The Combat Jack Show Thread

Hov on Drink champs would be legendary, would be hilarious to see jay in that type of environment. Bet we get some cool random stories from that era and I think only Nore could get those out.

Y'all are killing me with this Hov / Drink Champs scenarios :rofl:

It's crazy because that's EXACTLY how it would go :rofl:

"Ok now Hov...Memph Bleek hopped on my track...I got a new track...can I get you to commit to jumping on my track? It's only right got dammit, give it up for Hov jumping on my track"

"Now Hov...we had fat joe on the podcast months ago...and we talked about how we use to run trains. Jay do you remember when we ran that train on the Roc the Mic tour? You don't have to answer that question, give it up for Hov being political"

2ebdggj.jpg

This is the Budden podcast I've been waiting on. Mad music talk on this one. The **** with Mal and Jay was funny. Happy to hear them sh*t on that Frank album too.

Star is on Tax? I'll definitely listen to that next.

Jay and NORE never been that cool. Jay reached out to Tax and asked to meet him. I see him doing Tax over NORE.

Last edited:
Rick Ross is on Drink Champs Friday. It will be interesting if Nore gets him out of Rosay mode. He does it in spurts where he goes out of character. I normally hate his interviews. He gives you nothing.

It could be wack, it could be interesting.

Lmaoooo @ joe pulling out a laptop in the middle of the strip club and writing out rhymes [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Sleep. Ross makes for great interviews because his head-of-the-black-mod/biggest-boss-you've-seen-thus-far/ceo-of-the-untouchable-maybach-music-empire/biggest-goon-on-the-planet-but-i-just-happen-to-like-wingstop shtick is the most inadvertently funniest thing we have in the game.

I remember when he was catching heat from the GD's. Homie was in rare form. This performance is Oscar worthy.

If we could get anything on par with "you let the lions in", we'd be set. :lol:

Sleep. Ross makes for great interviews because his head-of-the-black-mod/biggest-boss-you've-seen-thus-far/ceo-of-the-untouchable-maybach-music-empire/biggest-goon-on-the-planet-but-i-just-happen-to-like-wingstop shtick is the most inadvertently funniest thing we have in the game.

I remember when he was catching heat from the GD's. Homie was in rare form. This performance is Oscar worthy.

If we could get anything on par with "you let the lions in", we'd be set. :lol:
Aight, you just convinced me to be excited. That **** was hilarious.:rofl:

Interesting that son said all music under Universal would be on all streaming. No more exclusives.

Interesting that son said all music under Universal would be on all streaming. No more exclusives.
It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Lucian Grainge, by all accounts, is the utmost powerful authority in the entire music business. At the absolute top of the pecking order. He's the one that said "No more exclusives" after the Frank Ocean ****.

Apple Music is basically Jimmy Iovine's baby. So that's two incredibly powerful people up against each other.

Last edited:
No idea how some of y'all rock with Star.....

I don't know the dude, I know he use to do his thing on NYC radio, but I didn't grow up listening to son. I listened to Hot97. But me not knowing him, and listening to the first 20 mins of his tax episode, I already don't like him. He gives me a bad vibe

I will say NORE is a good friend, because I don't even think Tru himself believed all the praise that was coming out NORE's mouth. :lol:

NORE: we always ask this question, but who was your favorite CEO.

Jay: Me

NORE: ohhhhh Hov just stunted on us. Let's make some noise for Jay just stunting on us.

13.jpg

Looks like the Dame and Drink Champs ep is being recorded this wknd.

And I dare y'all to take a shot every time Ross say, We all bosses.

That was the best Joe in a minute. Joe needs more people like Mal in his life. Joe never knew he was corny or comes off that way? I think it's because he's so open, so his L's are for the public and hard to forget.

Jay's saying oh you're with him :lol:

Yeah, I think they saw the writing on the wall. These artist are trying to do back door deals. If you don't have a 360, the artist benefits by getting exclusive money up front, but it cuts Universal out from being able to stream on Spotify/Pandora/Tidal/Google over that one or two weeks.

Eventually Apple is probably going to try and gobble up artist.

I saw today that Spotify is hemorrhaging money even though they have a big share. Labels want them to equal Apple's cut, which will cause Spotify to lose even more.

No idea how some of y'all rock with Star.....

Yeah, I can't rock with dude. He's a professional troll. He's worse than Wendy Williams to me.

Lmaoooo @ joe pulling out a laptop in the middle of the strip club and writing out rhymes [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I actually can see that, but it's crazy he doesn't make strip or club music.

Last edited:
I see everyone praising this Joe ep, haven't peeped it. Are Mal and Ice going to be regs on there now? Surprised it took him that long to bring them into the fold. Them his OG yes men, way before Rory came into the picture. :lol: Him and Mal used to do the vlog **** way back during his Joe budden tv days. Guess since they don't stay with him no more, they can check him.

Wasn't star threatening to snitch on Tax and everybody involved, behind the Troy Ave incident? I'm guessing they didn't address that huh? Or was that all part of his trolling shtick? :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom