The Cop Shooting So Horrific It Cost $5 Million To Hide

its already corny 
grin.gif

so long as you get used to seeing these threads cuz they arent going to stop
I'm already use to new threads being made on NT everyday. You're not special in that regard.

Not even the first dude that'd attempt to make as much threads as possible everyday on NT.
like i said you call it bigotry i call it righteous indignation, call me a bigot all you want to till ur fingers cramp up, it doesnt change the fact that white people and white supremacy are the problem, not me making threads on nt
Any person that believes their prejudice is justified is a bigot. A spade is a spade b. Get used to it.

You can try to deflect from it by bringing up other stuff nobody is arguing against but that doesn't change anything either.
you can hope and pray all you want to and make allusions to ppl acting however you want

but just know that im not going to change and im going to make my opinion on white supremacy/racism known
I don't pray and I won't hope you change. Most bigots think they're right and are fine with being bigots. I know that.
Surprised that nobody has posted the gif yet.
Son making so many it's hard to keep up for the ppl who post it :lol:

Last edited:
You understand the story yet your biggest concern is the semantics of the thread title. Like your only objection worth noting is that somehow the city and the police are being misportrayed in the title. true colors shining through, thank you for that.
you always on some other **** in all these threads.  True colors shining because I came in the thread expecting to read about how a city paid cover up or hush money to 'hide a shooting?' 
indifferent.gif
  A city settled, publicly, for $5M, with the family, who valued their loved one's life at that price, for a shooting...sit down

Same dudes complaining about Op's threads I see. They have the choice to ignore, but they enter and post anyway. Interesting...

[h1]  Chicago leaders urge calm before police shooting video released[/h1]
[h2]Chicago (CNN) - Leaders in Chicago are calling for calm ahead of the expected release of a video that reportedly shows a white police officer shooting a black teenager 16 times.[/h2]

Laquan McDonald was walking down a Chicago street the night of October 20, 2014, carrying a 4-inch knife and behaving erratically, authorities said.
A police officer told the 17-year-old to drop the knife, but he didn't listen and the officer fired on him out of fear for his life, according to a police union spokesman.

On Thursday, a judge in Chicago ordered the city to release by this Wednesday the police dashcam video that shows the shooting. For months, the city has fought attempts to have the video released to the public, saying it could jeopardize any ongoing investigation.

"Chicago is on the tipping point," the Rev. Roosevelt Watkins said, according to CNN affiliate WLS."We could be just like Ferguson."

Watkins was referring to  Ferguson, Missouri,  which imploded in protests and riots after a white police officer shot to death unarmed black teen Michael Brown in 2014. Unrest in the St. Louis suburb lasted for weeks.

Initially Chicago city officials tried to prevent the release of the video. But Cook County Judge Franklin Valderrama denied a request by the city's attorneys to issue a stay in his decision while they appeal to the Illinois Appellate Court.

The officer who shot McDonald, Jason Van ****, has not faced charges and still works for the police department in a "limited duty position."
[h3]'Protests are imminent'[/h3]
On Monday, Mayor Rahm Emanuel met with various activists and community leaders to discuss the release of the video and what it might mean for the city.

His office has not released details on when or how it plans to release the video. But some in the city are bracing for protests and unrest.

John Kass, a columnist for the Chicago Tribune, said the video  "could tear Chicago apart."

"Many in my community feel betrayed," Rev. Ira Acree, a pastor at the Greater St. John Bible Church, told reporters after meeting with the mayor. "Protests are imminent."

He said that Emanuel put pressure on him and others to try to use their influence to help make sure those demonstrations are peaceful.

"We're hoping that these protests and demonstrations will be peaceful. We know they are coming," said Acree. "If there would be no protest, that would mean that we have become immune to this madness."

Dean Angelo, the president of the Chicago Fraternal Order of Police, told CNN affiliate WBBM  he is concerned protesters from outside the city may converge to "disrupt and cause problems."

"This is my city. We all live here," Angelo said. "I'm concerned about the safety of my officers. I'm concerned about the safety of the civilian population. ... I think local people don't want to see their neighborhoods damaged."
[h3]'Graphic, disturbing and difficult to watch'[/h3]
Almost everyone who has seen the video says the images are graphic and show McDonald being repeatedly shot while lying on the ground. The video reportedly shows McDonald's body palpitating quickly several times, consistent with shots striking. Even defense attorneys for the officer involved admit the video is not easy to watch.

"The video is graphic, disturbing and difficult to watch, as any video of a man being shot to death would be," Daniel Herbert, the officer's attorney, told the Chicago Tribune.

Herbert told CNN on Friday that before his death, McDonald had "punctured a tire on a police car."

"At the point which my client confronted Mr. McDonald, my client was aware of the fact that the individual (McDonald) had not complied with numerous police orders to drop the knife," Herbert said.

Herbert defended Van ****'s actions, saying the officer "believed he was in fear for an attack and for the safety of anyone else on the scene."

Mayor Emanuel's office issued a statement Thursday afternoon criticizing the officer.

"Police officers are entrusted to uphold the law, and to provide safety to our residents. In this case unfortunately, it appears an officer violated that trust at every level."

After spending months trying to keep the video from becoming public, the city abruptly announced it would not appeal the judge's decision that the video should be released by November 25. The statement expressed hope that prosecutors would have time to finish their investigation so "Chicago can begin to heal."

Thursday's decision was the result of a Freedom of Information Act request filed earlier this year by freelance journalist Brandon Smith. Smith's attorneys applauded the decision.

"There's a tremendous public interest in this," an attorney for Smith said. "The public should not be at the mercy of when the police department dictates the video should be released."
[h3]Investigating the case[/h3]
Authorities said in April that a joint investigation into McDonald's death would be conducted by federal and state authorities, spearheaded by the Chicago branch of the FBI.

CNN reached out to the U.S. attorney's office investigating the case, which said it had nothing new to report since the April announcement.

The Cook County State Attorney's office would not comment to CNN.

Herbert, Van ****'s attorney, would not speak with CNN about which authorities are investigating the shooting.

"He's scared to death, but more than himself he's scared for his wife, his two kids," Herbert said of Van ****. "He knows in his heart of hearts that his actions were appropriate."

The city has already reached a settlement with McDonald's family, agreeing in April to pay $5 million, though the family had not filed a lawsuit.

McDonald was a ward of the state at the time of his death, according to a spokeswoman with the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. A few days before he was killed, DCFS gave him over to the custody of a relative, she said.

She also said that McDonald was the alleged victim in two abuse investigations. One happened in 2000; the other in 2003.

McDonald attended Sullivan House, an alternative school, for about two months, according to the principal there.

Thomas Gattuso remembered McDonald as someone who was outgoing, jovial, talkative and funny. He'd thought about playing basketball and wanted to get his life on track, the principal said.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/23/us/laquan-mcdonald-chicago-dashcam-video/

Last edited:
more details emerging....

Dash cam footage of the incident shows that McDonald was on the ground for 13 of the 14 to 15 seconds that Van **** was shooting, prosecutors said today.

A prosecutor at Van ****'s hearing described the footage, detailing how Van **** started shooting 6 seconds after getting out of his squad car. He fired 16 shots in the span of 14 to 15 seconds, the prosecutor said, noting that the video shows that McDonald never made a move toward Van ****, but Van **** did take at least one step toward McDonald, who was armed with a knife with a 3-inch blade.

You understand the story yet your biggest concern is the semantics of the thread title. Like your only objection worth noting is that somehow the city and the police are being misportrayed in the title. true colors shining through, thank you for that.

you always on some other **** in all these threads.  True colors shining because I came in the thread expecting to read about how a city paid cover up or hush money to 'hide a shooting?' :stoneface:   A city settled, publicly, for $5M, with the family, who valued their loved one's life at that price, for a shooting...sit down

And what do you be on in all these threads?

So you expected to read about info on NT that someone paid 5 million dollars to coverup? seems legit.

BTW still haven't seen the video of this publicly settled incident. Semantics, like I said. You think you clarified yourself with that paragraph. Lol

@ABC7Chicago:
BREAKING: Dash cam video of Jason VanDyke shooting #LaquanMcDonald expected to be released at 4:30 news conference with Emanuel, McCarthy

Rahm's gotta be carefully prepping that speech as we speak...

