The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

I already liked the tone and overall feel of the show better than arrow when I watched the pilot. I like that he already had a support team and a friend in law enforcement early on instead of dragging on the issue of who he should reveal his identity to.

Why isn't it Wally West? I'm not a fan of Barry Allen.

Wally was never the first Flash. Plus the character is generally younger9 not always though)

Also IGN was speculating in an article they did with the creators that the wheelchair doctor may not be
Prof Zoom, but may be Booster Gold from the future :nerd:

but that was just speculation. The character is new so it could be anybody

Last edited:
Wally is the best one just like Kyle Rayner is the best GL and Grayson is the best bird LOL. I'd love to see a Booster Gold or Blue Beetle film in my lifetime.

Why isn't it Wally West? I'm not a fan of Barry Allen.

Wally was never the first Flash. Plus the character is generally younger9 not always though)

Also IGN was speculating in an article they did with the creators that the wheelchair doctor may not be
Prof Zoom, but may be Booster Gold from the future :nerd:

but that was just speculation. The character is new so it could be anybody

They already opened the door to the future with another character, so why not :nerd:. Or is Detective THAWNE not Prof. zoom?

Last edited:
I like it so far, but creators need to do something about these first time discovering their powers scenes. They're all the same.

I liked this. Shockingly probably the best pilot of all of these recent comic book based tv shows.

But maybe it was cuz it reminded me of Smallville a lot. Liked the upbeat approach. Way better than Arrow.

I liked what they changed and kept. It's like Barry has 2 uncle Ben's, one wrongly imprisoned and then a father figure to look up to in West. they mystery that might pique interest. Even managed to fit in the love triangle stuff CW can't do a show without but not ruin it with it.

The story was solid enough to make me ignore the regular silly stuff like an experimental quantum physics test being conducted in a big city :lol:

I'll actually keep up with this :smokin

Wally is the best one just like Kyle Rayner is the best GL and Grayson is the best bird LOL. I'd love to see a Booster Gold or Blue Beetle film in my lifetime.
kyle raylor is not better than john stewart imo

That's a an other discussion for later but I rank the GLs as

1.Kyle (doesn't have to charge his ring among other things)
2a. John 2b.Guy
3.Hal

Vikki Chase straight friendzoned Barry...

I know those feels all too well :smh.

Last edited:
LIked the pilot... DVR set for da season.

Never got into Arrow. Im guessing that cameo would have made alil more sense if I had.

Zik, what do you not like about Arrow?

Reason I ask is I just went thru 2 seasons in a lil over a month and I love that show. (even the cheesy CW of it all, but I understand that)

Loved the pilot for Flash, will enjoy watching both shows, and hopefully they can connect them here and there without it getting stale or silly.

^
Watch it a fourth time. It's replaying tonight at 9.

Out of all the people to date in the city of course iris dates her dad's partner. SMH. Barry better not be depressed all season and just ask out hot Dr. Snow.

Last edited:
Zik, what do you not like about Arrow?

Reason I ask is I just went thru 2 seasons in a lil over a month and I love that show. (even the cheesy CW of it all, but I understand that)

Loved the pilot for Flash, will enjoy watching both shows, and hopefully they can connect them here and there without it getting stale or silly.
I think I've posted some of why in a few cb based tv show threads.

Overall I don't like the tone of it, the terrible acting, the story at first with him on the island and the flashbacks were cool but then it just torpedoed, the villains, the cast. Not to repeat myself but it is like a poor poor man's attempt at being the tv version of Batman Begins.

I never did get through the full 1st season, probably like the last 2 eps I didn't watch. Just wasn't for me and too CW if you know what I mean. Perhaps if I had did what you did and binge watched a lot of eps I'd have a slightly different opinion of it or could've given it more of a chance but at this point I just don't have any desire to make this show apart of my list.

I did try to catch some of the premiere tonight but eh it didn't grab me. I'm actually of the opinion right now that they're doing Green Arrow completely wrong. On a related note, sad to see how far Brandon Roth has fallen :lol: :smh: Not that he ever shows a whole lot of potential and Returns was trash but damn to sink all the way to CW superhero tv show? :x I wouldn't wish that on actors I dislike.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom