The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

Being honest, I like Supergirl more than Legends of Tomorrow. They gotta get their **** together. I think LOT is a good idea and has potential but almost every week it's the same thing with right before the final act they have the whole time continuum beef and lecture where dude gives in and is like "you're right" and helps whatever teammate is in trouble that week. Every damn week.

I honestly think the show would be better if they just find a point in the past and stay put. Maybe change the year/setting every season or half season. Give the show some grounding. Make them have to adapt to their surroundings for a period. Give Savage some lieutenants and generals they have to take out before taking him out in the fall finale or something.

They could use a season or half season and show Savage's involvement in a moment in history. Make them have to stay in that year and setup shop for a while to stop him and then when he's beaten, jump to the next moment instead of them ping ponging around.

They're just kinda everywhere right now. They killed Savage like 2-3 times and it's done pretty much nothing except make him aware. Shows not going to last killing Savage every episode. I like the action but it's hard to really get invested.

Supergirl started slow but it's getting better each episode. It's not perfect but its getting there.

I admit, every episode I'm waiting for Supergirl to ask Jimmy, "are we ******* or nah?"
I think they will eventually settle into a time period for a half to full season, but I think they are setting up the basis for all the crazy stuff right now, so that during the mid-season and season finales, they can go all out with the time travel and all that junk

They got a spaceship. Fling his corpse into the sun.

Yeah how does his immortality work? Does his body regenerate? If it does, put him in a cement block and dump him in the ocean word to Transformers 1

He was ashes on the arrow and regenerate somehow.. :rofl:
Some dumb **** was said like as long as one piece of him is around he can be put back together, somehow.

It's all so dumb.

Easier to make him have a healing factor.

They need to hurry up and kill Savage off for good and then just introduce his daughter as the big bad.

Being honest, I like Supergirl more than Legends of Tomorrow. They gotta get their **** together. I think LOT is a good idea and has potential but almost every week it's the same thing with right before the final act they have the whole time continuum beef and lecture where dude gives in and is like "you're right" and helps whatever teammate is in trouble that week. Every damn week.

I honestly think the show would be better if they just find a point in the past and stay put. Maybe change the year/setting every season or half season. Give the show some grounding. Make them have to adapt to their surroundings for a period. Give Savage some lieutenants and generals they have to take out before taking him out in the fall finale or something.

They could use a season or half season and show Savage's involvement in a moment in history. Make them have to stay in that year and setup shop for a while to stop him and then when he's beaten, jump to the next moment instead of them ping ponging around.

They're just kinda everywhere right now. They killed Savage like 2-3 times and it's done pretty much nothing except make him aware. Shows not going to last killing Savage every episode. I like the action but it's hard to really get invested.

Supergirl started slow but it's getting better each episode. It's not perfect but its getting there.

I admit, every episode I'm waiting for Supergirl to ask Jimmy, "are we ******* or nah?"

I think they will eventually settle into a time period for a half to full season, but I think they are setting up the basis for all the crazy stuff right now, so that during the mid-season and season finales, they can go all out with the time travel and all that junk
I think it's kinda clear they'll keep going to the future and then end up in the time period where Savage kills Rip's son and wife and maybe they stop it this time and that'll be enough for Rip or they just fail but finally kill Savage for good.

Last edited:
They need to chop him up, put each piece in some kinda of material then bury him on different continents, shoot into space, use as a paper weight.

Also it allows him to be a mcguffin years later .

If Savage was elusive it would be one thing, but they keep catching him and doing **** they know won't matter. Then Rip's timeline disruption arguments and reasons to keep certain team members behind are dumb as a box of rocks. They have to get a consultant on film time travel.

It's amazing how ppl complain about about the holes in LoT but continue watching but most ppl haven't given Supergirl a chance. It's better than LoT to me.

I'll check out supergirl, seemed meh to me when I watched. I still watch LoT for now because i like space/time epic shows, ie clone wars, farscape, Doctor Who. Doubt it gets better though.

I'll honestly have to give Supergirl another chance.

I mainly didn't care for the cast; dude who is Jimmy, the simping friend, MM, etc. Only like her sis, aunt, and Cat. I know the aunt dies. Not sure on Benoist.

A cast can turn me off just as much as bad premise, concept or writing.

LoT gets chances cuz of the goodwill Flash bought it. I'm not even fond of most of the cast here :lol:

Last edited:
Benoist started out not convincing to me.

To me, her acting gets a lot lot better as the season goes on

It's funny that you mentioned the red tornado episodr. That was when Benoist won me over.

Last edited:
I've actually been rocking with Supergirl, completely stopped watching LoT, show is trash.

It's not too bad, I actually kind of like it.

I just watched LoT for the first time this week, I just binged all the episodes. I'll do the same thing for Supergirl. I rarely watch stuff live. Flash is the exception.

I didn't like the first few episodes of Supergirl, but I stuck with it bc it shared the same developers as the Flash. It's been getting better and better, plus they have a bigger budget so the effects are really good for a tv show.

Supergirl's set pieces and cgi is just superior to anything on Flash or Arrow

Which is why I'm excited for the Flash crossover. He'll be on the Supergirl show so I'm excited to see how his fight scenes are going to look on CBS's budget

Haven't watched Supergirl, but Melissa Benoist is too freaking cute.

Legends of Tomorrow was doomed when they retconned Savage's origin to the Hawk people. Hopefully the next season with a new set of heroes learns from all of the fouls Season 1 has made so far. I stopped watching after episode three.

Supergirl's set pieces and cgi is just superior to anything on Flash or Arrow

Which is why I'm excited for the Flash crossover. He'll be on the Supergirl show so I'm excited to see how his fight scenes are going to look on CBS's budget
Strange. I just tried to watch 2 eps just now. The one where a white martian shows up and the one where she fights Bizarro.

There was this incredibly bad cgi scene at dusk I guess where she was flying I guess over forest like area and it was just bad up to her landing :lol:

I'm leaning more and more on evil future Jay Garrick.

Imma about to go vote on cbr now :lol:

EDIT

Oh wait, we talking about dude in the Iron Mask not Zoom :lol: :smh: @ me.

Lost on who that dude is. Got no real clue. Maybe the real Earth-2 Jay Garrick if Zoom is actually just Hunter Zolomon.

Here's a wild theory I just read

I didn't vote, because the guy in the mask is Jay from Earth-1. What we're dealing with here is two sets of twin brothers -- two Jays and two Hunters -- both separated at birth. E-2 Jay became The Flash, E-2 Hunter became Zoom, E-1 Jay is in the mask, and E-2 Hunter reads newspapers in the park.

:lol:

:nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom