The College Basketball Post

Athletes should retaliate with their play. Or words at worst. I've defended Marcus Smart, the player. But the person should know better. It looks bad and the media will twist it.

If the fan shoved first, different story. Smart got physical first in a verbal joust.

But what is a "regular setting"? Just curious if players were allowed to react physically to fans, what/where is the line? To me it's racial slurs otherwise what about the BS chants from fans? Or boo's? Those don't occur in a "regular setting".

Marcus Smart will be a late 1st rounder now.

Idiot
go to a better team. Win. Hell, he might fall all the way to us. But yea, he claims he was called a "***** *****"

ESPN spazzing :lol: :smh:

some fans think they have the right to do whatever they want though... im not even mad at the way smart reacted

@GottliebShow: Jeff Orr to a #TexasTech friend of mine via text "I kinda let my mouth say something I shouldn't have,I feel bad" #MarcusSmart

Fan claim he didn't say the N word but why would he admit that? That's public suicide on his part (not saying he's lying tho)

Last edited:
Leaving out the house and heard espn compare smart to ron artest situation years ago.

Man smh

& **** Tim welsh.

Last edited:
What world do these commentators that say "I don't care what the guy said, you don't physically confront someone over words" live in?

People get physically confronted over the wrong words all the time.

What world do these commentators that say "I don't care what the guy said, you don't physically confront someone over words" live in?

People get physically confronted over the wrong words all the time.

Exactly why i said **** tim welsh. Not to make this a race thing but he has no idea what it means to be called the n word. Not saying smart was called that but for him to say that was a little ignorant. But im not surprised.

So many technicalities in dougs tweets...dude low key be trolling lol

Marcus just gotta learn from this ****...cant give these folks the pleasure they want...gotta beat em at their own game

Freedom of speech huh?

Some of you all clearly don't know what it is. You aren't allowed to say whatever you want, whenever you want. The NCAA is allowed to ban profane language at schools or they can ban it b/c the words can possibly be heard on tv(small chance). If they did, the fan wouldn't be able to do anything about it. And at private schools, they can ban it b/c its a private institution.

The NBA has banned and suspended several fans for their verbal behavior. Has anyone ever heard of the NCAA doing this? I haven't. They are gutless and don't protect its players. Sure the guy paid for a ticket, but there is a line you don't cross. I've been to dozens of ncaa games and fans can be disgusting. Whereas the NBA there's boos, cheers and mocking. College hoop fans take it personal.

Smart is in the wrong, but the NCAA, the refs and the fan are to blame as well.

Smart should be suspended, but this guy should be banned for life. The NCAA should set a precedent that they will not allow this crap, but I highly doubt they will. They only care about donors

Marcus is lucky he didn't throw that haymaker.

Now that would have been RIP to his draft stock.

I'll be surprised by anything more than 5 games.

& he shouldn't slip out of the lottery (even in this deep draft).

Last edited:
But people were saying he's any animal and should be suspended multiple games meanwhile you have 40+ fans spurting racist remarks at 19-20yr old kids. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom