The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

I don't know if you're happy or not with that post :lol:

Gif says one thing, text says another.

Im taking it as something that inevitably happens and its like the showrunners rarely break that curse of the third season. Most shows start sucking at that point.

I always heard it as the sophmore slump. Not 3rd year but it might be different for tv shows and I just aint notice.

I always heard it as the sophmore slump. Not 3rd year but it might be different for tv shows and I just aint notice.

Well the sophmore slump is for when the second season is bad after the first one was great, and is then usually followed by a third season wherein the high level of quality returns.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SophomoreSlump

As far as shows go, Pokemon, Digimon, and Legend of Korra (First season was trash too, but at least Amon was an interesting villain) all come to mind as examples. Some people would probably claim the same thing for the Walking Dead because of all that time on the farm. Iron Man 2 is also an example, though in that case the third film was just ten times worse than the second :x :x

If they have Grodd as the main villain for S3 I won't be surprised if the quality drops :smh:

Whoa Digimon's second season was way better

Legend of Korra got worse with each subsequent season :lol:

Pokémon, I can't even remember anymore. Only reason why I remember Digimon cuz I was a little older when I stopped watching it.

Last edited:
Naah. Season 1 is widely held as one of the best as far as Digimon goes and I don't know the last time I saw someone say season 2 was better. People had problems with every single one of the new kids in some way and outright hated the ending. There's a reason that the opening of Tri was the 02 gang getting washed and we're focusing on the original group again. :lol: Personally, I thought seasons 1 and 2 of Korra were trash, but then even if you don't like the later seasons I don't think it can be argued that in terms of reception that the most popular villain from the show is either Zaheer or Kuvira. Not to say Amon was bad, but those two villains are just insanely popular amongst the fanbase.

Last edited:
Not the biggest fan of Kevin Smith to be honest :lol:

Now that I know who is writing and the credit they're giving aint much changed.

Hope the ep is good though and not just filler.

Well he wrote one of the worst Batman comics i've ever read, but his stuff with Green Arrow was good.

Wally gonna smash Jesse?

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom