The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Movie Thread

It was an amazing movie, just watching his life was amazing. There was hilarious parts to the movie I thought no one caught either, when Benjamin came backhome and his momma said something along the lines of "My knees been hurting by kneeling so much.." and I just chuckled to myself (pretty immature ofme, but enjoy life, damn). It was def one of the top movies of the year. When Brad Pitt was riding on the motorcyle for the first time with that brown jacketwas
pimp.gif
. It was a top movie but in my opinion a movie needs more than justa powerful message and a great story to reflect on to be movie of the year. It leaves you leaving the theater like damn...and making you think and reflect,makes you feel good inside thinking man..this might be movie of the year. I left TDK thinking, damn..this IS movie of the year.

best movie ive seen in quite some time

only reason being that it grasps the audience emotionally, so those that only watch action packed films wont find this film to be entertaining at all

i think this was better than Forrest Gump, because it was more in depth while giving a similar message, and having a similar sequence of events

it wasnt too long if you were emotionally attached to it, but if you're the type that skims through books, this will definitely be too long for you

Daisy in her 20s, when she was still in NY in the ballad crew
pimp.gif
, for real!!!

Just finished it, what a great movie. The style of all the characters was excellent. Director did a great job.

i feel like i already watched the movie after reading all pages of the thread.
laugh.gif

i still plan on watching.

-Dlo
UNDFT

I thought it was good, I had high expectations coming in. The movie itself felt to familiar to earlier films like Forrest Gump and Big Fish.

great movie, almost teared, didnt at the end. very powerful message. it is never too late to do what you want, life is short, so make the most of it. betterthan TDK imo.

Originally Posted by 951guero

Is it a tear jerker movie?
it gets near to be a tear jerker.... but not as much as CLICK

watched that twice and teared up both times, CLICK is a true tear jerker
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Originally Posted by 951guero

Is it a tear jerker movie?
it gets near to be a tear jerker.... but not as much as CLICK

watched that twice and teared up both times, CLICK is a true tear jerker
frown.gif

frown.gif
hell yeah bro, that movie was hella sad

Il be catching this flick this weekend

^^^this movie is much better than 7 Pounds.

I just saw it on Tuesday and this was a great film, possibly the best I saw in 2008. Can't wait to cop the dvd of this one.

the movie had to be another hour longer just to fit more parts of the original short story....i was waiting for his entrance to college (i think it washarvard) and being all cocky with his swaggaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally Posted by geminifly

I just saw it on Tuesday and this was a great film, possibly the best I saw in 2008. Can't wait to cop the dvd of this one.
what made it better than 7 pounds, im trying to pose an argument with a friend

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Saw it a few days ago. Pretty good movie.

Y'all acting like it was the best movie ever, though. It was good, but damn.
laugh.gif
Yeah we on the same page

but 3 hours???...my bladder almost popped

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Originally Posted by geminifly

what made it better than 7 pounds, im trying to pose an argument with a friend
7 pounds is a nice little sweet story, but it doesn't give you that everlasting impact that Benjamin Button does. I mean the ending of 7pounds was sad and it was a remarkable story, but Benjamin Button leaves you sitting there looking at life differently.

I wish i enjoyed this movie as much as i expected to, i just felt that the story wasn't thorough enough in some points and in others, they could have donewithout. When he was younger, body i mean, it seemed like we just didn't know him and he wasn't maturing, but becoming less of a characteristicallystrong person like when he just joined the tugboat. I just felt that as the movie went on, the characters were too disconnected and such, i would not recommendit if you do not like slow moving 3 hour movies, i give it a 7/10 on the imdb scale, so not horrible, just too arduous a journey for the theatres. A movie thatis great you should not be able to tell is 3 hours, not the case here.

i agree with the length of the movie, they focused wayyy too long on when he was an old man...if they cut the movie by half an hour or so it would have beenperfect

Back
Top Bottom