The "DAMN I remember them!!!" Vintage Nike Thread!!!

hrm, I dont think ive seen those before at all. looks like a cross between the command forces and the trainer sc's. this stash of yours continues to impress me man.

but ya, those are pretty sick. what size btw?

hrm, I dont think ive seen those before at all. looks like a cross between the command forces and the trainer sc's. this stash of yours continues to impress me man.

but ya, those are pretty sick. what size btw?
I thought all of the 89 Flights were mids.  That's all I have ever seen until these.  I was only able to find one pic of these and all it showed was the insides.  They do have a Command Force/Sc Trainer look without a doubt.  They are size 9.5.   

Why do I enjoy this thread so much. OP, I praise you. 
Thanks
smile.gif
  Now we just need Nike to come out with a resole program and we can bring some of this OG heat back to life!

Nike Air Pound

The Gary Payton Gloves are coming back out soon, those were funk.  Also what about the origional black on black with red lights......L.A. Gear.  Yesssssss. 

Yeah I read that the Paytons are coming back.  I have some LA Gear around.  I don't think they have the lights on them but I remember them well.  Lol.

OG Air Flights.  These are Sick!

WOW. Definitely never seen that colorway before but those are incredible. Nike needs to retro them.

Here are some pics of the Dynamic Flight Huaraches.
Damn I love this thread. I had these and totally forgot about them. They were like tanks. I wore the hell out of them and they never broke down. Would love to see these retro'd. 

This thread got me wondering if I could find some pics of me wearing my old kicks. Found this gem from circa spring of '88. Air Max 1, kids size 5 if I remember correctly. I may have to ID a pair close to these for old times sake. My first pair of Nike Air. I was obsessed with these shoes. 

Those OG Revolutions and Flights are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Too bad we're not gonna see that high of a shoe in future retros anymore. :smh:

I thought all of the 89 Flights were mids.  That's all I have ever seen until these.  I was only able to find one pic of these and all it showed was the insides.  They do have a Command Force/Sc Trainer look without a doubt.  They are size 9.5.   

The Air Flight 89 High. I have definitely never seen that colorway before and it is incredible! Most of the OG colorways of the Flight High were very conservative. Think about the colorblocking on the Flight 89 lows, and that's how all the highs were...or so I thought. Wow.

Peace,
J

Yeah I read that the Paytons are coming back.  I have some LA Gear around.  I don't think they have the lights on them but I remember them well.  Lol.

OG Air Flights.  These are Sick!

These are actually salvageable, someone could swap the soles from a pair of 89s or something, paint and those might be wearable again. If you sell, make sure to note that in the info.

Thanks for the compliments all.  I was blown away when I 1st saw these too.  Definitely a rare colorway.
These are actually salvageable, someone could swap the soles from a pair of 89s or something, paint and those might be wearable again. If you sell, make sure to note that in the info.
Oh they definitely are.  They share the same sole and midsole of the Jordan 4 so you could use any retro of the 4 to start with.  Of course you will have to find someone who is content with ripping a Jordan apart.
wink.gif

Thanks for the compliments all.  I was blown away when I 1st saw these too.  Definitely a rare colorway.

Oh they definitely are.  They share the same sole and midsole of the Jordan 4 so you could use any retro of the 4 to start with.  Of course you will have to find someone who is content with ripping a Jordan apart.:wink:

Not even, a pair of regular 89s off the shelf at an outlet would do just fine.

Last edited:
Anyone out there have the Air Swifts Pippen wore? Sam Cassell also had a dope pair he wore in the finals when he played for the Rockets. I loved those shoes.
No luck on finding the Swifts.  Sorry.
^ I forgot about those! Cool to see them again. 
I had the Penny Hardaway version of these and I've seen the Pippen version too but they were both mids.  I didn't know they made a high top.  I like them.

^ Can definitely see some Zoom Talaria inspiration in the Diamond Thief. Can you post a photo of the outsoles?

Back
Top Bottom