The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

These are cool until the zipper breaks...I was hyped when moms copped these for me, it was 7th grade I think. Had em bout 2 weeks then BAM!!! Smfh

These are cool until the zipper breaks...I was hyped when moms copped these for me, it was 7th grade I think. Had em bout 2 weeks then BAM!!! Smfh

This is very true but Im pretty sure it was addressed a long time ago. There were a lot of complaints and returns due to broken zippers on a few different pairs of early zip up models. I noticed every zip up shoe released after 1999 has incorporated a different, thicker kind of zipper that wont break or jam as easily as the old ones.

Early zip up models used a very thin zipper with a loose metal pull tab. Post 99 Zip up models used a thicker zipper with a thick single jointed plastic pull-tab featuring Nikes signature swoosh logo. (ie zipper used on Flightposite 1 & 2)

Last edited:
i tweeted nike about the glove coming out and they said "Not that we've heard of." :rolleyes

Last edited:
Honestly. The new Jordan's wouldn't be as bad if they didn't zip all the way up to your knees.

They're not half as bad as these new Under Armour sneakers though.

79e74f46_under-armour-brandon-jennings-micro-g-charge-pe.jpeg

Last edited:
I honestly think JB told Nike to shelve the Glove retro so they could come out with the XX8

Or maybe the shoe just sucks so much that I'm blaming all of my problems on it

Im glad these are coming back out finally!

i hope nike doesnt murder it with 1208427089174097328462346789 colorways though.

The only problem I foresee is Nike/JB not wanting anything to cut into their profit margin.
Especially not an aesthetically similar shoe at half the msrp of JB's flagship model.

This scares me, and realistically I don't see the gloves releasing till fall of 2013 now.

Last edited:
I hope we get more info. I will def get the black and white pairs and if they release the heat CW too.

Back
Top Bottom