The Combat Jack Show Thread

It's not even a competition.

I can't even listen to Juan Ep anymore. Its all about the hosts. Rosenberg is so damn corny. And that isn't a problem, until you try too hard to earn your keep. Just ask the questions we want to hear.

Then you got Ciph sleeping. How are you that heavy in hip hop and haven't heard this album? If not for personal reasons, the least you could do is spend 35 minutes listening to the album in preparation.:smh:

Last edited:
The Sadat X interview was good. You can tell the wine kicked in.

Upset the Puba one didn't happen. He's one of the most unappreciated rappers. Reel To Reel was such a let down that stalled his career. He should have outsourced the production.

Didn't even listen to the Strawberry one.

Listened to the Salaam Remi Juan Epstein, and came to the conclusion that they never finish an interview, because they're the ones doing 50% of the talking.

Sadat x was cool , finishing up the jezzy one and whoo kid is up next . I really want them to interview Steve stoute aka silk scarf hands even though that's gonna be next to impossible

^ because of combat's history with stoute i dont think that one will ever happen . id like to see fat joe or irv gotti next , then maybe rakim or even eric b on some memory lane _

I'm almost finished the Ras Kass one. Slept on rapper, and one of my favorites. Good interview.

I'd like to hear Fat Joe, he has a lot of stories and has seen a lot...from 80's BX, DITC...

Ras kass interview was good I liked the freestyle he spit at the end too. Whoo Kidd had me rolling , jezzy was a good listen. Bout to fire up the dame dash one and Russell Simmons ones next

I'm almost finished the Ras Kass one. Slept on rapper, and one of my favorites. Good interview.

I'd like to hear Fat Joe, he has a lot of stories and has seen a lot...from 80's BX, DITC...
Fat joe is low key one of the best people to interview. Dude is like the best story teller period. 

Btw, I like how Ras Kass mentioned the Chino XL thing. And how he wouldn't send shots at someone else on a track with someone else. I wish more rappers followed that.

J. Cole up next.:pimp:

I remember when these dudes used to just do full shows of banter. They've come a long way.

Still miss Dallas, though.:frown:

i can't listen to Juan Epstein.

they sound like they're trying too hard.

J. Cole up next.:pimp:

I remember when these dudes used to just do full shows of banter. They've come a long way.

Still miss Dallas, though.:frown:

i feel the same exact way...

but no Dallas Penn really makes me appreciate Premium Pete more

Yeah, Pete has a lot to offer, too. He really stepped it up.

The way Dallas would connect with interviewees from Brooklyn, though. That MOP interview was so dope.

Dallas was hit or miss to me. Can't say I was much of a fan. After the Trayvon/Zimmerman stuff I was done with him. He doesn't know when to troll.

Dallas was hit or miss to me. Can't say I was much of a fan. After the Trayvon/Zimmerman stuff I was done with him. He doesn't know when to troll.
Agreed. He went too far on the Trayvon thing. I could definitely see why some didn't like him and at times I felt like he was taking away from the show.

Yea Dallas was cool but he was outta pocket with the Trayvon thing. I knew he was done on the show after that

Can't remember the quote word for word but it did get him suspended if I'm not mistaken. Forgot which pod it was

Freddie Gibbs one I thibk

Last edited:
went back and checked for stuff i had glimpsed over before . jessica rosenblum joint is one of my favorites now 

So CIpha didn't know that he was only temporary in Angie's slot and Angie would take her fans with her :lol:

I think Rosenberg is starting to see he needs to be less loyal.

And Rosenberg talking about trying to charge for their podcast :stoneface:

Can't remember the quote word for word but it did get him suspended if I'm not mistaken. Forgot which pod it was

Freddie Gibbs one I thibk

I think it was when they were trying to get sponsorships or they were under someone, because someone else was calling for it. I don't think it was Loud Speakers Network.

I think it might have caused some issues behind the scenes, because I noticed that whoever they were f*ckin with went away.

Was this during the Complex time also?

I remember Dallas said it one episode, and then Combat talked about it another episode and how the powers that be wanted Combat to do something and how they wanted him suspended. Then when he came back he said the same nonsense. As if he didn't know what he did wrong. Then he started whining about it not being for him and he might leave.

Dudes a 40 something year old big kid.

Back
Top Bottom