The College Basketball Post

Yeah, I mean it's still early...but definitely worrisome considering what happened to Traylor and Mclemore...and then Selby...and then Cliff. Who knows. We will have to wait and see.
It happens to at least 1 UK guy almost every year,Skal still isn't cleared,the Twins weren't cleared until really late etc..It usually works out,well except for Kanter :lol:

Any idea of when the preseason rankings drop? Curious to see where the Hoosiers land. My boy Blackmon got hurt 
mean.gif
. Hopefully hes back in time for the season

Pretty sure this isn't what you were expecting but ESPN dropped their "No-Longer-Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 today.

http://es.pn/1MOwaHM

Way too ready for the season
nthat.gif
Hoosiers top 15 I'll take it.
nthat.gif

Shoutout to Collin Hartman my HS teammate too b

Trash squads? So salty.

Salty? Nah, my alma mater just won a National Championship, b. The hell am I salty for? :lol:

I personally don't find the last couple of Kansas squads to be elite/tier 1 squads. I especially think this upcoming squad is going to be buns and ripe for an upset in the Big 12 regular season.

*kanye shrug*

Trash squads? So salty.
Salty? Nah, my alma mater just won a National Championship, b. The hell am I salty for?
laugh.gif

I personally don't find the last couple of Kansas squads to be elite/tier 1 squads. I especially think this upcoming squad is going to be buns and ripe for an upset in the Big 12 regular season.

*kanye shrug*
What makes you say their squads haven't been elite/tier 1? And that they won't be good this year? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I respect yours, but on paper (I know, it's on paper), this team is supposed to be the best KU has had in the last 4-5 years.

Last edited:
What makes you say their squads haven't been elite/tier 1? And that they won't be good this year? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I respect yours, but on paper (I know, it's on paper), this team is supposed to be the best KU has had in the last 4-5 years.

Where are they getting their offense from? Who on the squad can go get buckets? Perry, Mason, Traylor and Selden can't and we don't even know if Diallo is going to be eligible.

The only thing they have going for them is experience but I wouldn't call this team A1 with talent.

Where are they getting their offense from? Who on the squad can go get buckets? Perry, Mason, Traylor and Selden can't and we don't even know if Diallo is going to be eligible.

The only thing they have going for them is experience but I wouldn't call this team A1 with talent.
All semi-fair points.

Regarding Mason and Selden though, I slightly disagree. Wayne Selden played extremely well in the World University Games this Summer, averaging around 20 PPG in 8 games. (KU went 8-0 in the WUG and 2-0 against two exhibitions against Canada) ...Frank Mason had 24 points just in the second half in one game against Canada. So, what I am saying is they have improved. They can get buckets...now, does that mean they constantly will? That question is yet to be answered. Perry Ellis is what he is. A solid college basketball player that will either give you 6 points or 20 points.

Other names to remember...Svi Mykhailiuk will play a big role this year and Brannen Greene was shooting 50% from 3 before getting injured last year.

I wouldn't call this team A1 with talent either. But, I don't think there are many teams that do have "A1 talent" this year. Maybe UNC and Maryland. Kentucky and Duke are both questionable because they're so young. Virginia will be good too. I'd definitely include KU in the top 5 this year.

Last edited:
The UK vs UNC alumni game rosters are starting to come together....Harrison Barnes and John Henson are confirmed for UNC,Cousins is confirmed for UK and Wall,MKG,Towns,and Davis have expressed interest in playing....

Obekpa to UNLV. I guess they paid him what he wanted.
Is he eligible this year? Their squad is lit

Edit: NVM, saw he is sitting out, sucks
The UK vs UNC alumni game rosters are starting to come together....Harrison Barnes and John Henson are confirmed for UNC,Cousins is confirmed for UK and Wall,MKG,Towns,and Davis have expressed interest in playing....
This should be interesting...

Last edited:
Obekpa and Goodluck in the front court? Block party.

Hopefully, Dequan Cook is healthy and gets to shine. And Dwayne Morgan hopefully lives up to his Rudy Gay/Reggie Williams comparisons this year.

I know my mans Psycho T better be playing fasho :pimp:

Last edited:

Hopefully, Dequan Cook is healthy and gets to shine. And Dwayne Morgan hopefully lives up to his Rudy Gay/Reggie Williams comparisons this year.
Always pulled for Daquan he seemed to be progressing then had an acl tear. Morgan has all the athletic talent just needs the skill.
Still need to see a Dave Rice coached team show consistency and growth, the freshmen from last year improved let's see this year.

Always pulled for Daquan he seemed to be progressing then had an acl tear. Morgan has all the athletic talent just needs the skill.
Still need to see a Dave Rice coached team show consistency and growth, the freshmen from last year improved let's see this year.
Every time I see UNLV mentioned im reminded of that bum Doolin that they had at pg :lol: :smh: ...pure struggle but at least he tried tho, he had to play all the mins since the rest of the pg's were hurt

Back
Top Bottom