get so much hype now, they get labeled as disappointing when it's not clear they're going to be can't miss NBA stars.
This is the issue. Years ago, there wasn't talk that early, even when it was obvious that the kid is NBA bound. There's too much money to be made by too many people for that now. 

I agree with the idea that AAU basketball is by and large responsible for accelerating this process. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom