The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

When your "talent" is being able to go mach 1 it doesn't matter how much experience the other guy has.
If today's version of the Flash got schooled by the Arrow then I'd completely agree with you. But Barry didn't truly understand the full scope of his abilities nor did he have full control over it all. He was just doing in those off of natural ability in the early stages. I'd liken it to Lebron versus the Spurs in 07. LeBron was the most athletic player in that series but still was neutralized by a team who had experience and understood what it took to be victorious.

So I'd allow it that McQueen was able to outsmart him. Early stage Barry wouldn't have even been able to stop that tsunami last night. He's gotten his powers up to the point where he literally went back in time.
The Barry that fought Ollie in the crossover eps could already go mach 1.

This has nothing with the most recent ep where he went so fast he traveled through time.

His speed alone of say 200mph should be enough to kill a powerless human only skilled with arrows and other weapons.

That fight is an example of being taken out of the story and recognizing the writer's wrote Barry as an idiot.

As for your example, basketball is a team sport and the Spurs were the better team by far. It wasn't a one on one match between two ppl.

To be all the way honest unless Barry's powers work where he has to turn them on consciously even a noob that's fat and has no athleticism would beat Ollie because after getting the power he already has superior reflexes and the ability to react faster. A person like that would just run in to Ollie and kill him by accident.
One thing I've learned arguing with people who don't understand that someone who moves so fast the other person may as well be frozen in time is....

If they don't get it immediately, they never will. Just keep to the new episode discussion it ain't worth it lol.
This episode mane................felt like a kick in the nuts after a 3 week hiatus. Shouldve brought us back in slowly
I want to see more Thawne. We've just been getting like 3 minute tidbits at the end of each episode... He's already my favorite character now.

I want a full reveal. Hope like everyone else the time he spends in the past doesn't undo everything that just happened.

Still trying to figure out how Wells managed to make that Speed Mirage with him in a completely different outfit in two completely different places kicking his own *** lol.

Last edited:
Every meta-human has been beaten because some sort of strategy was implemented but somehow the Flash is above this. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Every meta-human has been beaten because some sort of strategy was implemented but somehow the Flash is above this. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Yea, but strategy wasn't implemented

Ollie fought Barry hand to hand and won, while eating Barry's punches and keeping it moving like he was a metahuman himself

I would've loved it if he beat Barry by strategy

ej. Using a machine to slow Barry down, leading him to a booby trap, tricking him in some way, etc. etc.

Last edited:

When your "talent" is being able to go mach 1 it doesn't matter how much experience the other guy has.

If today's version of the Flash got schooled by the Arrow then I'd completely agree with you. But Barry didn't truly understand the full scope of his abilities nor did he have full control over it all. He was just doing in those off of natural ability in the early stages. I'd liken it to Lebron versus the Spurs in 07. LeBron was the most athletic player in that series but still was neutralized by a team who had experience and understood what it took to be victorious.

So I'd allow it that McQueen was able to outsmart him. Early stage Barry wouldn't have even been able to stop that tsunami last night. He's gotten his powers up to the point where he literally went back in time.
The Barry that fought Ollie in the crossover eps could already go mach 1.

This has nothing with the most recent ep where he went so fast he traveled through time.

His speed alone of say 200mph should be enough to kill a powerless human only skilled with arrows and other weapons.

That fight is an example of being taken out of the story and recognizing the writer's wrote Barry as an idiot.

As for your example, basketball is a team sport and the Spurs were the better team by far. It wasn't a one on one match between two ppl.

To be all the way honest unless Barry's powers work where he has to turn them on consciously even a noob that's fat and has no athleticism would beat Ollie because after getting the power he already has superior reflexes and the ability to react faster. A person like that would just run in to Ollie and kill him by accident.

One thing I've learned arguing with people who don't understand that someone who moves so fast the other person may as well be frozen in time is....

If they don't get it immediately, they never will. Just keep to the new episode discussion it ain't worth it lol.
Yeah I guess.

Also goes to show the props deserved for creators that manage to make any comic starring a speedster interesting.
Every meta-human has been beaten because some sort of strategy was implemented but somehow the Flash is above this.
This is true. Especially for the Flash given his GOD like power that logically would make him an unstoppable superhero or supervillain if he wanted to be.

The thing is Arrow did not implement any strategy let alone a reasonable strategy to stop or beat the Flash. The whole theme of the fight was experience (like 2 years of crime fighting and w/e amount of years training on an island) trumps superhuman faster than the fastest transportation made by modern man speed. That's just bull ****.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
If you want.

I just feel like you're not looking at what actually happened in the fight and adding in stuff that didn't happen. Like the way you're interpreting that fight is just off, almost like you watched a completely different fight. Your comparisons to basketball don't help either.

An inexperienced speedster would accidentally kill Arrow in a fight.

Last edited:
Lame dude in a parka has a sister who turns people into gold? Lame villains keep getting lamer.

:lol: Oh man this was bad. This was like the worst possible timeline for writing and making sense.

Instead of Iris loving dude and finding out he's Flash somehow changing the future makes it so all of her jealous feelings go away and she's repulsed again by Barry confessing his love. Gets punched for it and Snart is the one that finds out his secret id and he's left with no yambs anywhere :smh: Ls upon Ls indeed.

I agree that turning ppl in to gold gun was dumb as ****.

The reasoning Barry approached Snart with was insanely dumb. You're really smart how about you don't kill ppl while you commit crimes and try to beat my while I try to put you in prison :stoneface: When I saw how things were going I would've swore instead of doing the same ol same ol Barry was gonna put Snart in his personal prison along with the rest of the super powered villains. I mean that way him knowing his secret id won't hurt anyone. How dumb can Barry be.

I did like the switch speech Wells gives Cisco with the whole father/son thing. Nice twist that it's Barry suspicious of him now. He obviously won't die for snooping. Wells was dumb for killing the editor/writer though. I mean first off he's stupid for letting himself be videotaped before he killed that rich guy, then instead of just stealing all of the evidence he had he straight up kills him.

wells got that bloodlust. Killed a person in each of the last 2 episodes with no dambs given. He's bored being in that wheelchair most of the time.

I mean he spent like 20 years stuck in the past and his main piece is dead.

I love seeing him murk people with that vibrate ability tho :lol:

Can't wait till Barry learns how to do that with Iris :evil:

I hate the typical "protagonist is a simp."

Barry even dropped that Asian chick before he tried to lay pipe on Iris. He needs to rebound with finer yambs.

I hate the typical "protagonist is a simp."

Barry even dropped that Asian chick before he tried to lay pipe on Iris. He needs to rebound with finer yambs.

He thought he had guaranteed yambs from Iris because of a different timeline smh lol

It's hilarious how giddy Barry was on the coffee date with Iris almost has that Quagmire giggity look. :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: Oh man this was bad. This was like the worst possible timeline for writing and making sense.

Instead of Iris loving dude and finding out he's Flash somehow changing the future makes it so all of her jealous feelings go away and she's repulsed again by Barry confessing his love. Gets punched for it and Snart is the one that finds out his secret id and he's left with no yambs anywhere :smh: Ls upon Ls indeed.

I agree that turning ppl in to gold gun was dumb as ****.

The reasoning Barry approached Snart with was insanely dumb. You're really smart how about you don't kill ppl while you commit crimes and try to beat my while I try to put you in prison :stoneface: When I saw how things were going I would've swore instead of doing the same ol same ol Barry was gonna put Snart in his personal prison along with the rest of the super powered villains. I mean that way him knowing his secret id won't hurt anyone. How dumb can Barry be.

I did like the switch speech Wells gives Cisco with the whole father/son thing. Nice twist that it's Barry suspicious of him now. He obviously won't die for snooping. Wells was dumb for killing the editor/writer though. I mean first off he's stupid for letting himself be videotaped before he killed that rich guy, then instead of just stealing all of the evidence he had he straight up kills him.

Barry brings up the whole locking him away in his super prison but snart tells him he has some automated system that will release his identity on the web if he doesnt log in and stop it.

I think the best way to enjoy Flash is to not expect too much from it and go with the flow.

It's a B level show but it's an enjoyable B level show.

If you start to expect too much, that's when you get the high blood pressure from witnessing bad writing :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom