The Combat Jack Show Thread

So those Fugee albums don't exist? Let's not act like she wasn't the highlight during that run. And if we're going to a) discredit her work on those due to being group efforts or b) knock her for only one solo...then we have to do the same for a certain rapper from Atlanta who's widely considered a rap god by most.

:lol: you can call out 3 Stacks. Doesn't phase me none. Outkast's run was wayyy better than Fugees, and Stacks at least does the occasional feature. I haven't heard a damn thing from LH since unplugged. And 3K acts and does other stuff. LH is just lazy. :lol:

Yeah, Joe really listened extensively to that Drake song. :lol: It made me appreciate the song more, but some of it I think it was Joe over analyzing it.

and Wyclef was the highlight, because he was the vision beyond Lauryn's bars. Lauryn was a good rapper on Blunted, but the music didn't add up.

I think people forget how good The Carnival was. How acclaimed it was and how much it sold. She tried to prove to Wyclef and everyone she could do it alone. So she tried to take credit for more than she did on Miseducation. She had some great producers and writers who had to sue to get credit.

Was Cardi B better than she was on Tax, because she was terrible on Tax.

Last edited:
I think it looks bad. Especially when he says stuff that's not the way it happen.

And Rory had to tell him it doesn't mean it has to be true, if people think it is or sounds good or funny. I'm like come on bro. You're letting Drake get to you already.

Why ****** acting like Cardi just trash?

She's a stripper that turned her life around and uses her platform, however small it may be, to tell these would-be thots to take a better route than she did. I can respect that. :smokin

she's not "trash" but it just seems like a reach for combat jack . cardi should be on desus and mero or tax season , the hell is combat gonna talk to cardi about ?

I'm skipping this one . ep by ep combat is losing me :smh:

He's had a plethora of social media celebrities as guests , and you choose to get mad at this one? :lol: I think its actually a good look for Combat, I'm not tryna hear Cardi on Desus and Mero just cracking jokes that BX people would get, and she's been on Tax before. I say that to say, Id rather hear Cardi B on Combat than a Feminista Jones

Joe Budden has severe mental health issues, or he's just doing it for the podcast. So what if Drake got at him,
there not even close to the same level popularity wise. I'm more surprised he got at Nicki like that, which was
a valid point. Who cares anyway , she doesn't write her own music and either does Drake.

Joe Budden has severe mental health issues, or he's just doing it for the podcast. So what if Drake got at him,
there not even close to the same level popularity wise. I'm more surprised he got at Nicki like that, which was
a valid point. Who cares anyway , she doesn't write her own music and either does Drake.

Why does this matter?

Yeah, I couldn't disagree more. He said he likes the song and if the other song is a diss song, he will respond. Why wouldn't he respond? I think Drake is stupid to even address Budden but I hope he does. Drake is definitely much bigger than Budden and rap right now but Budden said it best, he's never beefed with a real MC.

Last edited:
Tax was treading carefully with YG. You could tell he wanted no drama. Got tired of listening to Tax slurping the West. Just sounded fake

I haven't finished it

Tax tries to do some research now at least

The Nicki thing threw me off also

He seemed overly cautious at offending people at first with the podcast, and that sort of came out of the blue. It's ok to diss him in a song, but not dismiss him :lol:

and of course I went to Boxden earlier and the headline was as expected by Rory, about Nicki.

I think he's doing it for the podcast. Like how he randomly threw in Chris Brown.

He was on point about Chris Brown though. He's obviously on something. He makes videos where he's tweeking and can't stay still. When he made the video saying he didn't get kicked off the plane, but his man had already said they had :smh: I wonder what he's thinking when you see people like Michael Jackson, Whitney and Prince die, because I doubt he makes it 30 years the way he's going.

Wait did anybody catch Joe say Big Sean and Jhene might be a real thing because Sean likes little girl bodies :rofl:

He had some good ones :rofl:

and some of the shots at Madi

That was an episode I needed to be in my car for. I have't laughed that much listening to Joe's podcast in months.

The whole mood changed when YG came through. That's just YG though he ain't for the sucka bs.

Joe jumped out the window with the shots this week. I like it.

Yea i think YG aint really feeling Taxs energy and jokes

When he asked him if him moms was really influential in his life

YG was like thats my moms :rofl: :rofl:

YG sounded like he didn't want to answer any questions.:lol:

'Whats poppin' though, what's goin' on?'

I felt like he was pressing me through my headphones.:rofl:

Last edited:
that's just how yg is, he's like that in every interview

he has really short answers

tax was stuttering tho

yg ain't worried bout tax

Back