Missing Minutes From Security Video Raises Questions

Chicago police officers deleted footage from a security camera at a Burger King restaurant located fewer than 100 yards from where 17-year old Laquan McDonald was shot and killed, according to a Chicago-area district manager for the food chain.

McDonald was shot 16 times by a Chicago police officer on the night of October 20, 2014. Nine of the shots struck McDonald in the back, according to the Medical Examiners report.

The 86-minutes of missing video runs from 9:13 p.m. to 10:39 p.m., according to the lawyers for McDonald’s family. He was shot at approximately 9:50 p.m.

The Burger King sits at 40th and Pulaski and has a series of outside security cameras. On the night of the shooting, McDonald was trailed by Chicago police officers through the Burger King parking lot after a call about a man with a knife, according to attorneys for the McDonald family.

Just south of the restaurant, McDonald was shot after police on the scene said he posed a "very serious threat" to the officer’s safety. But that claim is disputed by attorneys for McDonald’s family and by some eyewitnesses that night.

"One witness, this witness told us this was an execution. That’s his word," said attorney Jeff Neslund, who along with Michael Robbins, represents McDonald’s family.

After the shooting, according to Jay Darshane, the District Manager for Burger King, four to five police officers wearing blue and white shirts entered the restaurant and asked to view the video and were given the password to the equipment. Three hours later they left, he said.

The next day, when an investigator from the Independent Police Review Authority asked to view the security footage, it was discovered that the 86 minutes of video was missing.

In a statement, a spokesman for the IPRA said: "We have no credible evidence at this time that would cause us to believe CPD purged or erased any surveillance video."

But according to Darshane, both the cameras and video recorder were all on and working properly the night of the shooting. So what happened? One of the detectives, he believes, deleted the files.

"We had no idea they were going to sit there and delete files," Darshane said. "I mean we were just trying to help the police officers."

The missing video, all sides agree, would not have shown the actual shooting but attorney’s for McDonald’s family contend it could have shown events leading up to the shooting.

"Our first time down at the Burger King restaurant when we started talking to employees, watching the Burger King video, when we realized video had been deleted, or is missing, absolutely we knew something was up," said Jeff Neslund.

While the video from the Burger King is missing, the shooting of McDonald was captured on a police dashboard camera. That video has not been made public.

The FBI, the U.S. Attorney and the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office are all investigating the McDonald shooting.

As is the Independent Police Review Authority.

"I don’t regard them as independent and I don’t regard them as investigators," said attorney Candace Gorman. She represents the family of Divonte Young who was shot and killed by a Chicago Police officer in August 2012. The officer said he was in fear of his life after Young shot at him.

IPRA in calling the shooting justified noted, "No weapon was found on or near the Subject so it was surmised that a civilian had removed the gun."

In a civil rights case filed in federal court, Gorman contends IPRA investigations are a whitewash.

"Their policy is to exonerate any officer that’s involved in a shooting and the officers all know it," she said. "They have complete impunity, and they know they will never be called on the carpet by the city of Chicago or the so-called independent investigative unit."

IPRA responded saying its investigations are done "fairly, objectively and thoroughly. IPRA’s policy is to reach the proper conclusion relative to the officer’s use of deadly force based solely on the evidence." And that, "Ms. Gorman could not be more wrong."

City Inspector General Joe Ferguson's office is, according to the IG's website, auditing the "accuracy and completeness of IPRA’s reporting on officer-involved weapons discharges and investigations."

A spokeswoman for the IG’s office says the audit is ongoing.

After repeated requests, the Chicago Police Department did not comment. 

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/laquan-mcdonald-investigation-305105631.html#ixzz3sS9B1GWW  
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter  | nbcchicago on Facebook
Edit: 

Last edited:
I can see a jury acquitting. Just because they can rationalize with themselves that" he had ample time to stop walking and get down"

Personally I don't think that way. The officer was in no form of danger. They guy was 10-15 feet away and walking away from him in a straight line. No acts of aggression. Heck, they could've taxed him and saved time

I hope they riot, that's the best we'll get out of this. These guys will get off and so will the Bmore officers. Don't believe the hype.

Back
Top Bottom