The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

I wouldn't be surprise if Nike decide to retail these for $160 :smh:

That would equal out the inflation of the last 14 years, since the release ;-),

the flight ones in black/black-white were retailed at 120, how much was the price back in 95? Like 110? So that increase is not too bad, maybe it will be the same for the gloove shoes!

I wouldn't be surprise if Nike decide to retail these for $160 :smh:

That would equal out the inflation of the last 14 years, since the release ;-),

the flight ones in black/black-white were retailed at 120, how much was the price back in 95? Like 110? So that increase is not too bad, maybe it will be the same for the gloove shoes!

There really shouldn't be any "inflation".

Until recently retros had always cost the same or less than they did when the shoe first released. When a new shoe first releases Nike has to spend Millions of dollars on development and manufacturing costs on top of paying the signature athlete their cut. When a shoe is re-released it costs only a fraction to manufacture compared to the original run and Nike used to pass these savings down to the consumer by keeping OG retail prices regardless of inflation.

That being said... OG retail on these was $109... ...$160 seems about right when we do finally see these.

great news y'all! GP himself confirmed it on instagram that these WILL infact release!

i dont even buy shoes anymore like that but these will DEF be copped! :pimp:

YEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

est. RD ?

Last edited:
great news y'all! GP himself confirmed it on instagram that these WILL infact release!
i dont even buy shoes anymore like that but these will DEF be copped! :pimp:

I just shed a tear of joy.

I pray these are a GR.

black pair is a MUST!!  i dont expect too much from Nike, just happy to get a pair so i can finally play ball in these again!
8a426934a830b342d63e45c07c1c2413da7e32a2.JPG
This man KNOWS!!! The all black pair is must. Everything else is a bonus. Will cop these when they hit Outlet,s

where did he confirm this?

as far as I know there is a video, where Gary Payton is giving autographs and a fan is asking him and he responds "this October"

That video is almost a year old. More recently both him and his son mentioned through various social networks the shoe would be re-releasing.

I highly doubt we will see them release this year, and honestly I wouldn't even want to see them release with this short of notice. I just feel like if were to drop before the end of the year they would only make a tiny production run and numbers would be insanely limited.

Last edited:
In the video he said October, maybe he forgot to mention that it is going to be October 2013!

Back
Top Bottom