The College Basketball Post

BWbq0XnCAAII1b_.jpg

It's always something corny every year...

Devin Thomas WF
Lacy NCSU
Daniel miller gt
Marcus georges hunt gt
Charles Mitchell Maryland

Those are some guys who might fly under the radar but will produce. My mind is slipping right now or id have some others to post

Last edited:
Tyus on getting Winslow to visit with them:

"I think it was kinda me doing it, talking with him about it, then the Duke coaches mentioned it as well and it worked out for all of us."

- We polled our various sources about where things stand with these two players. As everyone knows there has been a number of rumblings that various players favor different schools. From what we can gather there's are some components out there looking to maximize suspense. That doesn't mean that Duke is a shoe in (though they certainly seem to be way ahead for Jones) for the package deal, and there is some legitimate concern that Okafor or at least his camp may favor another option. However, he's constantly maintained an affection for Duke and K and has gone out of his way to shoot down negative recruiting which has clearly found its way to him. Still, if Duke lands Jones and once again lays out the program for Okafor (i.e. he'll be featured on a huge level at Duke), most sources seem to think that the big guy will have a very hard time saying no.

Looney is also considering Michigan State and Florida seriously. The most common thread we're hearing in this one is a Duke and Tennessee battle - probably in that order with the Gators also having a shot. The Spartans have been watching a number of other PFs recently.

I keep seeing that Looney likes the Vols a good deal , would be nice if UF could get him .

I'm going to the UCLA vs Duke game , I hope the Bruins can at least keep it close .

Last edited:
Thanks guys.....

Just picked up the online version of Blue Ribbon. Best $17 i've spent in a while.

2013-14 AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE
PRESEASON COACHES’ POLL
RankTeam (First-Place Votes)Pts.
1.Louisville (9) *81
2.UConn (1)69
3.Memphis68
4.Cincinnati58
5.Temple40
6.SMU39
7.Houston28
8.USF27
9.UCF24
10.Rutgers16
2013-14 AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE
PRESEASON INDIVIDUAL HONORS
Preseason Player of the Year
Russ Smith, G, Sr., Louisville

Preseason Rookie of the Year
Keith Frazier, G, Fr., SMU

Preseason All-Conference Teams
First Team
Sean Kilpatrick, G, Cincinnati
Shabazz Napier, G, UConn *
Chane Behanan, F, Louisville
Russ Smith, G, Louisville *
Joe Jackson, G, Memphis *
Second Team
Isaiah Sykes, G, UCF
Ryan Boatright, G, UConn
TaShawn Thomas, F, Houston
Montrezl Harrell, F, Louisville
Anthony Collins, G, USF
Victor Rudd, F, USF
* unanimous selection

2013 Big East Pre-season Coaches Poll:

(First place votes in parentheses)

1. Marquette, 74 points (5)

2. Georgetown, 70 (2)

3. Creighton, 61 (1)

4. Villanova, 58

5. St. John's, 56 (2)

6. Providence, 41

7. Xavier, 38

8. Seton Hall, 20

9. Butler, 19

10. DePaul, 13

Preseason All-Big East First Team

Markel Starks, Georgetown (Sr., G)

Davante Gardner, Marquette (Sr., F)

Bryce Cotton, Providence (Sr., G)

D'Angelo Harrison, St. John's (Jr., G)

Semaj Christon, Xavier (So., G)

Second Team

Cleveland Melvin, DePaul (Sr., F)

Jamil Wilson, Marquette (Sr., F)

JaKarr Sampson, St. John's (So., F)

Fuquan Edwin, Seton Hall (Sr., G/F)

Ryan Arcidiacono, Villanova (So., G)

JayVaughn Pinkston, Villanova (Jr., F)

Preseason All-Big East Honorable Mentions:

Kadeem Batts, Providence (Sr., F)

Chris Obkepa, St. John's (So., C)

SEC Player Of The Year: Julius Randle - Kentucky

First-Team All-SEC
Trevor Releford - Alabama, G, 6-0, 190, Sr., Kansas City, Mo.
Julius Randle - Kentucky, F, 6-9, 250, Fr., Dallas, Texas
Johnny O'Bryant III - LSU, F , 6-9 , 256 , Jr. , Cleveland, Miss.
Marshall Henderson - Ole Miss, G, 6-2, 177, Sr., Hurst, Texas
Jordan McRae - Tennessee, G, 6-6, 185, Sr., Midway, Ga.

Second-Team All-SEC
Scottie Wilbekin - Florida, G, 6-2, 176, Sr., Gainesville, Fla.
Patric Young - Florida, C, 6-9, 240, Sr., Jacksonville, Fla.
Willie Cauley-Stein - Kentucky, F, 7-0, 244, So., Olathe, Kan.
Andrew Harrison - Kentucky, G, 6-6, 215, Fr., Richmond, Texas
Dakari Johnson - Kentucky, C, 7-0, 265, Fr., Brooklyn, N.Y.
Jabari Brown - Missouri, G, 6-5, 214, Jr., Oakland, Calif.
Jeronne Maymon - Tennessee, F, 6-8, 260, Sr., Madison, Wis.
Jarnell Stokes - Tennessee, F, 6-8, 260, Jr., Memphis, Tenn.

Preseason Media Poll -- Pts
Kentucky (21) -- 371
Florida (5) -- 353
Tennessee (1) -- 320
LSU -- 270
Missouri -- 262
Alabama -- 257
Ole Miss -- 216
Arkansas -- 197
Texas A&M -- 139
Vanderbilt -- 125
Georgia -- 119
South Carolina -- 108
Mississippi State -- 59
Auburn -- 39
First-Place Votes in Parentheses

I really don't know how you can look at Georgetown without Whittington and Porter and think that is the second best team in the conference. I just do not see that at all.

We'll see but I'm encouraged. Andy Katz said he looked fantastic when he visited practice about 10 days ago.

Regardless, best case scenario is what 25 minutes a game from him? I just think they are really going to struggle to score.

Boston College should be much improved this year.

Olivier Hanlan and Ryan Anderson is a nice 1-2.

And I'm more excited to see Rodney Hood then Jabari.

Last edited:
How they got Dakari Johnson on 2nd team All SEC and he won't even start?

I know dudes like Marshall Henderson feelin' that ether with Randle getting pre-season POY.

Quite the long, hard fall from grace for Mr. Page:

It was less than 20 years when Victor Page was one of the best college basketball players in the country. He was an All-American, the Big East Tournament MVP, and raked among the top scorers in Georgetown history.

Then he left college after two seasons – and went undrafted. Page tried to latch on with the Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves, but was asked to leave from both camps. He played in the CBA and the NBDL, but things have gone downhill very quickly the past few years.

A feature in Tuesday's Washington Times reported that Page has been charged with 33 crimes in Maryland and Washington D.C. over the last three and a half years, while being jailed nine separate times.

The most recent conviction occurred last month, when Page was sentenced to 10 years in jail for second-degree assault.

The paper obtained a statement of probable cause that detailed what happened in the early morning hours of Feb. 8:

“The suspect jumped out of bed, pulled the victim's hair tearing it from the scalp. He then dragged her to the bathroom, throwing her into the tub and running hot water on her while punching the victim repeatedly in the face.

“The suspect then ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife and stabbed the victim on her right hand and right thigh. The victim then ran outside as the suspect chased her with the knife and stated he was going to kill her.”

Page, a 6-foot-3 guard from Washington D.C., is fifth all-time in Georgetown history for scoring average. He put up 17.1 points per game during his two seasons.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...r-victor-page-sentenced-to-10-years-in-prison

Back
Top Bottom