The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Movie Thread

"We're meant to lose the people we love.
How else would we know how important they are to us?
"
eek.gif
frown.gif
pimp.gif

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went.
You can swear and curse the fates.
But when it comes to the end, you have to let go.
"
pimp.gif

I feel like i needed to see this movie.

Great movie. Better than CCBB > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight. I'm all for Heath getting best supporting and Brad Pitt getting Best Actor. Moviewas very good, consistently had moments that made me tear up. Great movie.

interesting Forrest Gump comparison. I didnt pick up on it while I was watching the flick but you brought up some very valid points.

FG is one of my favorite movies of all time. I didnt feel the same way about BB. Maybe it's because I saw each movie at different points in my life. Idont know.

BB is still a great movie. Wonderful cinematography, great acting, and an overall engaging storyline. 30-40 minutes shorter, a better ending and I'dprobably be raving about this film.
I'm looking forward to the DVD and the alternate endings. If they have them.

<>

I SAY GATDAM!

Brad looked hella fine on that sail boat---and yea, the movie wasn't bad either
laugh.gif

I don't appreciate Taraji NOT gettin' play in the ads though like she a nobody
smh.gif
I was pissed when I saw her on the screen.

Honestly, this movie was not as good as y'all make it out to b..it was very bland..and it did make you feel the character's emotion at all..

I left the theater with my girlfriend thinkin the same thing as she did..and that was "very disappointing and not a movie we would see again"..

The first 30-40 minutes of the minute had me about to fall asleep..and then the movie finally started to pick up..i was just waitin and waitin for him to byounger..quite a few funny moments..

The best part of the movie was where he describes the accident that occurs to Ms. Daisy and that was definitely portrayed very well..and that makes you thinkabout life in general..The "WHAT IF" factor...

The lack of emotion that Brad Pitt should have felt when he was losin everyone around him including his mother, when he was about to leave Daisy and his newlyborn..i just felt it could have been a better delivered movie for what the critics make of it in the first place..

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION..

I loved this movie. Already one of my all time favorites. So many messages and lessons about life. The similarities to Forrest Gump are there and both aregreat movies, but for some reason I related to this movie a lot more. Recommend it to all your friends. For sure worth the $9.

i saw the movie yesterday and it is one of my 2 favorite movies that ive seen... along wit the dark knight

Caught this yesterday. 3.5 out of 5 for me.

It was a nice story but very Notebook-!+%. No real surpises or suspense. Borderline predictable. And 3 hours long. But I guess it served its purpose.

**********SPOILER ALERT*********SPOILER ALERT****************

His brain doesn't age backwards, it ages forwards.

************** SPOILER ALERT ********* SPOILER ALERT *********************

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Great movie. Better than CCBB > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight. I'm all for Heath getting best supporting and Brad Pitt getting Best Actor. Movie was very good, consistently had moments that made me tear up. Great movie.
indifferent.gif

I thought it was really good. I liked the short story as well too. I like how in the short story he mentally gets younger. In this, he only physically getsyounger. In the short story, he is born an adult-sized old man and starts talking as soon as he is born. I would have loved to see the movie like that.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Great movie IMO. If you don't mind watching a 3 hour drama, I'd def. recommend this film. Everything from the way Pitt spoke to his body language, it was one of the years best performances by far. I can't imagine the lengths he went through to make it that realistic and the hours he spent in make up. I'm also convinced that [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]Cate Blanchett is probably my favorite actress as of now.[/color] I enjoy her presence every time I see her up there, and she always does a wonderful job.

and beautiful I might add I think the movie was very great Brad Pitt had his best performance ever in this film.
pimp.gif

Just finished seeing it and I'm amazed. It had a great story and I don't think they could've selected a better cast for the roles. It'sdefinitely one of those must see movies imo

The story was incredibly boring and bland. The hummingbird was straight cheesy. The man that was telling how he was struck by lightning got old quick. Entirelytoo much of the story was based on him when he was an old (or young) buck. The old hag telling the story from her death bed was mad annoying. And this moviefreaking DRAGGED on. I feel cheated. I want my 10 bones back.

Originally Posted by rock4light

The story was incredibly boring and bland. The hummingbird was straight cheesy. The man that was telling how he was struck by lightning got old quick. Entirely too much of the story was based on him when he was an old (or young) buck. The old hag telling the story from her death bed was mad annoying. And this movie freaking DRAGGED on. I feel cheated. I want my 10 bones back.
Movie went way over your head. The symbolism behind the hummingbird was perfect.

I thought the movie was great. The two friends that accompanied me were disappointed though. I mean, I'm sure if you picked at it hard enough you couldfind faults in almost anything but I thought this movie was very enjoyable for what it was. My favorite parts were probably when Benjamin was recountingDaisy's car accident and the old guy that gets struck by lightning
laugh.gif
That never got old.

Movie was very good. My buddies I went with also enjoyed it.

I mean, in the end, it's still, just a movie, which main focus is to entertain and to a certain extent even stimulate certain feelings of the moviegoer. Ithad it all IMO, comedy, drama, love, action, everything.

Time went by very quick as well. Did not seem like the 3 hours was bad at all. It also helped that my friends and I had little comments here and there. And toanyone who complains about the movie being too long, are you kidding me? I don't know how much movies are where you guys go but they are about $10.25 hereand I would much rather watch a movie with that much depth and meaning than a 90 minute flick with minor giggles here and there. Get your moneys worth and behappy they even make long movies like this still.

^One of my friends said it reminded him of Forest Gump also. And the old man who got struck b lightning def. did not get old. They only showed 6 tho. Or did wemiss one?

Great movie..I could say a lot more but I'm not because all my favorite parts have been stated..

I dont think anyone has mentioned this yet, but I thought that it was
pimp.gif
when he saw on the TV that the girl he had an affair with at the hotel finally swam the English Channel..and it was perfect how he didn't say anythingabout it, just smiled and that was it
eek.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom