THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Originally Posted by RFX45

I feel that the Avengers and TDKR (or Nolans Batman series for that matter) is just two completely different movies even though both falls in the comic book genre. Avengers felt likes an action filled, summer blockbuster film. Like Michael Bays film if it actually made sense. It felt epic in a way that we got to see the heroes we grew up with together on film and actually just go all out, beating a plethora of aliens w/o consciousness is just a perfect set-up for the Hulk and is why the other films never seem that good.

Nolans Batman series has a lot more depth though, it depends highly on the story-telling aspect and drama instead of the action. While the Avengers was a simple story of getting all the heroes together and getting along, Batman is a bit more complicated and challenges you to think more. And it looks like this final film will have layers upon layers depth, plus it is simply a lot darker. There wouldn't be much one-liners that will make the audience laugh that you miss the next few lines in the film. It'll deliver more shock and awe than cheers and laughter.

Both will likely be great films, they will just deliver two different kind of movies with two completely different feelings.
But thats what it is though for both series. Batman is a much darker series than the Avengers. 
You hit the nail on the head though. And as a fan of comics in general and having no real subscription to one side, I can honestly say that both of these films will deliver 2 different but very necessary feelings to fans and viewers.

The Avengers gave us laughs and 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
faces from beginning to end, while Batman will give us the 
eek.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
smokin.gif
 faces. Both are needed. 

Originally Posted by PRIME

I feel that the Avengers and TDKR (or Nolans Batman series for that matter) is just two completely different movies even though both falls in the comic book genre. Avengers felt likes an action filled, summer blockbuster film. Like Michael Bays film if it actually made sense. It felt epic in a way that we got to see the heroes we grew up with together on film and actually just go all out, beating a plethora of aliens w/o consciousness is just a perfect set-up for the Hulk and is why the other films never seem that good.

Nolans Batman series has a lot more depth though, it depends highly on the story-telling aspect and drama instead of the action. While the Avengers was a simple story of getting all the heroes together and getting along, Batman is a bit more complicated and challenges you to think more. And it looks like this final film will have layers upon layers depth, plus it is simply a lot darker. There wouldn't be much one-liners that will make the audience laugh that you miss the next few lines in the film. It'll deliver more shock and awe than cheers and laughter.

Both will likely be great films, they will just deliver two different kind of movies with two completely different feelings.
But thats what it is though for both series. Batman is a much darker series than the Avengers. 
You hit the nail on the head though. And as a fan of comics in general and having no real subscription to one side, I can honestly say that both of these films will deliver 2 different but very necessary feelings to fans and viewers.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
smokin.gif
 faces. Both are needed. 
Couldn't have said it better. 
As I have noted in one of my earlier posts, since the Batman franchise itself is an homage to Pulp magazines from an earlier era, it perfectly makes sense for Nolan to make his Batman movies in the realm of film noir. Avengers is, a superhero movie. Batman is a crime drama that just happens to have the main detective dress up as a bat 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by donmega

eek.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
smokin.gif
 faces. Both are needed. 
As I have noted in one of my earlier posts, since the Batman franchise itself is an homage to Pulp magazines from an earlier era, it perfectly makes sense for Nolan to make his Batman movies in the realm of film noir. Avengers is, a superhero movie. Batman is a crime drama that just happens to have the main detective dress up as a bat 
wink.gif
citizen_cane.gif

So many people just don't realize this

If you replaced Batman's character with a non super-hero character - 

A highly motivated detective with a tragic past

A highly educated person compelled to stop a terrorist (dressed as a clown or with a bane mask)

Or a character with really dark roots trying to do the right thing

All without the costume - the movie would still be the same quality film.

Watched Tom Hardy in Bronson

This dude will absolutely DESTROY the part of Bane.

Anyone having any doubts needs to watch that movie.

Nolans Batman series has a lot more depth though, it depends highly on the story-telling aspect and drama instead of the action. While the Avengers was a simple story of getting all the heroes together and getting along, Batman is a bit more complicated and challenges you to think more.
I agree that TDK is more of an introspective film, but I think you're short-changing the level of difficulty that Whedon had to work with by saying that it's "a simple story of getting all the heroes together and getting along."  In the hands of the wrong writer/director...the Avengers could've easily been a mess.  Ej. Several characters short-changed, screen time unbalanced, movie reduced to an Iron Man movie with extra characters, campy/corny dialogue, leaving casual moviegoers confused and disengaged, etc.  I know it's probably not what you meant, but the way you're wording it is that any writer/director could've came along and the movie would've still been a 200 million opening box office success. 

Originally Posted by amel223

Nolans Batman series has a lot more depth though, it depends highly on the story-telling aspect and drama instead of the action. While the Avengers was a simple story of getting all the heroes together and getting along, Batman is a bit more complicated and challenges you to think more.
I agree that TDK is more of an introspective film, but I think you're short-changing the level of difficulty that Whedon had to work with by saying that it's "a simple story of getting all the heroes together and getting along."  In the hands of the wrong writer/director...the Avengers could've easily been a mess.  Ej. Several characters short-changed, screen time unbalanced, movie reduced to an Iron Man movie with extra characters, campy/corny dialogue, leaving casual moviegoers confused and disengaged, etc.  I know it's probably not what you meant, but the way you're wording it is that any writer/director could've came along and the movie would've still been a 200 million opening box office success. 
I think he's not short-changing Whedon's work at all. I guess what he's trying to say is that the material itself was a little bit more simpler. We don't see multiple layers of drama with the Avengers, and just to be fair, Whedon didn't have much material to work with. 
Again, Avengers = feel good, action-packed superhero film. TDKR= hard boiled, gritty crime drama

and just to be fair, Whedon didn't have much material to work with. 
I actually think he had a lot on his plate.  at a cursory glance, the premise of the plot was simple.  but the level of difficulty in executing it is a different story.  just because the avengers is not an introspective story a la TDK shouldn't change the fact that Whedon had a monumental task in front of him. 

Originally Posted by amel223

and just to be fair, Whedon didn't have much material to work with. 
I actually think he had a lot on his plate.  at a cursory glance, the premise of the plot was simple.  but the level of difficulty in executing it is a different story.  just because the avengers is not an introspective story a la TDK shouldn't change the fact that Whedon had a monumental task in front of him. 
That's what I was sayin'. The material was weak enough to begin with, and Whedon did a great job with regards to executing a smoothly weaved story. Again, nobody is short changing Whedon's work. That's why it's all praises for him on how he made all the characters click. 
smile.gif

I think Whedon saved The Avengers, because I know dude's work. It feels like he rewrote all of the dialogue when he came on and the dialogue and punchlines and little character interactions really made that movie.

If they hired someone else...it could've been Iron Man 2 mixed with Transformers 3.
sick.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 102)]Tumbler + Bat-pod on tour y'all [/color]http://www.tumblertour.com/

• 5/12 Bentonville, AR
  • 5/15 Tulsa, OK
  • 5/19 Overland Park, KS
  • 5/21 Kansas City,  MO
  • 5/25 Chicago, IL
  • 5/27 Washington, DC
  • 5/28 Baltimore, MD
  • 5/30 Philadelphia, PA
  • 6/1 Buffalo, NY
  • 6/7 Toronto Canada
  • 6/10 Montreal Canada
  • 6/12 Purchase, NY
  • 6/13 Columbus, OH
  • 6/15 Lansing, MI
  • 6/16 Detroit, MI
  • 6/17 Brooklyn, MI
  • 6/19 Indianapolis, IN
  • 6/21 Nashville, TN
  • 6/22 Knoxville, TN
  • 6/23 Atlanta, GA
  • 6/25 Dallas, TX
  • 6/27 San Antonio, TX
  • 6/29 El Paso, TX
  • 7/1 Albuquerque, NM
  • 7/2 Phoenix, AZ
  • 7/7 Los Angeles, CA
tumblr_m3tou6MmyR1rvtxqbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3tou6MmyR1rvtxqbo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3tou6MmyR1rvtxqbo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3tou6MmyR1rvtxqbo4_1280.jpg

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

am i the only one not impressed with the trailer, it was 
grin.gif
 to me
I don't know about that, the preview in the theaters had me 
eek.gif
eek.gif

yea...it came off a lot better in a theater than on my laptop.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

eek.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
smokin.gif
 faces. Both are needed. 
wink.gif
citizen_cane.gif

So many people just don't realize this

If you replaced Batman's character with a non super-hero character - 

A highly motivated detective with a tragic past

A highly educated person compelled to stop a terrorist (dressed as a clown or with a bane mask)

Or a character with really dark roots trying to do the right thing

All without the costume - the movie would still be the same quality film.

Dang I second this.

Originally Posted by Hazat50

I heard that the few higher ups that were already allowed to see the movie were crying at the ending. I mean the TDK ending was one of the best movies I have seen and if this tops it my mind will be blown. It is amazing how much I have seen in preview and spoilers but I have not the slightest clue how this movie is truly gonna pan out. The Avengers was great movie but I knew they were coming out on top while even though The Dark Knight Rises it looks extra bleak for Bruce and Batman.
Anymore info so we not saying Ducktales?

Nolans endings are great.  Inception...everytime I hear Time
pimp.gif

I've been watching and reading about analysis on the 3rd trailer and a lot of them have Batman dying in the movie. Batman does say he hasn't given the people everything yet. Could it mean his life? Thoughts? 

I'm gonna be a couple miles out of Bentonville tomorrow. I may stop by and take some pics of the Tumbler!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I've been watching and reading about analysis on the 3rd trailer and a lot of them have Batman dying in the movie. Batman does say he hasn't given the people everything yet. Could it mean his life? Thoughts? 
I've been thinking about this one since I saw the last trailer and my hunch is that though he does not die, he might be paralyzed or something (assuming Bane breaks him in a way that is very similar to the comic). And I think this is where JGL gets into the bigger picture. I might be reading too much into it, but he might be a temporary/permanent sub for Batman (ala Azrael, hell he might be playing Azrael for all we know). 
And I think we almost forgot that Ra's Al Ghul is in the movie. So maybe he does die and just immerses himself in the Lazarus Pit. 

Funny thing is, in the end Nolan would have a very different ending after all... damn that guy is such a genius! 
pimp.gif

And I think we almost forgot that Ra's Al Ghul is in the movie. So maybe he does die and just immerses himself in the Lazarus Pit. 

Ra is only in a flashback. Nolan doesn't/won't use "magic" or anything "supernatural" like the Lazarus Pit in his Batman films.

Ra is only in a flashback. Nolan doesn't/won't use "magic" or anything "supernatural" like the Lazarus Pit in his Batman films.
Spoiler [+]
198910-225627_10150594373055203_687075202_18294670_846347_n.jpg

PHPRZhNHcFEgTW_1_m.jpg

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Spoiler [+]
198910-225627_10150594373055203_687075202_18294670_846347_n.jpg

PHPRZhNHcFEgTW_1_m.jpg

Spoiler [+]
I believe that is the well they keep showing Bane climb up and down on several trailers, that likely leads to the newly built Batcave. It could also be the prison where he held Bruce in the trailer. I highly doubt it's the pit.

It being the Lazarus Pit was pure speculation. 

I mean really look at the first two Batman films, Nolan tried to do it as realistic as possible even explaining his various weapons including putting a function in the ears in his mask.

Back
Top Bottom