The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

That's what I'm saying. He just met a girl that can fly, has super strength and speed and he doesn't tell a soul.

Barry is an idiot. :smh:

sure he'd have to figure out how to get back to her earth but still... not a peep

Last edited:
They couldn't handle those two weak villains on supergirl's show though. zoom would wash barry and cara bae with minimal effort. It's be embarrassing to watch unless some firemen could somehow help them out again.

Forgot to mention but it was cool showing Zoom getting his speed force powers was basically like in the comics with electrocuting yourself and the energy from the particle accelerator.
I figure if they go that path Earth-2 Wally helps Barry out and gives him back his speed. Zoom dies. Earth-2 has Wally as their new Flash.

Back on Earth-1 maybe at some point Wally gets speed force abilities as well. Maybe it even happens this season when it comes to defeating Zoom.

I know in 2 weeks Barry tries to get back his speed powers with Wells in a dangerous way so it may be this electrocute yourself and set off a mini particle accelerator? (since they can't really recreate getting struck by lightning) Maybe it blows up again and this is how Katelynn, Wally and whoever else get their powers?

Might be on to something. In Flashpoint the movie he loses his powers so Thomas Wayne helps him by strapping him down to a chair during a lightning storm to recreate the event that turned him. After hearing the story of Zoom, maybe that's what he's going to try and do

Forgot to mention but it was cool showing Zoom getting his speed force powers was basically like in the comics with electrocuting yourself and the energy from the particle accelerator.
I figure if they go that path Earth-2 Wally helps Barry out and gives him back his speed. Zoom dies. Earth-2 has Wally as their new Flash.

Back on Earth-1 maybe at some point Wally gets speed force abilities as well. Maybe it even happens this season when it comes to defeating Zoom.

I know in 2 weeks Barry tries to get back his speed powers with Wells in a dangerous way so it may be this electrocute yourself and set off a mini particle accelerator? (since they can't really recreate getting struck by lightning) Maybe it blows up again and this is how Katelynn, Wally and whoever else get their powers?

Might be on to something. In Flashpoint the movie he loses his powers so Thomas Wayne helps him by strapping him down to a chair during a lightning storm to recreate the event that turned him. After hearing the story of Zoom, maybe that's what he's going to try and do

How much can CW show?

Yeah, it's also one of the comic origins.

That Zoom origin is what I'm expecting Barry will do. Real crude and risky.
How much can CW show?
I highly doubt they'll show the first attempt failing and Barry suffering 3rd degree burns before trying again :lol:

How much can CW show?
They won't show him getting burned.

But they'll show Iris giving him a pep talk and telling him she loves him -- he finds the willpower to become the Flash after this public declaration of love.

He needs to be like Ben Franklin and fly a kite with a key and catch some lightning.

i thought it was gonna actually be a bait and switch.

pretend like they're gonna give him barry's speed - then when he injects himself, whatever is in the vial actually takes away zooms speed....

i thought it was gonna actually be a bait and switch.

pretend like they're gonna give him barry's speed - then when he injects himself, whatever is in the vial actually takes away zooms speed....
That would actually require common sense. Something no one in the entire city seems to have.

Also funny that they force Wally to leave. Its not like Zoom couldn't just run out and grab him again if something happened. Bring Wally into the fold.

I think they told Wally to leave so that he doesn't find out about Barry being the Flash.

Despite those earlier photos of Barry removing his mask in front of Wally, he didn't do it on the show.

Either a scrapped scene or could there be another time travel involved in the finale where in that instance, Barry removes his mask in front of Wally?

Last edited:
I think they told Wally to leave so that he doesn't find out about Barry being the Flash.

Despite those earlier photos of Barry removing his mask in front of Wally, he didn't do it on the show.

Either a scrapped scene or could there be another time travel involved in the finale where in that instance, Barry removes his mask in front of Wally?

Yeah Barry was using a voice changer..

At this point when villains are kidnapping him, they need to tell him. First King Shark dropping by the house and now Zoom. They gotta let people directly in his life to know they are in danger

In Wallys case though, it's kind of hindsight 20/20.

He had just moved in with Joe and Zoom just happen to go to that house and discovered him, he was probably just looking to grab anyone.

Barry thought he got Zoom trapped and kind of gave him an idea about "family" or relatives so he went to Joes house.

In King Sharks case, he track Flash's smell to Joes house and dude is locked up and probably thought that wasn't a big threat anymore.

Plus it's also understandable that Flash and crew doesn't just go telling just anyone about him being the Flash.

I mean I can see it on both sides of the argument but to me it makes sense how everything played out.

This episode was definitely the weakest so far.

I knew what was coming with Zoom, but the way they executed it left me with 0 interest in the character moving forward.

The lines about how he has no problem murdering & then Caitlyn trying to reason with him, both painful for me to watch :lol:

This episode was definitely the weakest so far.

I knew what was coming with Zoom, but the way they executed it left me with 0 interest in the character moving forward.

The lines about how he has no problem murdering & then Caitlyn trying to reason with him, both painful for me to watch
laugh.gif
He kidnapped ol' girl so he can finesse/manipulate her to give up the yambs.

Velocity 9 strokes

laugh.gif

Last edited:
He kidnapped ol' girl so he can finesse/manipulate her to give up the yambs.

Velocity 9 strokes

:lol:  

:rofl:

Anyone else feel like Jay/Hunter's IQ actually went down like 50 points after the reveal? When he explained using a different version of himself to trick them, I suddenly didn't believe he was capable of such a thing :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom