The "DAMN I remember them!!!" Vintage Nike Thread!!!

Does anyone own a pair of the Nike Air Max Duncan? I had the black pair long ago and still regret selling them to this day. They were discounted and could be had everywhere for the low. Now I can't find a DS size 9 to save my life. By the way I'm not looking to buy. I know the rules. Just telling my sad story. Smh

Last edited:
Does anyone own a pair of the Nike Air Max Duncan? I had the black pair long ago and still regret selling them to this day. They were discounted and could be had everywhere for the low. Now I can't find a DS size 9 to save my life. By the way I'm not looking to buy. I know the rules. Just telling my sad story. Smh
No sorry I don't have them.  I did a quick search on the bay, kixify and SC and no one has them either.  Kinda wild that not 1 pair is out there.

No sorry I don't have them.  I did a quick search on the bay, kixify and SC and no one has them either.  Kinda wild that not 1 pair is out there.
It's as if they just vanished from the face of the Earth. Not only can't I find my size but I can't find any size anywhere.

It's as if they just vanished from the face of the Earth. Not only can't I find my size but I can't find any size anywhere.
There is bound to be a pair out there somewhere sitting in a closet, buried in a storage bin or in a warehouse.  You just have to keep searching and eventually you will find them...or you could wait for Nike to drop a crap retro of them.
wink.gif

I'll just hold out hope. As someone who's had his fair share of OG sneakers. I think it's a disgrace how Nike retros classics with changes. Be it materials used or cosmetic. Not to imply the Air Max Duncan is classic but still.

Last edited:
I'll just hold out hope. As someone who's had his fair share of OG sneakers. I think it's a disgrace how Nike retros classics with changes. Be it materials used or cosmetic. Not to imply the Air Max Duncan is classic but still.
Agreed 110%.  Nike has almost zero respect for the kicks that made them in the 1st place.  This pumping out shiny plastic crap is awful.  I wander into Footlocker once in a while and every retro I pick up makes me want to puke.  Diamond Turfs...Barf!  Air Force max...Barf!  Air Slant...Super Barf!!!!!!!!  They don't seem to realize that for each retro they butcher it makes people with half a brain never want to see that shoe again because they know that if it's 1st ever retro is trash then it will only get worse if it is released again.
mean.gif

Yep. I've given completely up on Jordan Brand because of the changes. More power to those that still buy Js, there just not for me. However I do anticipate the 17/18 retros but only because I'm a Wizard fan. I try to stick to OGs, KD, LeBron and Kobe sigs.

Last edited:
 Agreed 110%.  Nike has almost zero respect for the kicks that made them in the 1st place.  This pumping out shiny plastic crap is awful.  I wander into Footlocker once in a while and every retro I pick up makes me want to puke.  Diamond Turfs...Barf!  Air Force max...Barf!  Air Slant...Super Barf!!!!!!!!  They don't seem to realize that for each retro they butcher it makes people with half a brain never want to see that shoe again because they know that if it's 1st ever retro is trash then it will only get worse if it is released again.
mean.gif
Primo, I completely agree with you sir, unfortunately kids these days don't know anything about how the OG pairs looked like, so they buy this new VacTech, Fuse and whatnot plastic crap Nike are trying to convince us too hard that is good and expensive for us.

Last edited:
Yep. I've given completely up on Jordan Brand because of the changes. More power to those that still buy Js, there just not for me. However I do anticipate the 17/18 retros but only because I'm a Wizard fan. I try to stick to OGs, KD, LeBron and Kobe sigs.
I hate Jordans now to be quite honest.  Even my love for the OGs is slowly fading away because of these 15 year old Jordan junkies that roam the planet.  "Hey bro you got Js?  Where are the Js?  I only wear Js."  People who Never even saw the guy play sweating cheap retros like they are the best and only kicks out there.  I have 1 pair of Jordans that I wear and that is the Toro Bravo Spizikes.  That is it and I've only wore them like 3 times since they dropped.  I have no desire to have the same kicks on as every other person on the planet so I can feel like I'm cool.  I wear what I like and honestly I hate all the other Spizikes besides the Toro Bravos.  I'm a sucker for red.  What can I say.
happy.gif
  I have no KDs or Lebrons either.  I like KD but don't like his kicks and Lebron is ok but I don't like his kicks either especially for their $200 price tag.  I despise Kobe and wouldn't wear anything affiliated with him.  Great player, actually Great scorer and a douchebag human being.

Primo, I completely agree with you sir, unfortunately kids these days don't know anything about how the OG pairs looked like, so they buy this new VacTech, Fuse and whatnot plastic crap Nike are trying to convince us too hard that is good and expensive for us.
I kinda understand that the young kids are only doing what everyone else is doing to fit in.  I can't blame them for being born in this time period nor do I expect them to know what it's like to have an OG pair of kicks on your feet.  I think it's just this attitude that they are so smart and in with the times that makes me laugh.  I mean the amount of money that people shell out for what is essentially trash is just hysterical. 

I hate Jordans now to be quite honest.  Even my love for the OGs is slowly fading away because of these 15 year old Jordan junkies that roam the planet.  "Hey bro you got Js?  Where are the Js?  I only wear Js."  People who Never even saw the guy play sweating cheap retros like they are the best and only kicks out there.  I have 1 pair of Jordans that I wear and that is the Toro Bravo Spizikes.  That is it and I've only wore them like 3 times since they dropped.  I have no desire to have the same kicks on as every other person on the planet so I can feel like I'm cool.  I wear what I like and honestly I hate all the other Spizikes besides the Toro Bravos.  I'm a sucker for red.  What can I say.
happy.gif
  I have no KDs or Lebrons either.  I like KD but don't like his kicks and Lebron is ok but I don't like his kicks either especially for their $200 price tag.  I despise Kobe and wouldn't wear anything affiliated with him.  Great player, actually Great scorer and a douchebag human being.

I kinda understand that the young kids are only doing what everyone else is doing to fit in.  I can't blame them for being born in this time period nor do I expect them to know what it's like to have an OG pair of kicks on your feet.  I think it's just this attitude that they are so smart and in with the times that makes me laugh.  I mean the amount of money that people shell out for what is essentially trash is just hysterical. 
Primo you are correct but let me say this yea the kids focus on the jordan,foams,and other hype kicks and nike are retroing kicks that the quality is crap trust me i coped  those vac tech barkleys a year ago but i got a question for you and my question is what you think the sneaker culture is heading becaus i beleve its gonna get worse in 2014 thats just my opinion

the last newer jordans that i bought was the XI lows in 2012 i dont care that much about the newer jordans but i do buy older af1s, some older jordans, older iversons, and ogs that i had back in the day 

Back
Top Bottom