The Combat Jack Show Thread

That was Schulz argument. Then he asked for stats, and literally said "these are facts, you're talking to someone who actually took statistics". I lost it at that part. Any person who's taken stats knows that stats aren't fact. Dude read what was found in a Google search and ran with it without bothering to question the source of the statistics themselves, or the inherent degree of error within the numbers. Yet he tried to pull his cohost's card on some intelligence steeze. Dude is impossible.
This lost me, too. Son was bragging about some stats class he probably took in undergrad 12 years ago, and still not applying statistics properly.

Dude is just pompous. One of those people who never admits to being wrong and just speaks over you when he's losing a debate.

"what ever happened to 90's goon names like Fabian and Sayquan"

"tell me about your fears you look scared, a lot"

"you have a fragile frame man I understand things happen"

"me on the other hand I was designed for violence"

"my body was built for war"

:rofl: :rofl:

Big Body Bes x Tax episode huh?

Legendary :lol:

Big Body Bes has one of the best episodes on Tax. :rofl:

that's why ctg should've did a pod with either tax or van

think I'm unsubbing these boys

they had a great chance to be the best pod

of all the people ctg knows he linked wth this goof

you allow someone to feel important and then they don't know how to act

schultz really thinks him and ctg are on the same playing field
thats what ctg wants tho . he wants an opposing opinion to spark tense dialog . it gets the listener engaged . just look at how annoyed we are after a shulz argument but at least we're talking about it . and for a while it was working , but now its starting to sound like noise . 

thats what ctg wants tho . he wants an opposing opinion to spark tense dialog . it gets the listener engaged . just look at how annoyed we are after a shulz argument but at least we're talking about it . and for a while it was working , but now its starting to sound like noise . 

you can oppose and make sense and articulate why you feel that way

schultz not even listening to the convo

he takes convos and turns em into his personal rants and just repeats his stance while talking I've your retort

I'm done with em

Can it be argued that religiosity an indicator of homophobia? Yes. But you cannot call a statistic "facts", as he did while not questioning things such as sample sizes/where the sample came from/how religiosity is determined/degree of error/etc. That's literally what Schulz did and it comes off as idiotic on his part because he says "you're talking to someone who's taken statistics, these are statistics. It's fact" But, as always, we can agree to disagree fam.

Can it be argued that religiosity an indicator of homophobia? Yes. But you cannot call a statistic "facts", as he did while not questioning things such as sample sizes/where the sample came from/how religiosity is determined/degree of error/etc. That's literally what Schulz did and it comes off as idiotic on his part because he says "you're talking to someone who's taken statistics, these are statistics. It's fact" But, as always, we can agree to disagree fam.

Fair.

But for arguing purposes, Shulz backed up what he was saying with research. He misspoke when labeling it as "fact" though. He meant "research". But I think that was more a rebuttal to CTG's counter arguments, and Charlamagne raising his tone. If you listen closely, this was one of the few times where Shulz started off as the really calm one, and CTG was the excited, non educated one. Most times, Charlamage has Shulz beat in arguments on topics like this. This time, Shulz had him....and it was clear as day to an unbiased listener. I perfectly understand the origins and layers of white supremacy and Christianity. But that wasn't the argument.

CTG really didn't understand what Shulz was saying initially. And brought straw man arguments to the table. I listened to it pretty intently since I found it an intersting topic...and this is the first time in a while that they have been on completely opposite sides of a heated argument.

I RARELY listen to Brilliant idiots. This one was entertaining.

Last edited:
I'll give that ep another listen to at some point. It's been the most discussed TBI episode discussed in here from what I can recall. 
laugh.gif

I almost had to pull over on the side of the road when my dude said they seen Stagga Lee outside of a pizza hut asking for a cigarette. Tears, fam. 
roll.gif

Fair.

But for arguing purposes, Shulz backed up what he was saying with research. He misspoke when labeling it as "fact" though. He meant "research". But I think that was more a rebuttal to CTG's counter arguments, and Charlamagne raising his tone. If you listen closely, this was one of the few times where Shulz started off as the really calm one, and CTG was the excited, non educated one. Most times, Charlamage has Shulz beat in arguments on topics like this. This time, Shulz had him....and it was clear as day to an unbiased listener. I perfectly understand the origins and layers of white supremacy and Christianity. But that wasn't the argument.

CTG really didn't understand what Shulz was saying initially. And brought straw man arguments to the table. I listened to it pretty intently since I found it an intersting topic...and this is the first time in a while that they have been on completely opposite sides of a heated argument.

I RARELY listen to Brilliant idiots. This one was entertaining.

Chatty took the wrong angle on Shulz argument and then they started arguing semantics. Then it just got stupid.

Last edited:
still don't agree

Schultz called ctg a dummy and proclaimed he didn't understand stats

schultz literally just pulled the same move with immortal just way less disrespectful

and no, schultz is not right about the idea black people are more likely to be homophobic based off religion at all

homophobia is not disagreeing with gay people's actions, it's flat out being terrified of them or using their sexuality to be violent towards them

and on top of that ctg said they can't continue to not listen to each other and schultz argued thru that

Last edited:
Marc Lemont Hill in Combat Jack, I can't get with the other Hotep's but I can listen to Hill.

Yes, they address the term "Hoteps" too

MLH is another guy I wish would go on TBI to bring a bit of knowledge to that show. I'll try to listen to the Conbat episode though.

Last edited:
First Jack episode I'm interested in listening to in a while.

still don't agree

schultz literally just pulled the same move with immortal just way less disrespectful

and no, schultz is not right about the idea black people are more likely to be homophobic based off religion at all

homophobia is not disagreeing with gay people's actions, it's flat out being terrified of them or using their sexuality to be violent towards them

and on top of that ctg said they can't continue to not listen to each other and schultz argued thru that
The ***** was still arguing about statistics as Charlemagne was talking about the quality of the show. Son really does not listen.:lol:

Statistics are statistics. I can google statistics to support damn near any argument I want to make. Schulz just didn't seem to get that correlation =/= causation. Just because we say more black people are religious (which is a flawed argument in itself) you can't automatically make the jump to homophobia and make an assumption on a group based on their religious numbers. I'm sure their are studies that illustrate homophobia in the black community better than a poll on religion in the black community would.

This is why I can't listen to this podcast. I find myself yelling at them because they just aren't good at debating at all. Maybe the format of the show should be adjusted.

I think it's just the disrespect and condescension that got to him. Schulz can know he's flat out wrong, and still be pompous and disrespectful. I'll never understand how Charlemagne lets that dude talk to him that way.

Last edited:
To be fair, they've both had their spats of disrespect towards one another. Says something about their friendship that they can continue to do the show. I've heard episodes where Ctg literally shouts at Schulz and said "Shut the **** up Schulz" :lol:

Don't think an episode of TBI has been discussed for nearly two weeks before. :lol:

Marc Lemont Hill in Combat Jack, I can't get with the other Hotep's but I can listen to Hill.

Yes, they address the term "Hoteps" too

I lost respect for Lamont Hill with him doing Love and Hip Hop hosting

It was bad enough he was on Fixed News. He seems like he'll do anything for a check or moment on TV.

still don't agree

Immortal was better with the rebuttal and also not putting up with Schulz BS.

and I hate how that term is misused.

To be fair, they've both had their spats of disrespect towards one another. Says something about their friendship that they can continue to do the show. I've heard episodes where Ctg literally shouts at Schulz and said "Shut the **** up Schulz"
laugh.gif

Don't think an episode of TBI has been discussed for nearly two weeks before.
laugh.gif
ctg called him "idiot" instead of calling him schulz once , i lost it 
laugh.gif

im solely listening to tbi this ep to hear ctg explain this drake pic 

Last edited:
Joint probably be three hours long and the over all argument will be about the percentage of people that have ever changed their perceptions on something/someone. :lol:

that's what's hard about not listening to the show for me

ctg is engrained in the mindless entertainment I prefer

he's front row in most rap related topics

It was bad enough he was on Fixed News. He seems like he'll do anything for a check or moment on TV.

I don't understand his infatuation with "pop culture", throws off everything he's talking about. Like does he really
think reality shows and following worthless celebs is the wave? A shout-out to Bill O Riley at the end also? Wtf!!

Second part of the show was more my speed anyway.

I don't understand his infatuation with "pop culture", throws off everything he's talking about. Like does he really
think reality shows and following worthless celebs is the wave? A shout-out to Bill O Riley at the end also? Wtf!!

Second part of the show was more my speed anyway.
Was the other guest worth listening to? I deleted the episode when the main interview ended.

Back
Top Bottom